Fast/Easy Arcade Wins

Tyger7

About Method

There is a thread already listed about how to easily and quickly (as quick as it can go) get the arcade achievements. Many people seem opposed to new threads created about the same idea, but my intent is to make things more clear and easily accessed.

Original Thread:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=92739

The original thread creator with the idea was banned from the site and can no longer make edits. Throughout that thread are tons of wrong ideas and assumptions that will just confuse people. I got the achievements and also tested them in many ways with another account, so I assure you what I say is true and works. I felt this needed such editing that it needed a new thread. I cannot contact the original poster but his name was "I Crush All". Anyway, here is how to do it:

1. Getting to the correct area

You will want to start a new game or at least a new one with a saved file's stats. Have a second controller in (or an extremely nice person on Xbox Live with you) and put it in arcade mode. Run through without killing anything and defeat scorpion. Now continue until your first save point.

2. Gathering enemies

Now that you have gotten there, run out to the left wing and exit the area. Run through the level and make sure there are at least 4 people at the door you had exited from. When they are gathered in that room, enter back in.

3. Positioning for saved game

Have player 1 standing at the door and player 2 standing at the save point when you save here. This way you when you load your game, you'll already be there ready to hit :xbut:

4. Getting your wins

Now just exit to the outside of the area, kill the 4 enemies, and re-enter. You will gain an arcade win. Hit :start: and reload your game.

Here's a video I made so you can see what exactly should be happening. You should gain wins extremely fast. I did not have this game installed to my hard drive, so you may have faster loading times than I.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpUCMi0_sQ0]YouTube- Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Fast 100 Arcade Wins[/ame]

Frequently Asked Questions

* You can do this all on one save file. Save whenever you want, as some people have encountered a game freeze though I haven't personally. Just make absolutely sure that you load your game, save it, then load it again. This will stop you from over writing the file with the enemies already dead.

*You can gain these all in one sitting or several.

*2nd controller can win, can save, and can enter/exit. You can even take turns winning if you want (if that account needs achievement too).

*You have to beat 4 enemies, less will not count as arcade. If you kill 3, you can go back to kill the 4th and it will count.

*Installing to your hard drive might be a good idea to make load times faster.

*If you think you should have gotten the achievement, keep going because it's probably still 20-30 wins away, even if you are at 90-100. The achievement doesn't seem to be perfect.

*This is the first area you can do this and the area most people will have easiest access to. Posting other areas or "better" ways might end up confusing people, or wasting their time if you haven't personally timed both locations. So please don't post a method that might shave off a second.

Edited by Tyger7

very nice. still a little confused however. my question is, i have a save file on normal and i'm almost done with the game. if i do this method, starting a new game on easy, will it fuck up my normal game progress? will i be able to go back to my current progress on my normal save if i start one on easy?

Yes, it's a different save so it won't ruin your other one that's on normal. All it does is copy the stats from your other save and put them on the characters for the new one.

• 6 months later...

This looks like it will definitely shave some time off of the method I was using!

And I'm going to need it... I had roughly 70 wins the first time and 60 kills the second time my Xbox froze! I'm hoping the large amount of time that this will save are enough for me to finally get to 100 wins!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...