Unique armor?

T3z

has anyone found a really cool unique armor yet? i know smithing and enchanting is pretty awesome, and makes you wanna make your own shit, but is there anything potentially better out there in the mountains and dungeons? anyone found anything?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=342496

Read the FAQ mate, this part in particular

Where can I find rare/enchanted items? Everywhere! There are too many to list here, but there is one easy exploit I discovered to get rare items to spawn. When Fighting a Dragon, Make a save just before it loses the last of it's health. It is very IMPORTANT that you save BEFORE the dragon dies or the exploit won't work. Once the Dragon is dead, loot it's corpse. No rare items? Nothing that interests you? No problem! Just reload your save, deal the final blow on the dragon again, then loot his corpse again. If the exploit was done correctly, The items spawned inside the Dragon Corpse will be different. Not sure if it works for all Dragons, I was using a Blood Dragon and found some enchanted armor and weapons.

has anyone found a really cool unique armor yet? i know smithing and enchanting is pretty awesome, and makes you wanna make your own shit, but is there anything potentially better out there in the mountains and dungeons? anyone found anything?

There is absolutely nothing potentially better out there than making your own stuff, in my opinion. I'm basically untouchable in my self-made armor and can kill a dragon with my self-made dagger in about fifteen seconds should one be stupid enough to land near me.

There is absolutely nothing potentially better out there than making your own stuff, in my opinion. I'm basically untouchable in my self-made armor and can kill a dragon with my self-made dagger in about fifteen seconds should one be stupid enough to land near me.

Can you tell me how, I'm new to this game and find it very difficult to make stuff, understand magic and stuff.

What kind of armor and dagger have you made?

Can you tell me how, I'm new to this game and find it very difficult to make stuff, understand magic and stuff.

What kind of armor and dagger have you made?

Mad props go to Asdfen in his post about power leveling and achieving some of the best custom made armor in the game. Basically his strategy taken to the extreme (which I did) involves getting black smithing up to glass and enchanting to 100, along with alchemy strong enough to make some +smithing +enchanting potions. Just doing some of the steps could allow you to make very, very good armor that would rival anything in the game, but everything combined creates just god-like armor.

My method, using much of the advice of Asdfen, was to basically create two sets of armor. The first set I made was +alchemy Helmet/Bracers/Necklace/Ring. Using Grand Soul Gems and a +enchanting potion used right before enchanting the armor you can get a suit of armor than when worn will allow your created potions to be about +110% stronger. When combined with the alchemy perks that give +100% you now are making some incredibly powerful potions.

As stated, this process was quite time consuming, but when I tell you the stats of my armor I think you'll see why. :)

So you are making sick +200% potions, now make +enchanting +smithing potions. As Asdfen did, I chose to make glass armor dual enchanted (always remembering to use my very strong +enchanting potions, made while wearing my +alchemy suit of armor) with x4 -25% Casting Cost for Restoration/Destruction Spells (so all of those spells are free to cast) + One-handed attacks do 47% more damage x 2, bows do 47% damage, and Increase Stam by 72 points. Then all that freshly dual enchanted armor was taking to a grind stone where I slurped down a +125% smithing potion while wearing my +about 110% smithing armor giving me about 235% +smithing and then upgraded all of my glass items. This alone gave me very powerful armor, but putting perks into Light Armor has unleashed some truely amazing stuff.

Stats as follows (Like the custom-named set I created?):

God's Armor of Unlimited Death - Armor: 510 Value: 6207

God's Boots of Unlimited Death - Armor 222 Value: 3132

God's Gloves of Unlimited Death - Armor 222 Value 3920

God's Helmet of Unlimited Death - Armor 243 Value 3957

God's Dagger of Unlimited Death - Damage 102 - Absorb 23 points of health. Does 43 points of Magicka damage (also, this could be upgraded to 40% stronger with perks in one-handed.

In summary, I would say making a good +smithing potion with maybe one set of +smithing armor or something and upgrading any kind of glass/dragon/ebony/whatever armor should be enough to give you some really, really good armor, but taking it to the next level makes this game ridiculous. Some would argue that it's just easy mode stupid now, but I'm thoroughly enjoying never running out of mana, killing dragons with my dagger, and basically being an unkillable bad-ass scourge of the land!

Edited by SteakSalad

I have just made the dragon armor, its cool but I wanna take it one step further and enchant the hell out of it. I wish there were dragon weapons.. not just armor. It looks awesome though.

To max my smithing skill I just bought hides and made leather, also bought leather and strips from any blacksmith, then crafted leather bracers more than anything, its cheap, easy and quick. Im level 35 and maxxed my smithing.