Wow, Sega really are clueless little freaks aren't they?

daninthemix

How come Easy is exactly the same as Hardest? Try it for yourself - there is NO difference. The first three fights are a cakewalk, and each one after that is increasingly impossible.

How can you call yourself a developer when you can't even program a simple difficulty control? How can you legally charge for a product that is not fit for purpose and not functional?

How can you have such a vaccuum for a mind that you don't notice this before releasing the product?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I had fun with VF5 on the 360, either the regular retail version or the live arcade version. I prefer the retail version as it felt more like a "real game" with stuff to unlock and such. Doing the quest mode was not "easy" but not impossible either. Some fights annoyed me a little bit but with time they where doable. At least i didn't felt "cheaply spam"

This game on the other hand, despite me spending just 30 min in arcade mode (yes 30 mins for ONE arcade mode, in any other game it would be huge) it felt infuriating. The problem is the AI is SOOO CHEAP and seem to predict everything. I picked Sarah as she was my character in VF5 and i had the impression i had to hit my opponents with 4 grabs to kill them or so many hits while the would do 2 grabs on me and i was dead.

It wasn't "clunky" per said but FELT clunky when you have play VF5. I never felt in control of my char.

Seriously this game can only appeal to nostalgia of the peoples who did play it back in the days cause otherwise unlike 2D classic Mortal Kombat games for instance there is no purpose of going back to it. It does not have the charm of MK1 or MK2 or such. Its just a limited version of VF5 both in gameplay and graphics.

Maybe very good in its time, but shitty for modern consoles (and i know its 2018, im saying even at the time of its original arcade live release)