Do... or do not. There is no try not unlocking

iGoTiT4FrEe

Do... or do not. There is no try. 15G

Complete the Tutorial

There will be a pop-up to play the tutorial as soon as you start the game, however if you decided to skip the tutorial at the time you can still play it by pressing X on the main menu. Simply complete the tutorial and the achievement is yours.

Anyone else not getting this to unlock? I did the tut when it first popped up (ran around and killed the 4 droids) and another 3 times now and it wont unlock for me.

Edited by iGoTiT4FrEe

Have you tried hard reset/reinstalling? Basic troubleshooting options but could work.

Honestly it never works when you try all that, if it's glitched its glitched. It could be something do to with the latest dash update (Nov 17). I'm in the beta program and since I updated to the latest dash every game I try to play fails to sync my latest save but if I select offline it then looks like it sync's and continues to play online.

Not sure if others that are having the issue are in the program and have the "failed to sync your latest save, try again" error but I see reports on the official forums that other Achievements are not unlocking for people also so looks like there is some issues.

Edited by iGoTiT4FrEe

Press X from the main menu and you can play the tutorial again to get it.

:)

I already did that, I've played it 5 times now and it still wont unlock. After doing some tests with other games I think it is more to do with the preview dash as I said above. Others are reporting similar errors with not being able to retrieve their latest game save from the cloud etc.. over in the early access forums.

It seems none of my Achievements are tracking/unlocking any more no matter what game I play since I updated to the latest beta dash. I should have gotten a few other Achievements from other games but it looks like nothing is tracking anymore so I may have jumped the gun blaming DICE this time..... Just waiting for a response from M$ about what's going on.

i had to sign out and back in to get the achievements to unlock.. I did the tutorial mission and nothing unlocked.. but it says it unlocked on the achievement page.. the other achievements popped on screen.. but didn't show on the achievement page.. go figure

Edited by Xenolith666

It could be something do to with the latest dash update (Nov 17). I'm in the beta program and since I updated to the latest dash every game I try to play fails to sync my latest save but if I select offline it then looks like it sync's and continues to play online.

Not sure if others that are having the issue are in the program and have the "failed to sync your latest save, try again" error but I see reports on the official forums that other Achievements are not unlocking for people also so looks like there is some issues.

Confirmed that it is the latest (Nov 17) beta dash that is causing all my Achievement progress to stop tracking/unlocking. I just installed SW Battlefront on my daughters console which still has the old dash and the Achievement popped as soon as I finished the tutorial.

Edited by iGoTiT4FrEe

I also got lots of sync errors yesterday, when you start a game the xbox tries to sync gamesaves and other data. All that failed. Guess the XBL servers are a bit stressed right now. And yeah, I killed more than 10 player-fighters yesterday once or twice and the achievement didn't unlock either.

It isn't the servers, it's the latest preview dash (Nov 17th update) that is causing the problem with no syncing (which also causes your achievements to stop tracking/unlocking). There is a work around posted by corzR for it though that will let you sync your saves,unlock your achievements that you may have earned and remove the error:

1. Go to settings, then network and go to offline mode
2. Restart console via snap menu
3. Sign out of any profiles (if instant sign-in is on)
4. Go to settings, then network and go back to online mode
5. Open a game
6. Let the game force you to sign in to your profile
7. Should be all fixed, enjoy

Microsoft really fucked up by making the achievement system into an app man! I know they did it to stop cheaters etc but Jesus it's broken more often than its not! I had issues the other day on Need for Speed and also have a done...unlocking on Game of Thrones. They really need to sort the whole system out and put it onto a server like the 360 achievements are!

It isn't the servers, it's the latest preview dash (Nov 17th update) that is causing the problem with no syncing (which also causes your achievements to stop tracking/unlocking). There is a work around posted by corzR for it though that will let you sync your saves,unlock your achievements that you may have earned and remove the error:

1. Go to settings, then network and go to offline mode
2. Restart console via snap menu
3. Sign out of any profiles (if instant sign-in is on)
4. Go to settings, then network and go back to online mode
5. Open a game
6. Let the game force you to sign in to your profile
7. Should be all fixed, enjoy

Hey, yeah thanks. Found that on reddit yesterday and it solved both issues!