Opinions so far

diazt350

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked out the demo, and I gotta say the action had me pretty interested. The backstory had a nice feel and flow to it, and the visuals and concepts within the game are pretty interesting - especially with such beautiful scenery, graphics, and amazing looking characters. However, I was a bit concerned by the how the boss battles played out, an example being his projectile aim/functions. The fight against his mentor was pretty intense once you got yourself into it, but unfortunately I wasn't really able to actually participate as much as I would have liked in these battles. The whole QTE section has a Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 feel to it - which is obvious, considering it's source, but it doesn't seem as open in the boss battles as UNS2 was. Then again, we were only shown a preview of the boss battles - a work that was still in progress at the time that the demo was made. I think that this game has potential - wonderful potential in fact, but only for those who are truly willing to give this somewhat new form of gameplay a chance and enjoy it as it goes along, rather than simply comparing it to other games that have QTEs. Personally I just hope that they didn't take that entire episodes concept too seriously and made a majority of the game feel as if you're just slightly involved in the game while treating your controller like it's a part-time TV remote. That would be a pretty unfortunate outcome for those who are first day buyers/pre-order buyers. Aside from that, I say bring on the rage, and make him a special character in Street Fighter x Tekken!!!

So, I know people will probably whine about the QTEs. But I actually found them to be rather fulfilling. They weren't pointless, like most. The way Asura moves with the command prompts actually makes sense, and the mashing sequences actually required rhythm, not just speed. The intensity of some of the commands was just crazy.

This game is just a whole 'nother level of insanity that goes above and beyond even "Bayonetta". I really don't think there is anything like this in the gaming world right now. Unless you can fight planet-sized bosses in other games. In which case, point me in the direction.

Also, here is a pretty good article for people who still say 'boo'.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1217484p1.html

Test the demo yesterday and it´s pretty fun. I don´t like the anime/manga schemes, plots, characters or anything, but this game made laugh so hard I may even ended up getting it.

Gameplay doesn´t seems to be too deep, at lest what is show in the demo, and it´s not clear which can of game it is regarding the playable parts, but if the demo is a current demonstration of the whole game, I´m please.

I love the "my character is stronger than any other character you have ever meet" scenario they seems to want for Asura. He´s piss off about something, giant monster come to kill him, he gets more piss off and beats the enemy, then enemy turn out to become a more giant version of himself and beats Asura, but he gets a flashback of his daughter and gets even more piss off till he become a nuclear pooping device of massive destruction screaming nonsenses in Japanese. How can anyone not love it? Is so Dragonball parody that I love it.

Bayonetta was fine, but it was too much Devil May Cry meets God of War (funny since God of War kinda of start as an occidental version of the Devil May Cry formula), and the constant feeling that they were trying to make me think Bayonetta was sexy when she wasn´t get me to ended up hatting the character, is just one of those cold and ironic overconfident action woman typical in animes that I never believe. Asura is just so crazy I don´t have to give a damn, just have fun with the uber-destructive consequences of massive quick time events, which I must say, are the finest I had fun thanks to their variety and the fact that they are all play in cinematic modes.

The game will not be a classic or a must have, of that I´m certain, but at least I can have a blast of a time, something where the actual industry fails sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I've watched all the trailers and played the demo 5+ times each...and not ONCE has it failed to make me literally lol.

I don't care if I put the game in, hit Start, and the game plays itself from start to finish. It's fucking hysterical....and will probably be my most enjoyable experience outside of ME3 this year. Goty? No way, I'm not crazy. It'll be a mediocre game at best. But god I'll laugh my ass off the whole way through.

Come on Tuesday!!!!!

I don't like the demo. For lack of a better game to compare it to I'll have to compare it to Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2's boss battles.

Basically this game lacks the flow that the boss battles of UNS2 have since they pretty much play the same. The game is okay though but I'd probably not buy it.

:p That's probably because they're made by the same company. Good old CyberConnect 2. Since I'm not a Naruto/fighting game fan....I haven't played anything from them since the last .hack. Glad to see a game from the company that I can throw my support behind :D

Got my hand on this game this morning , i've played the demo and got totally hooked on it for the crazyness and complete Japanese feeling that come with this game.

I have to say that after a bunch of episodes completed , it is a really great game, it is just like watching an anime with a bunch of interactive cutscenes qte and action beat em all stages where you get to feel the rage.

It is in fact a bit short for what you pay if you intend to only play it once but since we're on an achievements forum this might make senses that you will get the most out of your money with this game since you have to replay the game a couple of times.

This game is all about artworks and style , the story is fine , the voice actings are very good from both side english and japanese + the characters are completely japanese crazy which is a very must for anime game.

Totally satisfied with it so far :)

I played up to Episode 6~ and I am still not 100% sure what to think about this title. The battles are awesome and i love the qte-action. But the last Fight was kinda hard (normal diff.) so im sure the "Easy Diff" is really a suggestion to young/not-talented/or-what-ever - Gamer.

But i had plenty of fun till now and im definitly will play through the whole game.

This game is way over the top. Its the same excitement I got when I played Bayonetta.

Only one complaint though, wish they could have put more dough in their audio engineering. The sound just lacks oomph. A good example of great sound that goes with the game would be Darkness II.