Settlement Savior Strategies

vayacondiosamigo

• 2 weeks later...

I tried several times with 2-4 people and failed. I eventually ended up soloing it and got to wave 43!

I used the HoneyChurch 4 Engineering core and sprint+ legs

As for my single weapon, I used the albert piercing sniper.

Dampen, collection pod, piercing sniper and shred MG were my 4 turrets.

My priority was to put a sniper turret on the right peninsula overlook in front of the blue base at the tip, and a damp/collection pod in the lower water area in between the turret and the middle enemy spawn. Then a machine gun turret behind the sniper turret to protect it. From there, I just slowly worked on putting sniper turrets in positions where they could pierce as many mobs as possible..and always protect them with a machine gun turret or two...and a damp field/collection pod up the lane a bit to assist the turrets. Focus on upgrading the machine guns first and foremost to ensure your laser turrets are protected from knobs and such...it hurts bad losing the sniper turrets....and I would say if you do lose one, you are pretty much hosed. After I had each lane covered by a sniper turret or two..with machine guns protecting..then I started upgrading the snipers. It is ok to lose damp pods (quite often) or even machine guns..they are fairly cheap to replace. They never seem to target collection pods, so those are safe anywhere. Just make sure you protect those sniper turrets at all costs...they rock hard and do the majority of the work for you past wave 15ish or so.

Past wave 22 or so..your sole job becomes running around trying to kill jacobs as fast as possible with your weapon so your turrets can kill everything else...and potentially helping with arty's/bertha.

By the time I hit wave 30, I was making money faster than I could practically spend it..and I must have had 10 or more fully upgraded sniper turrets everywhere. The vault droppers become a joke with 10+ upgraded sniper turrets on the field..they died within seconds.

I tried 3 times..and got past 30 on my third try. Prior to that, i would die in the high teens. Some of it has to do with the semi-randomness of the waves and what they decide to throw at you.

I never used the decoys at all..forgot all about em until wave 42 or so...at which point I popped them because I had only a sliver of health left on orange base.

I used Rabies' method and got the achievement! I played with a friend of mine, though, so there were two of us. The difficulty scales, but I figured with both of us being fairly good players this was the best bet. The beginning is the hardest -- once you get some sniper turrets set up, you'll be gaining tons of scrap and won't have to run all over the place, so don't worry if it feels like you're getting slaughtered at the start. By wave 15 our green base had only a sliver of health left, but we made it!

Here are some tips:

• Start with all shredder turrets. They're cheap, and at the beginning you need all the help you can get. More is better. Don't waste scrap on other stuff yet (maybe a collection pod after a few waves).
  • Put emplacements on top of "trees." I think you need to be on the lowest level for this to work (don't be on a peninsula). Knobs shouldn't be able to kill them this way, but watch for Burst Transmitters.
  • Build lots of sniper turrets once you start getting more scrap, and protect them from knobs with shredder turrets. Place some snipers at the end of the peninsulas, and up by the green decoy.
  • Focus all your fire on the Volt Dropper if you can! They do a lot of damage and ignore dampening generators, so you need to take them out as quickly as possible. Sniper turrets are what you need here, so I hope you've built a few by this point. When you fire at the Volt be sure to lead the target (aim a little in front of it when you fire).
  • Save the decoys for waves 25+ (as long as you can wait, basically).
  • Eventually build a repair crane somewhere in the middle, but not until you have plenty of scrap.
  • Turrets are dumb, so kill Jacobs first, as soon as you can.
  • If you're using the Albert sniper rifle, try to line up multiple enemies when you can because of the pierce ability. If Jacobs are protecting an enemy, shoot through the enemy to hit the Jacob(s); don't wait for a clear shot.

We made it to wave 42 with this method, and would have gotten further if we had tried. After we got the achievement we relaxed and mostly let the turrets do the work, so eventually some enemies slipped by.

i get to wave 21 solo and the jacobs are just too much. everything else is pretty much cake but there are just too many enemies with jacobs and i dont see them showing up when trying to hold something else back.

edit: got lucky enough to not get pounded at wave 21 and made it to wave 41. thanks for the tips! it does work great, you just need some lucky waves in there.

Edited by littlejay

I'm in to try this! But first off, where or when do I get the shredder turret??? I see everyone using that turret, and I'm high level myself and got all other achievements, but not this turret? How do I get it, if it is so essential??

first off, it is random loot. Just play the final boss until you get it. Secondly, it really helps gathering scrap faster. The other shred turret from hospital should work too if you do not have the super shred

• 3 weeks later...

Completed wave 100 last night. Solo'ed settlement, nothing like forgeting about being disconnected or lag when you are solo'ing the game! in terms of equipment i used honeychurch with double fiestas, and with piercing sniper, shred machine, collector, and dampener for enplacements, + sprint legs.

Strategy... Sniperturrets! Nothing but sniper turrets for the first 4 waves. then Dampener behind orange base near the trees, upgrade 3 times, then start building shredmachine gun turrets on the trees. then put collection pad to create scrap trap.

Next build snipers on the top cliff near the decoy overlooing middle spawn.

then build a dampener beneath the top (green base) spawn. Upgrade 3 times, then build sniper turrets everywhere and collection pads along the routes, upgrade to lvl 3.

Also, build dampeners on the trees beneath the central spawn. will slow all the big guys down.

go back to orange route, now build a row of machine gun turrets on the sides to the orange spawn.

this method should at least get you past 50. Got me to 100 tho :).

Oh yes, also i used the decoy near orange base at the end of wave 6, this will attract the arty on wave 7 to walk around the back of the aerial spawn so the sniper turrets can focus on the volt dropper while you take out the arty manually.

Edited by mwahaha dave69

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...