Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Shiftie

Thanks for the guide. Helped me a lot. The "Ghost" and the "Clean Hands" achievements are maybe not unlocking for some people because they have killed the Weepers in the sewers that you have to investigate in the town between the mission with Overseer Campbell and the Golden Cat. That is definitely what happened to me. My second playthrough was with no alarms and no kills exept for the assassins in the prologue and the Weepers in the sewers. This two achievements were the only ones that didn´t unlock. Then I started my third playthrough right away, just parried the assassins and sleep bolted the Weepers in the sewers and finally got my last 2 achievements.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back Home - Not sure if this is a little glitchy or is has to bee done in a certain way.

I was trying this yesterday, and it took me a while, but I finally done it for it to not unlock. Now I threw the grenade and it blew up behind the enemy killing him. After some more attempts, I did the same thing again, yet no achievement.

Finally, I got a direct hit, his was blown into pieces and the achievement unlocks. So, I think an edit should maybe be put in that this achievement can be a little temperamental or it's got to be a direct hit for it to count.

Because out of 3 goes, 2 were indirect and one was direct and I got the achievements on the direct hit one.

If I'm doing my Clean Hands playthrough, will I also get the Ghost achievement? I was wondering just based on the achievement's wording. Ghost says you cannot alert or kill anyone BUT THE KEY TARGETS. I of course haven't killed anyone due to the Clean Hands attempt.

Does this mean after Clean Hands I have to go back through and assassinate all the key targets, or am I reading too much into the achievement?

If I'm doing my Clean Hands playthrough, will I also get the Ghost achievement? I was wondering just based on the achievement's wording. Ghost says you cannot alert or kill anyone BUT THE KEY TARGETS. I of course haven't killed anyone due to the Clean Hands attempt.

Does this mean after Clean Hands I have to go back through and assassinate all the key targets, or am I reading too much into the achievement?

Reading too much into it. All of the key targets can be taken out via nonlethal methods, and Ghost isn't implying that you have to kill anyone, just stating that you CAN kill the key targets if you want to..which is kind of silly considering you get a bonus (Clean Hands) achievement for not killing them, or anyone else.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2037/5-5jhH0=.jpgStreet Conspiracy - 10:gsicon:

You completed all the Slackjaw side missions

*Final Steps*In mission 7 you will come across a strange scenario..Granny has taken Slackjaw Hostage.

Slackjaw: In this choice, you can simply run up the staircase behind Granny and enter her bedroom (note: a painting over her bed). Grab the item off of her bed by pressing :xbut:, then turn to the furnace and open it up and tap :xbut: again to place the item in the fire. Close the door and then run back into the main room with Slackjaw to fight Granny and a bunch of rats. Simply stay on the platform Slackjaw is on and shoot her with either weapon until she dies. Then free Slackjaw and the achievement will pop.

Oh crap! My achievement won't unlock.

Slackjaw is standing next to his chains smoking his cigar after having given me a bunch of money for freeing him, but MY ACHIEVEMENT WON'T UNLOCK.

I've tried a few times already.

(I did Granny's mission before this when I cooked him in the tub, and hers unlocked just fine.)

So what do you guys think of that?

UPDATE: I replayed the whole damn campaign for this one lousy 10G achievement.

DISHONORED 1000/1000G, Oct 30 2012

Edited by E vee dub

Ok, I've released SlackJaw from his shackles several times now.

I've even completed the stage.

I've even restarted the level and saved him.

I've even restarted my console and saved him again.

THE "STREET CONSPIRACY" ACHIEVEMENT WILL NOT UNLOCK.

Is there something different?

I come into the area and GrannyRags has SJ chained up and she's gonna kill him and cook him in a tub.

I place the cameo in the furnace, burn it, kill her and I release SJ.

He stands up, smokes his cigar and rewards me with money.

NO ACHIEVEMENT. (I tell ya... it's a "conspiracy")

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by E vee dub

Ok I just watched this guy unlock this achievement in this video.

I did exactly what he did, and mine will not unlock.

It unlocks for him at the 4:10 mark of the video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkSeppLUDNo]Dishonored - Street Conspiracy & Gentleman Caller Achievement/Trophy Guide W/Commentary - YouTube[/ame]

Freaking sucks for me !!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if I missed a side mission for SlackJaw earlier, but the guides say the area wouldn't be available if I hadn't already done them all.

Edited by E vee dub

I know we're on the x360achievements and all, but that's just sad man. Really, played the whole game to get that achievement?

I'n don't care about expressions like "get a life" or something, but seriously, you don't have any other hobbies? Go out or something?

• 4 weeks later...
I know we're on the x360achievements and all, but that's just sad man. Really, played the whole game to get that achievement?

I'n don't care about expressions like "get a life" or something, but seriously, you don't have any other hobbies? Go out or something?

It's not a very long game if that's all you need.

Posts like this are super obnoxious. It is a website for achievement enthusiasts. Good on him.

The temporary home for the DLC guide (later a map, too) until I can get some more posts added to my original guide, or decide to put this somewhere else. Just here for anyone who needs it, feel free to post any responses in this thread.

Mrs. Pilsen's Remorse - 30:gsicon:

You found Emily's doll hidden in each of the 10 challenges

Each challenge has a single doll to find, and it can be found on either the Normal or Expert variation. Once you have the doll you can quit back to the challenge menu.

Mystery Foe- From the entryway, head to the right down the hallway and continue until the hallway turns left. Continue a bit further until the doorway to the blue-tinted room is on your left, and there is a big doorway on your right. Go through the right doorway, blink on top of the bed on your left, and then blink/jump over to the large rock protruding from the nearby wall to see the doll sitting on top of it.

Burglar- Head up to the 3rd floor of the Mansion, where the left wall will be destroyed, the will be a painting on the wall in front of you, and some torches on the wall to your right. Facing the wall on your right, look at the left-most torch and "use" it to open a hidden area. This area is rather trippy and will change each time you turn around to leave. The third and final time it changes, the doll will be on a small table in the well lit area.

Back Alley Brawl- From the start, turn around and look up to see the roof of the building you're next to. Blink up there and then head across the chain that is connected to the roof. The chain will end at a wall with writing that says "Can you see the end?" once you see that, look to your right and at the corner of that same building will be a mechanical winch sticking out of the wall, with the doll sitting atop it.

Assassin's Run- In the third "section" of this challenge you will face off against a group of weepers that all come at you from the same room. Once they're dead, head to the room they came from and look on top of the filing cabinet on the left (as you're facing into that room), to see the doll sitting on the left side.

Oil Drop- Look directly ahead of you on the little island you're on to see a small bush. Within that bush is the doll.

Bend Time Massacre- Don't bother breaking the glass and starting the mission, instead, head around the right side of the building and jump on some floating grates. Jump onto a long metal rail that is sticking out of the building and make your way to the roof. Look toward the middle of the area you climbed up to see some floating tiles that you can reach from the roof, with the doll sitting at the end of the farthest tile.

Kill Chain - From the start, head down the right staircase and follow the train tracks until the drop off. Look down around where the train tracks end to see some rocks that you can drop down onto to reach a lower area. Drop down and turn back toward the main area to see a hidden pathway. Continue into the first room of the pathway to see the doll sitting on the floor to your right.

Bonfires - You want to make it up to the slanted building you can see on your left when you start the challenge. From there, head to the top of the building and look back to the spawn area to find a floating island (high up) with the doll on it by a tree. I recommend following the red markers to add some time, that you may need as the jump can be a pain to reach. If you get lucky, a marker will appear on the slanted building and act as a checkpoint so you can get a couple of attempts out of the limited time you have to try.

Train Runner - As you follow the linear path you will see a bright purple room up and to your right. Blink/jump up into the room and look to the back right corner to see what looks like a picture frame or something hanging from the ceiling. Go to the back side to see the doll sitting on top of the object.

Kill Cascade - Just before you reach the drop down to the last enemy, look to your left and you will see a sort of train car with some lanterns in it. Go in there and turn left to find the doll.

Void Star - 50:gsicon:

You completed all Normal and Expert challenges with a 3-Star rating

In order to unlock Expert challenges, you must first complete every Normal challenge with at least a 2-Star rating to unlock the Expert version of that challenge.

By My Hand Alone - 15:gsicon:

You made it to Wave 13 in Back Alley Brawl Killing all combatants personally

Assassin Vs. Machine - 15:gsicon:

You completed Train Runner before the train arrives at the station

In order to even complete Train Runner, you need to shoot for about a 36 second completion time, and in order to beat the train, you need to finish about a second/second and a half faster. Do not worry if you are really close to finishing and you hear the trains brakes stop, as there is still a fraction of a second of leeway between when the train's brakes stop, and when you must complete the challenge. Only once you have crossed the white threshold and the challenge complete screen comes up, will the achievement pop for you.

Head straight from the start, blink to the back right so you can go through the table and end up passed the covered area. Keep going RIGHT, agility jump up to a roof covering a purple lantern area, and blink from there down to the lower area. Jump the small gap (this area has the giant wheels on Expert), then sprint up the slope. Follow the video from here until you reach the train station. Once you reach the station; from the staircase, blink on top of the small structure in front of you, and then blink straight ahead to the roof above the trains tracks that is between you and the finish line.

Rare Collector -15:gsicon:

You found all of the collectable figurines in the Burglar on Expert

Not sure about this one yet, but this is the stuff I found on Normal (locations will change)

Rare Map - Far left floating island, prior to entering the mansion

Sextant - First floor, main room

War Medal/Jewelry Box - 2nd Floor bedroom (same as moveable bookcase)

Pocket Watch - 2nd floor, on a table in the staircase room

Hound Statuette - On dresser in 2nd floor study (w/ fireplace)

Whale Statuette - In a back room, in a cabinet, on the fourth floor.

Fish Statuette - Fourth floor, opposite side of the house as the Whale Statuette

Cameo - wall of 4th floor sitting room

The bookcase on the second floor is false

There is a lantern switch on the third floor

Long Way Down -15:gsicon:

You performed a drop assassination of at least 150 meters in the Kill Cascade challenge

In order to do this successfully, head through the level however you choose, and as you approach the last 1/3 or so of the level, blink over to the cliffs on the right side, and blink to the tippity-top of the buildings overlooking the drop to the last guy. Once you're at the highest point of the building. Face the raid pillar of light, agility jump by holding :abut: and quickly tap :ltbut: to blink toward the light. Look down as you fall to make sure you don't land on anything and tap :rtbut: to when prompted to execute the final target.

Headhunter - 15:gsicon:

You completed Assassin's Run with 100% accuracy using only head shots

Daredevil - 15:gsicon:

In bonfires, you performed all the special combination jumps in 1 round

Natural Talent - 15:gsicon:

You finished Mystery Foe without using any active supernatural powers

You are not allowed to use any supernatural powers (including blink) to finish this challenge.

Time Management - 15:gsicon:

You finished Chain Kill or Bend Time Massacre without failing any wave, including bonuses

Working on a (rather long) guide for Bend Time Massacre

for time management, you just gotta know the waves. Play through it a few times so you know how to do it and whats going on. plus you can do some trial and error find your own way of doing it.

took me about 3 tries for it.

In which challenge? I have been doing Bend time Massacre, which hasn't been too bad, but I've been putting together a guide which I may or may not finish with all of the rounds and possible bonus rounds.

In which challenge? I have been doing Bend time Massacre, which hasn't been too bad, but I've been putting together a guide which I may or may not finish with all of the rounds and possible bonus rounds.

i did it on bend time massacre. but I also noticed that the rounds/requirements will alter. that's why i said play through it a few times so you know which one your doing. a guide would be helpful for some but it would take a really long time to find each type of variation of challenge.

but thats just my thought, it's not hard to do. I'm having more trouble with the assassin's run achievement than anything else really

i did it on bend time massacre. but I also noticed that the rounds/requirements will alter. that's why i said play through it a few times so you know which one your doing. a guide would be helpful for some but it would take a really long time to find each type of variation of challenge.

but thats just my thought, it's not hard to do. I'm having more trouble with the assassin's run achievement than anything else really

Well I guess each round has 2 possible bonus rounds, but like you said it's overall pretty easy, and doesn't really need a guide so I'm not gonna bother with it anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the game and feel it should have had difficulty achievements which would have made the game difficulty rating much higher. I give the game an 8 out of 10 but feel it would be much better if some required certain difficulties or just had difficulty achievements in general. All in all a great game but most people will run it on easy and put it aside.

Amazing guide, helped me a lot, thanks, mate!

Just a question - I'm about to finish the game (last mission of Chaos playthrough) and I missed the Sticky Grenades blueprints. So, as I understand, I have to finish the game, choose Missions and play mission 5 (Lady blabla Last blabla), take the prints, finish the mission, get back to the Pub, buy nades and start the next mission, kill someone and the achievement should pop?

Or should I start the mission The Flooded District, take the prints there (but I could not find them nowhere ;/) and finish the whole game starting from this mission?

Amazing guide, helped me a lot, thanks, mate!

Just a question - I'm about to finish the game (last mission of Chaos playthrough) and I missed the Sticky Grenades blueprints. So, as I understand, I have to finish the game, choose Missions and play mission 5 (Lady blabla Last blabla), take the prints, finish the mission, get back to the Pub, buy nades and start the next mission, kill someone and the achievement should pop?

Or should I start the mission The Flooded District, take the prints there (but I could not find them nowhere ;/) and finish the whole game starting from this mission?

Assuming you only need a kill with the blueprint you missed, playing from mission 5 should work fine. It takes a while before you can craft them in this case, from what I remember, but once you get the kill with that it should pop.

Im currently trying to get the achievement in which I do not kill anyone and do not get detected.

Somehow i keep managing to kill 2 people in the flood district mission even though i'm pretty sure i did not.

edit: just found out that choking granny rags will count as a kill. Does that count as 1 or 2?

Edited by ilold