Fizzmatix

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Good guide, thanks you.

I just have one question:

I'm playing on normal and I'm on Fontaine Futuristics will I come across at least 1 more Brute Splicer? I need less than a sliver to finish the research on him.

Thanks

Edit: I got the achievement!!!

this is my question to as i am in the same boat i see you got achievement so i asume that the eltie brute on the last level will do it for me !

• 1 month later...

you may want to mention that there are no more Big Daddys after Fontaine Futures (level 7) - thats on easy. I realise this when i that was the last thing i had to research and couldn't see anything more in the guide for rest of level 9.

I had to reload a level 7 save and kill some more BDs there to get it, luckily then only had BSis and security to go, and level 8 is quite quick so got it 1/3 of the way through level 9 (security was the hardest one)

One thing to add: it is possible to get research to count from Brutes with Elite Brutes. I didn't have enoguh research and it worked to get to level four. So reaserhing Elite Brutes work also which are in Persephone.

One Question: I had full research complete for all EXCEPT the Big Sister. So on my next playthrough do I have to do it all over again or can I just reaarch the Big Sister and it will rememeber that I already researched the others like in the first Bioshock...?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fantastic guide, good thing I read this before I started Pauper's Drop.

For anybody who is struggling for researching harder to find enemies, like brutes and big daddies, there is a really easy way to get tons of research done really fast.. USE TURRETS AND BOTS! I used 4 mini-turrets, two bots and a normal turret and I got 1570 research points from a brute, about 1200 from a security bot, and around 900-1000 each for 4 spider splicers just by sitting there and freezing them while the bots attacked. Hope that helps!

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like I need to spend some quality time roaming Fontaine Futuristics. It looks like this is my last chance to finish up Big Daddies and Security. Luckily I have Houdini splicers done. I can spend some time around a hacked security camera and just video flying bots that come after splicers. I don't even have to fire a shot. :-D

• 2 weeks later...
There's not. I'm in the same boat of needing 1 maybe 2 more brute's for research and haven't seen one since the level with the priest dude...

I'm hoping there is at least one in the final few levels.

Edit: There are plenty in the final few levels but none in Fontaine Futuristics.

same here. it says that there is elite brutes but are they the same as normal ones?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
hi thanks any body wants to get achevments for online games an bioshock2

my gamer tag is belalakill all lower caps,i have a bunch of games ok,peace

While I get the desperation for BS MP achievements, there are already several other threads dedicated to this. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

On the subject of research, I comitted the cardinal sin of leaving Pauper's Drop before finishing my Thuggish Slicer research, I know some people have said that they sometimes turn up in the next level but most people say otherwise, so therefore I am facing a second playthrough now just for the research achievement.

My question is this....and I know it is a long shot...I read that the Minerva's Den DLC has Thuggish Slicers in it, I don't suppose that the research would carry over would it? I only ask as I haven't seen any of the DLC yet and I intend to get it anyway but was just curious, as I said I know it is a long shot.

On the subject of research, I comitted the cardinal sin of leaving Pauper's Drop before finishing my Thuggish Slicer research, I know some people have said that they sometimes turn up in the next level but most people say otherwise, so therefore I am facing a second playthrough now just for the research achievement.

My question is this....and I know it is a long shot...I read that the Minerva's Den DLC has Thuggish Slicers in it, I don't suppose that the research would carry over would it? I only ask as I haven't seen any of the DLC yet and I intend to get it anyway but was just curious, as I said I know it is a long shot.

No, Minerva's Den is completely different from the main story. You can't do research in the DLC anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...