Whey Protein.

Mr360xX

Yes I use it and yes it works.

Don't go thinking that drinking this you will get muscles alone because It wont unfortunately.

You need a good workout routine and a good diet. ( I know it's what everyone says, but that's because it is true!)

How much protein you will need a day is different for everyone to build muscle. Everyone has got a different bodyweight and fat percentage etc etc

I personally have 2 a day, one at breakfast with my oats and one straight after my workout.

Anyway's just incase I've lost you and you're thinking what the hell is this guy talking about?? I've put a link in, it's a good site, it will have all the information you need, scroll through the forums look at and read what you wish can't even explain how much is on there.

http://www.uk-muscle.co.uk This will sort you out, hope it helps :D

I use it works brilliant, i also use creatine as well and a pre workout drink. That being said I'd look around for something which benefits you, as what benefits me doesn't really seem to work for one of my friends whereas my other friend thinks it works fine. I've been having one a day although I'm thinking of switching to two a day to give myself that extra bit of protein.

I would advise making sure you have a good workout and a good diet before you start buying protein etc. Protien can be really helpfull providing you have a good workout plan, good diet and get good sleep. You can't expect it to do everything (sorry some people do). That being said you need to look at what protein powder you want I'd say after a workout you want about 40-50g's of protein which would maximise effect. I myself have roughly 44g's after a workout and It works fine for me i also mix in my creatine as well.

If you wish to take creatine as well i would suggest looking around as some require you to do a loading phase others don't. If your living in the uk bodybuilding warehouse is a good site for cheap protein etc. If you have any other questions or anything feel free to message me.

Edit:ALso if your serious about using protein you may wish to take some casien protein right before bed this will maximise results the being said you could just have a few glasses of low fat milk before bed to achieve a simliar effect.

Edited by Juksey

Guest Scotty

ive been using it for over 5 years now and it is useful, but dont start getting hyped over it, its not steroids and is only there to supplement a healthy diet and solid workout routine and will only work with time and dedication. with protein you're looking to consume roughly 1g per pound of bodyweight. also realise that whey protein is a specific type of protein and there are lots of others. the linked website above is a good starting point.

Get a small jug of it first to test out how you like it.. I can't stomach Whey protein.. It makes me sick and tastes too bland.. I was an amatuer bodybuilder for a few years and after workouts (if I didn't spend $5 on a protein drink made at the gym) I would drink Muscle Milk Lite (the regular kind was higher in grams of fat)... Tasted awesome... It will definitely help you gain some size, but you will need to take other supplements if you are looking for major gains.

I use it twice a day combined with my cardio/weight routines...but like some other folks said, you need that work out / diet routine ....i am getting good results from it, but it is a lifestyle change...commitment is important...if you use it on/off it doesn't work in my opinion.

• 1 month later...
Yes I use it and yes it works.

Don't go thinking that drinking this you will get muscles alone because It wont unfortunately.

You need a good workout routine and a good diet. ( I know it's what everyone says, but that's because it is true!)

This^. Keep in mind though drinking it and not working out isn't necessarily bad, but won't help in the way it's meant to. I use to carry a small bottle of it with me during high-school, and mix a tablespoon in with my milk everyday. They offered hot lunch and subway type sandwiches, so naturally I ate a healthy lunch, as I had weight training sometime in the morning and football practice after school.

Edited by 13ip0lar

Wait, I want to try out Whey Protein too, but I've read that it helps with WEIGHT LOSS!? WTF? I don't want that, I WANT to GAIN weight, not lose! Anyone? I'm trying to go for 120G of protein for two weeks, daily.

You'll lose weight drinking a protein shake if you're not eating much during the day, and for some ppl, one protein shake can keep them full for the rest of the day even. Whey protein is for weight lifting or for ppl that don't get enough protein in their daily diet. Also for ppl that want 30g of protein without consuming a lot of calories, which can be done by just adding water to your shake. If you're trying to gain weight you need to lift weights and increase your daily calorie intake. Google how much daily protein your body needs, and if you don't get enough from food than whey protein is good. Since you want to gain weight and add muscle, i suggest drinking a whey protein shake right after your workout, within 30 minutes. Also add things to it, like bannanas, strawberrys, milk, etc.

So yeah, drinking whey protein can't make you loose weight unless that's the only thing you consume during the day or go below your daily calorie need. O and also don't just drink protein shakes, too much protein without some carbs can fuck you up, even if you're trying to loose weight.

Why most weight lifter drink Whey Protein? Because regular protein that you get from food needs to be broken down first and protein from the shake helps your muscle recover right away, which is the reason drinking a shake right after a intense workout is the best thing. Eating your protein from food is best done an hour before working out, mainly just for energy so you can lift heavier. More muscle=less fat. muscle burns fat. So lift heavy and don't worry about lean muscle, unless you're a chick.

Im probably going to get trolled for this but tbh protein shakes do NOTHING.

iv been working out for a few years now and used to take them, but if you actually do some research into them, you'll find that the type of protein used is seriously not good for you. It gets digested too quickly and can cause kidney damage if you take too much. Also it will make you gain weight, more specifically, fat. Because of the type of protein they use it can't be digested properly which is what makes it dangerous.

As for what it does, iv noticed more gains when i havent been using it than when i have. Though i will say it seems to make you ache less after a workout.

So yeah, try 6 months on and 6 months off and see what you think, but i personally wouldnt recommend them.

Whey is great if you are doing heavy lifting (bodybuilding, weight training or powerlifting). Basically its a fast absorbing protein source that is great for post workout shakes.

Always buy bulk and get the whey isolate (pretty much pure protein), forget about the mass gainers etc since they usually are packed with sugars and other nasty unhelpful things.

25-50g is a good amount mixed with water or milk (skimmed milk means more protein when bulking water makes it easier to control calories if you are cutting).

Protein shakes ARE useful but only as a supplement to a good diet. If you eat junk and don't watch your ratio protein/fat/carbs depending on your goals. You need around 1g protein per pound of bodyweight and depending on how you train sufficient calories to surpass your maintenance intake (again this depends on how much you weigh, your body fat % etc etc but 3-4000kcal a day is about normal for mass building) and you need to eat clean.

My boyfriend lifts weights, he eats 6 small meals a day, counts the protein in everything he eat and he uses whey as it should be used, as a way of just upping the amount of calories he eats a day. It doesn't work miracles, but it does help you in the hard toil of training and eating.

Hope that helped a bit.

I do use it. Oh, man.. after an intense workout when you're feeling soo drained and your arms are feeling like lead weights, a protein drink makes it feel so much better.

After a workout, your body is open to accepting nutrients. That is the best time to supply them. Don't eat anything that's considered unhealthy but a protein shake or recovery formula or an energy bar works great.