Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Clueless

Great guide,thank you for posting this

there is one.. i think.. mistake

I think Terminal 4 is in Mission 5(the description is correct)

But other than that,great stuff

Terminal four is definitely on the fifth mission (Reclaimer). I just did it, was somewhat confused by the level, but the description is correct so it worked out fine. Just wrong mission.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=2479&pictureid=14771 This is my Rifle, This is my Gun 20 :gsicon:

Carried a UNSC weapon all the way through mission 3 on Heroic or harder.

Campaign Mission 3 'Forerunner' specific. Must be obtained on Heroic+.

Use 'Mission Select' after initial Campaign playthrough if missed.

You start out with 2 UNSC weapons

• Assalt Rifle
  • Magnum Pistol

Pick one of the two and carry it with you until the Mission ends. It is ok if you run out of Ammo on the UNSC weapon. - It is NOT ok if you drop it.

Might be worth mentioning that if you die, you will spawn with non UNSC weapons.

Great guide, very well laid out. Definitely will use for mop up. There's just one thing I wanted to point out.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=2479&pictureid=14788 Knight in White Assassination 20 :gsicon:

Assassinated a Knight in any Spartan Ops mission.

Infinity Multiplayer :: Spartan Ops related. Online Required. Can be obtained on Easy+.

When behind a Knight, press and hold :xbut: to perform an assassination either Solo or Cooperatively.

There is no control scheme where Melee (and thus Assassinate) is :xbut:. The default scheme has it on :rbbut:. In the majority of control shcemes (5 out of 7) :xbut: is Reload.

Might be worth mentioning that if you die, you will spawn with non UNSC weapons.
I didn't. Played through on Legendary, died plenty of times always spawned with my nearly empty Magnum.

There is no control scheme where Melee (and thus Assassinate) is :xbut:. The default scheme has it on :rbbut:. In the majority of control shcemes (5 out of 7) :xbut: is Reload.

Cheers for this! I play bumper jumper so the default setting can get confusing. Seems like it doesn't change then.

Cheers ;)

Edit: fixed the typo in the Terminal guide... level 4 was mentioned 2x - Thanks to everyone and Maka!

If you die in Co-Op you will respawn without your weapon, therefor losing the achievement. Meaning if on Co-Op you must make it through without dying, which is simple as you can hang back and act as a spawn point for your partner the whole mission. However, on Solo, it is also easy as you may die as many times as you want because you revert to last checkpoint, which will load up whatever weapons you were holding at the time, which should have been a pistol/assault rifle if you were going for this achievement.

In the end, if your a terrible player, you might want to grab the help of a skilled friend who is willing to let you hold back while he/she does the level, but if you are skilled it may be simpler to run through this yourself.

DLM, just a quick note one some of the button icons you may of used during the guide.

For example, 'Knight in White Assassination', you've put press :rbbut: to assassinate. Though this maybe right for you, some people may of changed the controller button layout.

So like myself, :ls: is melee. So it may be worth swapping them out and putting in the work "melee" or whatever words needs to replace it. Just so people don't get confused or don't know how to assassinate, they're not standing there constantly pressing :rbbut: with nothing happening.

DLM, just a quick note one some of the button icons you may of used during the guide.

For example, 'Knight in White Assassination', you've put press :rbbut: to assassinate. Though this maybe right for you, some people may of changed the controller button layout.

So like myself, :ls: is melee. So it may be worth swapping them out and putting in the work "melee" or whatever words needs to replace it. Just so people don't get confused or don't know how to assassinate, they're not standing there constantly pressing :rbbut: with nothing happening.

True, but most people do play on default settings and they know if they changed it because they are the ones who set it up that way. If this is true, they would know what melee was instead. Lots of games let you change the layout of the controls, so of course most guides would have to then change their icons too ;)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=2479&pictureid=14775 Give Him the Stick 20 :gsicon:

Took out both Hunters using only the Sticky Detonator in mission 7.

This achievement, on the xbox says you have to do it on solo.

It also doesnt really say u have to take both out at same time just u need to kill em with the sticky thing. Its kinda vauge description

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=2479&pictureid=14775 Give Him the Stick 20 :gsicon:

This achievement, on the xbox says you have to do it on solo.

It also doesnt really say u have to take both out at same time just u need to kill em with the sticky thing. Its kinda vauge description

This too:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=2479&pictureid=14773 Mortardom 20 :gsicon:

Hijacked a Wraith and used it to kill at least four enemy Wraiths in mission 5 on Heroic or harder.

Campaign Mission 5 'Reclaimer' specific. Must be obtained on Heroic+.

The easiest way to hijack a Wraith is to kill the gunner from a safe distance, and emp blast it with the charged Plasma Pistol shot (hold :rtbut: and release). While it is temporary disabled, you must go along side it press :xbut: to hijack it.

Now use it to destroy 4 other Wraiths. The trick is to keep moving & dodging the enemy Wraith's plasma attack while staying a safe distance from them, especially their short/mid ranged gunner's attack. There are a total of 7 Wraiths in the level.

On Xbox.com, it says "In mission 5, steal a Wraith and use it to kill at least four enemy Wraiths on Heroic or harder." Not "hijack". People might think that it's similar to hijacking a Ghost or something and try to do it that way, making it more complicated than it should be.

Why the discrepancy with achievement descriptions on here? It's like that for a lot of them...

Game Changer

Created and saved a Custom Game type in War Games.

Can anyone point me in the direction on how to save a game? I went to the 'Custom Games' tab and edited in some random new settings, but nowhere on the menu's or in game stuff could I see a save link?

Noz, you must press :ybut: to Save it ;)

"Changing difficulty to Legendary on Mission 8 in hopes to unlock The Legend of 117 or Lonewolf Legend will NOT work. In order to unlock a 'Completed the Campaign...' achievement on a specific difficulty you must NOT change the difficulty settings at any point during that entire playthrough."

Not sure of the wording here. First part I understand. But the second part; Is that in context of the first sentence. Because that's never been an issue before in previous Halo games... when you complete the campaign you will unlock the "Completed the Campaign" achievement at whatever the lowest difficulty of any level was. This seems to contradict that. Or am I just reading it wrong... would seem like a glitch if that is the case.

Anyone see this happen?

Changed it a bit:

Changing difficulty to from Heroic to Legendary on Mission 8 in hopes to unlock The Legend of 117 or Lonewolf Legend will NOT work (cheating). In order to unlock a 'Completed the Campaign...' achievement on a specific difficulty you must NOT change the difficulty settings at any point during that entire playthrough.

Yeah, I ran into this last night playing Co-op :( You cannot die if playing Co-op or you can play with a buddy who will revert to last save everytime someone dies... :/

Your best bet is to play this one Solo.

Cheers! ;)

Campaign Mission 7 'Composer' specific. Can be obtained on Easy+.

The Sticky Detonator is acquired in the far left corner in the room with the two Hunters wrecking havoc. It is a charged shot weapon. Press :rtbut: to fire a sticky onto a Hunter. The sticky will only explode when you press :rtbut: a second time. The trick is to get both the Hunter's health down, so that one sticky will kill them both while they are near one another.

From the way this reads, it implies you need to kill both Hunters with the same Sticky Detonator round. I can confirm you can kill the Hunters separately with the Sticky Detonator and still unlock the achievement.

Originally Posted by Crysis Hero

Might be worth mentioning that if you die, you will spawn with non UNSC weapons

Originally Posted by Dead Like Me

Yeah, I ran into this last night playing Co-op :( You cannot die if playing Co-op or you can play with a buddy who will revert to last save everytime someone dies... :/

Your best bet is to play this one Solo.

But, if you play this solo and die, as long as you "revert to last checkpoint" you will be okay and respawn with UNSC weapons, correct? If you die but respawn without actually choosing to revert, then hit another checkpoint, basically you're screwed? Just want to be clear on this.

From the way this reads, it implies you need to kill both Hunters with the same Sticky Detonator round. I can confirm you can kill the Hunters separately with the Sticky Detonator and still unlock the achievement.

Excellent find. The video also implies this. I'll see if I can find a screenshot of a Sticky Detonator location, and just remove the video altogether.

For Bros to the Close do you need to start at the beginning of the whole mission or can I load to the middle load where you start right away with the marines?

Not sure. I will check this out in a minute and let you know/edit the guide accourdingly.

Edit: Something just came up and I won't be able to check this until later this evening.

Edited by * Clueless *

But, if you play this solo and die, as long as you "revert to last checkpoint" you will be okay and respawn with UNSC weapons, correct? If you die but respawn without actually choosing to revert, then hit another checkpoint, basically you're screwed? Just want to be clear on this.

No, if you're playing it solo then when you die you automatically revert to your last checkpoint. You don't have to pause and select the revert option, it just does it. All you have to do if you're solo is hold onto your one human weapon the whole time. You will likely run out of ammo for it pretty quickly, but that's okay. Just never drop it, even if you pick it right back up. If you accidentally switch it for another weapon that's when you'll have to revert to last save.