Quick & Easy Monopoly Achievement Guide

jshg123

After struggling with this achievement for a few hours and several failed attempts, I decided to draw up my own strategy for obtaining the Monopoly achievement. Several posters mentioned the Tattaglia might be easier than the Cuneo, but no one seemed to go in depth on that strategy. So I sat down and planned out a route, the final result was a time of 47:54, putting me currently at 2nd place on the leaderboards. :woop: The time could easily hit 40:00 - 43:00 had I not died twice.

Several tips before I begin.

- Don't draw your gun! :uzi:No!! Don't do it! :( Seriously. If you don't fire you're gun until absolutely necessary, you can casually walk right into half of these Tattaglia businesses and just ask for ownership. If the Tattaglia start shooting at you, just run past them. I promise it will work. You can start shooting people after you take over your first warehouse. :)

- Pay off the police chief when mentioned. This gives the Tattaglia a different target to aim at other than yourself. It takes 5 extra seconds and saves lots of life.

- Be careful when walking into rackets if your gun is drawn. If you kill one racketeer, you've just ruined your entire run. Make sure you're shooting mobsters, and not the guys you need to talk to. Also make sure mobsters don't run for cover behind the racketeer.

- After taking over each warehouse or hub, just get killed. :confused: I know it seems strange, but I promise you'll respawn in a much better position and you'll lose some of the vendetta points or police if they're after you. It doesn't hurt you at all to just die and respawn.

- I completed my run at level 49, but you could easily accomplish it at lower levels.

- I only hired an assasin for the final compound, and he didn't do much. Use him at your own discretion.

- Make sure you have enough cash to buy out each business. If you've finished the main storyline, it probably won't be a problem.

Below I'm simply listing the order the Tattaglia business that I used, whether or not they have a racket or favor, and what time I had as I left each business. The times serve only as a guide, you can be several minutes behind my times and still be doing fine for the achievement. Pull up your map and figure out the best way to get to each business, it should be pretty straightforward.

Little Italy

• Global Trading Co. & Racket – 1:12

• Harry’s Bar & Racket – Pay off Chief – 3:00

• Arezzo Seafood & Racket – 3:55

• DeMantagna’s – 4:45

• Emilio’s Butcher Shop & Racket – 5:35

• Sammy’s & Racket – 6:55

• Saint Martin Hotel & Racket – 8:30

• Bella Siciliana & Racket – 9:35

• Skip the warehouses for now

Midtown

• Palladio Willow & Boxer favor :boxer(knock him around and execute with hands) – 11:25

• The Luna Bar & Punks favor (Shoots boxes and truck, not men) – (These were my first shots fired) – 13:08

• Tito Morelli – 13:50

Hell’s Kitchen

• Mrs. Spillane’s – 14:50

• The Tunnel Club – (get in new car) 15:45

• The Roost – 16:50

• Arezzo Seafood & Racket – 17:40

• Providence Hotel & Racket – 18:45

• Poppy’s Westside & Racket – 20:10

• Marinelli’s Fish Shop – (Don’t go in the back room! A random guy gets executed and Tattaglia start shooting at you) 20:40

• Holden Holdings – 21:35 (Take west side highway to Verona Warehouse)

Little Italy Revisited

• Verona Warehouse – Now you get to start shooting! :boomShoot the gate guards, open tommy gun on crates in entrance until explosion (there's explosive crates right behind the regular crates), once inside, immediately turn left and run into the warehouse, turn around and shoot the explosive crates in the room you just came from, then go upstairs to find the racketeer. After the takeover, let the guards kill you. You lose Tattaglia vengeance and are closer to the Chinaware Warehouse) – 25:40

• Chinaware Warehouse (let guards kill you again after the takeover, grab a fast car and head to Brooklyn) – 29:30

Brooklyn

(From here on out you can shoot as you see fit, just be careful not to kill the racketeers. I did it once myself. :p)

• Michaelangelo Salera – Pay off the police chief – 31:20

• The Ambassador – 32:05

• Midnight Rosie’s & Racket on roof – 33:30

• Global Trading Co. & Racket (Don't fire in this warehouse immediately! If you lock on as you walk in, you will kill the racketeer! :eek: – 34:20

• The Full Moon Parking Favor (Blow up Truck & car behind building) & Racket – 36:30

• Pitkin Garments – 37:00

• Valentino’s & Racket (Be Careful! Racketeer in the way of mobsters!) – 38:20 (Pay off additional cops if needed)

• St. Sebastian Hotel – 39:15

• Tattaglia Hub (Turn right, enter door on right, go upstairs and through the glass in front of you to find the racketeer, then let mobsters kill you) – 41:12

• Tattaglia Compound 1 (Don't die after this one, go straight for the second compound if you can) – 43:00

• Tattaglia Compound 2 (Don't worry about running out of the building. In fact, enjoy the bomb exploding in your face! ;) The achievement unlocks right after it explodes if you've done everything correctly.) - 47:56

Yeah! You finally got the Monopoly Achievement! :woop:

I hope you found this guide useful. I've been reading other peoples guides for years now, and I'm glad I could contribute back to xbox360achievements.org.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Damn, THANK YOU!! This thread should be "stickied," as far as I'm concerned (or, a moderator might copy the first post of this thread to the appropriate spot in the CC Achievement Guide, or even reference-link this thread from the "Monopoly" entry) -- first time I tried it using this method, I got the achievement (albeit, 13 minutes slower than the original poster's -- but hey, I'll take it!) ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

I corroborate the praise, this guide works. Most of it is common sense, but when time becomes an issue, it's good to have the list. The best thing about this guide is the location of the people you need to buy out to get the warehouses and hubs. Those are tricky enough without a time limit. (As it is, I finished with less than 5 minutes left, but hey, first try!)

• 7 months later...

Bump! Sticky This Please! This guide is awesome, after attempting this challenge many times and failing, I finally got it. If you follow this guide you'll have this achievement in just over 50 mins. I had more than enough time to do everything listed, and his passive strategy was key to just running through the whole thing. Thanks alot to the author!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i was fine till i got the china warehouse i was at like 28 mins when i entered it i go in there get to the guy with bout 31 on the clock im up to the guy presing y and i got shot dead at like the exact second so i had to redo all that and i didnt finish china till about 37 mins got to brooklyn about 40 and at 55 minutes i had nothing left but the compound. I take my car run by everything get out run to the door get in the basement of house 1 plant the bomb however got shot right after i planted the bomb repawn at the doctors at 58 minutes i tried getting that second building like 3 times! Died all 3 finally made it bombed the place 66:44... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Anyway the method is def good because ive never even got by 2 warehouses hubs with less than 50 on the clock so if i didnt get screwed at the china house prob would of made it. Ill def do it again cause im more cofident now, but damn getting about a minute over is REALLY annoying lol

WHOOOOO GOT IT this method is good just gotta pace yourself i got into the 2nd house at 62:17 put the bomb down and got killed with 5 sec left on the explosion so it didnt count. Ran my ass back down there drove the car all the way to the 2nd door, got out, went rambo style on the guys inside placed the bomb and it denoated at 64 minutes 37 seconds finally 1250 thank you very much for this method

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know if it has been posted yet or not, but since the "full health" cheat can only be used every 5 minutes or so, getting unwanted deaths might be a problem.

To avoid the 5 minute problem, I found out that you can simply pause the game for 5 minutes and then enter the cheat code; ta-dah, full health.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...