questions about the game

UltimateDevil19

The definition of "New Game" is a big ambiguous in DMC 4.

A "game" includes all the possible modes, and they all share the same objects, souls, orbs, etcetera. It's probably easier to understand with an example.

You start a new game; play on Human difficulty, clear Missions 01, 02, 03, 04, 05 on Human. At this point, you stop playing on Human and start playing on Devil Hunter difficulty; you will start from Mission 01, but you will still have all the Red Orbs, Proud Souls (and acquired abilities) and Blue Orbs you had on Human. This is because you should consider Missions on different difficulties as "different missions of the same game". When you will beat the game on Devil Hunter and unlock Son of Sparda difficulty, when you start Mission 01 on Son of Sparda you will again have everything you had already collected. This applies to all the six modes (four difficulties and the two H/H modes) of story mode and even to the Bloody Palace: everything you get is shared and available for any mode of the game.

The other scenario is if you decide to start a new game, where by "new game" you don't mean a "playthrough on a different difficulty", but just a new game started from the "New Game" option instead of "Load", in the very first screen as you turn on the console. If you do this, then everything will be reset: all the missions are locked, you have no items or abilities or anything at all, and you have to get them all from scratch. There's really no point in starting a new game, if not for the sake itself of restarting from scratch.

In short, luckly, it's not how you thought, and you'll keep everything you have over the different playthroughs on different difficulties.

Edited by Starlight126

The definition of "New Game" is a big ambiguous in DMC 4.

A "game" includes all the possible modes, and they all share the same objects, souls, orbs, etcetera. It's probably easier to understand with an example.

You start a new game; play on Human difficulty, clear Missions 01, 02, 03, 04, 05 on Human. At this point, you stop playing on Human and start playing on Devil Hunter difficulty; you will start from Mission 01, but you will still have all the Red Orbs, Proud Souls (and acquired abilities) and Blue Orbs you had on Human. This is because you should consider Missions on different difficulties as "different missions of the same game". When you will beat the game on Devil Hunter and unlock Son of Sparda difficulty, when you start Mission 01 on Son of Sparda you will again have everything you had already collected. This applies to all the six modes (four difficulties and the two H/H modes) of story mode and even to the Bloody Palace: everything you get is shared and available for any mode of the game.

The other scenario is if you decide to start a new game, where by "new game" you don't mean a "playthrough on a different difficulty", but just a new game started from the "New Game" option instead of "Load", in the very first screen as you turn on the console. If you do this, then everything will be reset: all the missions are locked, you have no items or abilities or anything at all, and you have to get them all from scratch. There's really no point in starting a new game, if not for the sake itself of restarting from scratch.

In short, luckly, it's not how you thought, and you'll keep everything you have over the different playthroughs on different difficulties.

Thank you for that greate answer! Now im ready for DMC:woop:

I completed the Human Mode and im on Devil Hunter Level 7. I collected all the blue orbs parts so right now i have 6/6 showing in the objects list. It cost me 50000 for one blue Crystal. I completed 3 secret missions. I thought first i will get the ability to buy them in the next game modes like son of sparda. If im trying to by some crystals, the game tells me: "you dont need them anymore"...strange:(

50,000 is the most expensive (and only) one, so you bought all those you can buy (they are all available without requiring you to unlock harder modes). There's a fixed amount of Blue Orbs you can buy, and a fixed amount of Blue Orb Fragments you can find. Complete all the Secret Missions and you will get the missing fragments to complete your health bar.