PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Alan Wake > The Writer
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-04-2011, 07:46 PM   #91
Thicketford

Thicketford's Gamercard
You're all going to hate me for this...

I got it on my first playthrough.

I came close to dying on the final battle, but managed to pull through.
Thicketford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:11 AM   #92
THE D ZASTA

CHERRY CHEERIOS's Gamercard
Took me about 7 tries I had alot of flairs so at the last fight when I was low on health I would stand still holding a flair like a statue to regain health.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:51 AM   #93
xXSerialXx

IXSerialKillaXI's Gamercard
got it finally yesterday on my 10th try lol

never died in combat. always felt down.
xXSerialXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:45 PM   #94
Zombiedrd

Zombiedrd's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I have no problem with the platormer parts. I keep getting overwhelmed at the rotating lighthouse part. This is really damn hard. Just failed my 39th attempt. I am about ready to just return to game. This is ridiculous.
200,000-?

Last edited by Zombiedrd; 02-11-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Zombiedrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:34 AM   #95
NorthernZoot

NorthernZoot's Gamercard
Took me 2 true attempts...
I died early on on the rotating cabin trying to get the game. So during that play through I didn't bother going for it.

The second play through, I died once (also at the cabin) and started again.

The third play through, I got it without any problems at all. Once I get passed that cabin it almost seems too easy the second time through. You know where to go, where you don't need to go (because you don't need collectibles) and you know when you can simply run to a safe haven or checkpoint. And since I got all the other achievements in the first play through, I didn't have to worry about shooting enemies during the lighthouse scene.

I have to say, I was expecting a bigger fight at the end of the game, but I guess I was playing it on Normal mode.

NorthernZoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:26 AM   #96
DreamDevice
Banned User

End 0f Dreamz's Gamercard
How is this a pain in the ass? I accidently did it first play through, furthermore whats with all these random fucking people saying they missed the poision achieve because they skipped the sequence. Are you fucking kidding me? Who plays a game and skips shit the first time through? Can't stand ignorant people like that.

/rant
DreamDevice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #97
cheeky 315

cheeky 315's Gamercard
I only ever die by falling never by the taken

this is last achievement i need and imo run-on sentance and no punctuation are the hardest achievements of the entire game

about to start 3rd attempt now

right had a few more attempts and apart from the platforming it is not hard. Jumping is a nightmare, and that and that alone is what makes this achievement a hell of a lot tougher than Run-on sentance imo

i have never died in battle just from falling

Max Payne 3 (rank)
black ops (Moon easter egg)
Black ops II (tower of babel and all DLC)
F.E.A.R 3 (insane coop and contractions)

Last edited by cheeky 315; 03-08-2011 at 10:21 PM.
cheeky 315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:02 PM   #98
GamBeaT

xGamBeaTx's Gamercard
Mostly by falling down, usualy at the end of bridge where there is this small tree you walk on. Today passed it and what ? first Taken battle and i forgot about one from behind, so died there :/
GamBeaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:57 AM   #99
Mellow Tha Pro

Mellow Tha Pro's Gamercard
am i the only one who has figured out that some chievos aren't worth the hassle. to me these kinds of chievos almost ruin the experience of playing a game. would u even try to make it through a game without dying if there wasn't a chievo involved??? didn't think so.
Mellow Tha Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:35 PM   #100
Ragnarok1986

Ragnarok1986's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Done it my best advice for the jumping point is the bus and he beds worked a treat =]

Follow me on Twitter
Ragnarok1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:59 PM   #101
cutchinz

cutchin43's Gamercard
The only hard part for me was the Taken battle where you had to light up all those words and make barrels roll down. It still got me like 6 times though. Oh well at least I have the achievement now
Old 07-18-2011, 12:30 AM   #102
Joel78

joel78's Gamercard
I still haven't done it, only tried a few times, last time I got pushed off the bridge.
For the barrel part I found it quite easy, I didn't even make the barrels roll. If you walk pretty much straight forward there is a short cliff, just on the left is a tree, if you fall down next to the tree you won't die. There will then be a lot of Taken, just pop a flair and run to the fallen tree and walk up there. It's quite easy.
Joel78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:08 AM   #103
mtowny

tell me about it took me 3 goes to get it and tht only because the games glitch me i mean when u jump foward and u go left wots tht about
mtowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:59 PM   #104
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I really can't understand how people had hard times with the combat in this DLC. I was nervous about the platform sections cause it can be awkward at times, but I did No Punctuation on my first attempt (not counting my first playthrough to get the rest of the achievements). You get 20 flares like 1/5 of the way into this episode. There's no reason to be overwhelmed by enemies at any point. You have a ton of flares for protection. My No Punctuation playthrough I used 10 flares at the final fight because I didn't want to risk dying, and I still finished the episode with 2 flares to spare.
Necrophage33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:05 PM   #105
Jesuit007

Saitta's Gamercard
I think the majority of the people do fine with the combat, but die a lot at the Tornado or spinning wheel. I died about 5 times at the tornado just figuring out how the jumps work. I also died about 5 times at the first spinning house before the tornado, just figuring out how the timing goes.

The issue I have with this achievement is that it is nothing like the rest of the game. It's an exercise in platforming and physics more than anything else, and Alan Wake is NOT that kind of game. It just doesn't mesh. It would be like the Ninja Gaiden 2 DLC featuring a castle upgrade achievement or social interaction achievement. It just doesn't fit. It's not impossible, it's just silly and stupid given the context of the game.

However, I will say that I seriously doubt anyone who takes their time, is meticulous and careful, and thinks about what they were doing will die more than a couple of times on this DLC.... excluding the jumps. That to me is a poorly designed achievement.

Arcade Complete - 9
Jesuit007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:05 AM   #106
codsucker

codsucker's Gamercard
I died on my first three attempts because I had seen the Night Springs video game collectible guide before I attempted No Punctuation, and I kept trying to climb out of, on, and around the outside (roof, etc.) of the cabin. Suddenly, I had a "duh!" moment, and stayed inside until the cabin had completely spun around and it was safe to exit and land on the next path. Also, beware of the tornado taking the wooden part of the next path out from under your feet. It happens almost immediately after you exit the cabin, and if you are in mid-sprint, you will die! Other than these stupid mistakes, it is an easy 50GS. I hope this helps someone who needs a "duh!" kind of moment like I did, lol.
codsucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:25 AM   #107
zarda1

Zarda1's Gamercard
the only time i die is when alan turns and walks off the edge of something this is a joke and once again in the need to add hours of play time to something that wasn't worth the price in the first place ruins the entire game. i made it through nightmare mode and die maybe twice because i hurried, its not like im missing the jump he just turns and falls. may as well add some bs multiplayer mode.
zarda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:13 AM   #108
Marvolo

marvolo riddle's Gamercard
Sorry, but "No Punctuation" on Normal should be no problem, when you've beaten the main game on Nightmare and I'm not even close to a "pro" or "hardcore" gamer...

I did this on my second real try and it's important that you just have to concentrate only on this achievement. Do everything else on a seperate run.
It's much easier than the "Signal"-Achievo, because when fighting Takens you have much more space to move and there are no such crapy passages like the "Monster Trucks" or the flying books and so one....

The Tornado section is, if you take your time, quite easy... don't hurry, stay calm, kill the taken on the first path, and that's it.

Like I already said: Did it on my second try, because on the first try I felt off the bridge, was my own stupid fault.

Completed:

1000+:
Alan Wake (1500), L.A. Noire (1400)

1000:

Lego Harry Potter - Year 1 - 4, Alice: Madness returns, SAW, WWE All-Stars, Open Season, Avatar, SvR 2011, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Lego Indiana Jones, SvR 2009, WWE Legends of Wrestlemania, Lost: Via Domus

XBLA:

Doritio's Crash Course, Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, The Secret of Monkey Island, Harm's Way

WP7:

Butterfly, Assassins Creed HD
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:20 AM   #109
cptmorgemaker

cpt morge maker's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
This achievement should pose no threat. It was cake I had 14 flares left over I used spareingly but still. It was by far much easier then the first DLC. Awsome game and DLC though. Member just drop a flare when in danger otherwise back track and take the guys out cake. Go slow on ur jumps the humping parts ofr me posed no threat just let everything get as close to the rocks and paths as u can and start a lil back so he do's a short run into the jump

cptmorgemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:45 PM   #110
Fester

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptmorgemaker View Post
Member just drop a flare when in danger
Watch out for the birds. Really, No Punctuation, not too bad. The maze was fun. Like a big wheel.

Last edited by Fester; 10-03-2011 at 09:08 PM. Reason: hamster
Fester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:18 PM   #111
chrisk62

QPRs No1 Fan's Gamercard
This achievement doesn't seem too hard but i'm still messing up . I keep dying in that rotating cabin thing (the large big-wheel one after the tornado). I keep going through the doors at the wrong time and falling too far down to my death. This is the only achievement i need for the full 1500G so I don't care if it takes me 200 attempts, i will get it eventually

Edit: Ok, on my next attempt i did it. It's really quite straightforward, just a few of the jumps can be a little scary but my advice is to just take your time with your jumps.

Last edited by chrisk62; 12-22-2011 at 12:51 AM.
chrisk62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:51 AM   #112
droppy84

dropsis84's Gamercard
Took me three tries. Not even once I fell off the cliff.
First time got killed on the bridge, second time I was one Barry short of achievement. 3rd time finished w/o problems.
For those who can't get through this, just take it real slow in areas where you can fall off the cliffs and now the places where you can run to safe haven.
Save some extra flares for final battle, they will come in handy.

Currently boosting FIFA11. Send me a message if you want to work on it together.
droppy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #113
LolipopGuild

Earthbound Cory's Gamercard
I completed it on my second try. I'd say it was more difficult than the first DLC, but not really all that difficult. You just have to make sure to take your time during some sections.

-During the first battle, just light all of the fireworks and they should stay on during the entire battle. All of the enemies should be one-two shots with the shotgun (you really have no need not to use the shotguns, as there aren't that many enemies).

-The tornado section can be tricky. Try to jump on the largest platforms to give yourself the best chance. Don't jump off until you know you're going to make it. Kill the one big taken after the checkpoint and you shouldn't feel rushed.

-The rotating wheel was tricky for me at first, but now it's REALLY easy. Do not go through the next door until it looks like a normal doorway that you can walk through. You won't die from falling damage this way. You will feel a little impatient because it doesn't rotate as fast as you'd expect, but trust me, this works a lot easier than risking the falling damage.

-The sewer area (right after you can pick up the 20 flares) can be tricky as they come from all of your sides. What I did was light a flare when the first enemy almost hit me and then I ran for the checkpoint. None of the enemies chase you then.

-The part with the barrels that drop (after you light up the words) isn't too difficult if you only light up the words when the enemies are there. It's best to be patient and kill all of the enemies because it's an uneven hill and it's difficult to maneuver around if you are trying to run to the next checkpoint.

-The part with all of the "clear" words is probably the most difficult. The main key here is to not be stingy with your flares. There is only the final battle after this (and you can make it through easily with 6-7 flares), so you should be constantly using your flares (or as much as you can to ensure you have 6-7 for the final fight) and lighting the "clear" and just running ahead. Don't focus too much on trying to shoot any enemies, because there are really too many for you to kill safely. Flares, flares, flares. That's the only tip.

-The final fight, I never had any difficulty with. Use a rifle (2 shots per enemy when they have no more darkness on them). They don't seem to run around as much as the fast taken did on the regular game. Drop a flare when they get close and shine your light on them. It should take the darkness off pretty fast. You may have difficult with the Anderson brothers, but it works better if you focus on one enemy at a time, just so you get him out of the way.

It doesn't hurt for you to go ahead and go to the "special area" with the giant typewriter, if only to get the flare gun and a couple other supplies. I didn't really need to use them, but it's there as a bodyguard.

Other than that, I can't help you. Just remember to be patient during the platforming parts and to be quick and flare-heavy during the other parts. Good luck.
LolipopGuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:56 AM   #114
xMinnesoja 612x

xMinnesoja 612x's Gamercard
Made it all the way to the 3rd life of Barry on the final battle, bloody birds!!
xMinnesoja 612x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:11 AM   #115
sucker

Has anyone tried to get this ACH when playing Nightmare? Hehe, guess no one dares
sucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:18 PM   #116
luis207

luis207's Gamercard
I have no idea how people thought this was hard, I got in on my second try. People need to learn to not rush everything and imo it was easier than signal.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:52 PM   #117
Warpath Lord

Warpath Lord's Gamercard
I've found it to be really annoying. Needed about 5 or 6 tries and almost got killed by the crows in the final battle. Awfuly achievement.
Warpath Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:11 AM   #118
MeltingBalloons

MeltingBalloons's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Tyger7   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Almost had this one the other day; I got right up to the big "Crumble" bridge, and got pushed through one of the gaps by one of the huge Taken that charge at you. This is my last achievement for both the DLCs, better keep trying I guess

Currently Working On (Arcade):

Upcoming Games: Sniper Elite V2

Last Completion: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Join The Fun

Thanks to Gackt for the terrific sig and avatar!
MeltingBalloons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:29 AM   #119
Vic2Point0

Vic 2point0's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantViper View Post
I found it easier.

Run On Sentence took me 5 tries.
No Punctuation took me 1 try.
Same here. The part with the tornado is nerve-racking, but I didn't find it HARD per se.

The Writer > The Signal, IMO. No contest.
Vic2Point0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:28 PM   #120
Qu33n Embla

Qu33n Embla's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I got this on my second try, but I had luck because I almost died when trying to reach the Lighthouse. I still have this one left in the Signal dlc, and from what I can remember, that one felt harder to go for.