Achievement Discussion

Teh Phantomz

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tribute To A Vault Hunter - Achievement Discussion

*** WARNING SPOILERS ***

Has anyone been able to find Michael AFTER completing the quest Plan B where the Sanctuary is floating? In the achievement video on the Road Map, there is 1 location that is destroyed because of the aftermath of Plan B. I have reloaded numerous times and have been unable to find Michael in the Sanctuary when it is floating.

[EDIT] FINALLY had him appear once for me in a 4-player game on my save file at Marcus's. So he does appear in the sky but it appears that he does not always load. I'm guessing this might be because of the location that gets destroyed where he can possibly be.

*** END SPOILERS ***

Edited by Thee Elf

Quick question regarding Terramorphous...

I don't have any of the op gear yet since The Warrior refuses to produce decent loot for me after 50+ kills so I'm working on Terra. (No Bee, Conference, etc) My question, is there any way to avoid his tentacle whips and slams? (Not the separate tentacles he spawns)

The slam seems to occur if I get too close but I can't seem to avoid the huge whip attack that he does. It seems to hit me regardless of where I am and usually ends up instantly downing me or knocking me off the cliff. (100% of the time if I get downed he and the tentacles he spawns immediately submerge so I can't even count on second winds)

I had no trouble with the Warrior and I'm sure Terra will be cake as well but I can't seem to figure out how to avoid those attacks so any info would be greatly appreciated. (Trying to do this legit btw, not looking for "safe spot" advice) :woop:

Thanks in advance guys.

Quick question regarding Terramorphous...

I don't have any of the op gear yet since The Warrior refuses to produce decent loot for me after 50+ kills so I'm working on Terra. (No Bee, Conference, etc) My question, is there any way to avoid his tentacle whips and slams? (Not the separate tentacles he spawns)

The slam seems to occur if I get too close but I can't seem to avoid the huge whip attack that he does. It seems to hit me regardless of where I am and usually ends up instantly downing me or knocking me off the cliff. (100% of the time if I get downed he and the tentacles he spawns immediately submerge so I can't even count on second winds)

I had no trouble with the Warrior and I'm sure Terra will be cake as well but I can't seem to figure out how to avoid those attacks so any info would be greatly appreciated. (Trying to do this legit btw, not looking for "safe spot" advice) :woop:

Thanks in advance guys.

What class are you playing? If you're not going to use the "safe spot," then you're going to have to get creative to dodge it. :p If you're using Zero like I am, then you might try throwing Deception into the opposite direction you're going to run to. That will draw their attention until you get away. If you're playing as Axton, Maya, or Salvador then I'm afraid I can't offer much help. I haven't done playthroughs with them yet. I hope you figure it out. He's a bitch to fight without good gear. :)

What class are you playing? If you're not going to use the "safe spot," then you're going to have to get creative to dodge it. :p If you're using Zero like I am, then you might try throwing Deception into the opposite direction you're going to run to. That will draw their attention until you get away. If you're playing as Axton, Maya, or Salvador then I'm afraid I can't offer much help. I haven't done playthroughs with them yet. I hope you figure it out. He's a bitch to fight without good gear. :)

Indeed playing as Maya. His crazy tentacle lash is making it impossible for me to solo. It wouldn't be so bad if I could rely on second winds to sustain the fight but his tentacles flee the second I get downed. Unfortunately I will have to wait for The Warrior to amend his stingy ways and drop some loot! Over 60kills so far and not a single legendary item....very sad. :(

Thanks for the reply Blood. :)

Indeed playing as Maya. His crazy tentacle lash is making it impossible for me to solo. It wouldn't be so bad if I could rely on second winds to sustain the fight but his tentacles flee the second I get downed. Unfortunately I will have to wait for The Warrior to amend his stingy ways and drop some loot! Over 60kills so far and not a single legendary item....very sad. :(

Thanks for the reply Blood. :)

No problem. I know what you mean about the Warrior being stingy. I've gotten some good weapons at this point. So I'm pretty much done with grinding for better ones. I do want all of the skins and heads for Zero though. Some of them have to be acquired by grinding bosses. So I'm focusing on doing that and getting the rest of my challenges to rank 5. Jimmy Jenkins and Pimon and Tumbaa are really elusive in my game. Not to mention I've never even seen the varkid hidden boss. :p

Just hit a 40 today. What would everyone recommend as the fastest way to reach a 50? I really don't want to start a new playthrough. I was just farming The Warrior constantly, but now that I have reached a 40, I am only getting around 5000exp per Warrior kill.

The fastest way to level up is to use the "Flesh Stick" method. You'll need someone to be on TVHM and have the RSVP side quest active. Then just have one player stay in Tina's place and accept the quest over and over when it fails. The other player goes and kills Flesh Stick instantly when he spawns. This method is good until around level 47. At that point the XP you gain isn't worth the time and effort required. At that point you should go and farm Terramorphous until you reach max level. I hope that helps you out. :)

I got all my challenges (including the hidden ones) to at least level 2 and beat the Jimmy Jenkins one today, but the achievement didn't pop. I believe it may be glitched. Does anyone know how to make it unlock?

This happened to a guy I was playing with yesterday. All he had to do to make the achievement unlock was to get another challenge to level up. I've heard that it has to be a challenge transitioning from rank 4 to rank 5 in order to unglitch the achievement. Others say that isn't the case. I'm not sure since his was a rank 4 to 5 situation. In any case, it works. So just level up another challenge until it pops.

Edited by BloodGodAlucard

The fastest way to level up is to use the "Flesh Stick" method. You'll need someone to be on TVHM and have the RSVP side quest active. Then just have one player stay in Tina's place and accept the quest over and over when it fails. The other player goes and kills Flesh Stick instantly when he spawns. This method is good until around level 47. At that point the XP you gain isn't worth the time and effort required. At that point you should go and farm Terramorphous until you reach max level. I hope that helps you out. :)

Thanks for the response. I am thinking about starting my own second playthrough. If I remember correctly, that mission with Tiny Tina isn't too far into the game. I might have to do this method. Killing The Warrior over and over gets old. Luckily I can kil it in around 2 minutes using dual shotguns, one with Corrosive Damage.

Thanks for the response. I am thinking about starting my own second playthrough. If I remember correctly, that mission with Tiny Tina isn't too far into the game. I might have to do this method. Killing The Warrior over and over gets old. Luckily I can kil it in around 2 minutes using dual shotguns, one with Corrosive Damage.

It's definitely a great method for power leveling the characters you don't plan to use for the achievements. And it's good if you want to get to max level before you start TVHM. Yeah the Warrior doesn't offer very good XP when you grind him. You'll get 20,000+ every time you kill Terra. Plus you get good loot, money, and Eridium if you still need it to max out upgrades.

Just hit level 50. how do I initiate the terror boss?

Do you mean Terramorphous? After you beat the game, talk to Tannis to receive the You. Will. Die. Seriously side quest. Then you have to travel to Thousand Cuts. Go to the right when you enter Slab Town. Then take the ramp down the left. There will be a room that glows purple. Pay 4 Eridium at the altar to access the boss location. I hope that helps you find him. :) Good luck. He's a pretty tough fight solo if it's your first attempt.

Edited by BloodGodAlucard

It's definitely a great method for power leveling the characters you don't plan to use for the achievements. And it's good if you want to get to max level before you start TVHM. Yeah the Warrior doesn't offer very good XP when you grind him. You'll get 20,000+ every time you kill Terra. Plus you get good loot, money, and Eridium if you still need it to max out upgrades.

Took me under 2 hours to reach the Tiny Tina Missions. What is funny is that getting to the Tiny Tina Missions got me from a 40 to a 42, so I only need to get 5 levels from the Fleshstick exploit. Just waiting for my friends to get online with me so we can do it faster. Don't feel like running back and forth between Tina and Fleshstick!

Took me under 2 hours to reach the Tiny Tina Missions. What is funny is that getting to the Tiny Tina Missions got me from a 40 to a 42, so I only need to get 5 levels from the Fleshstick exploit. Just waiting for my friends to get online with me so we can do it faster. Don't feel like running back and forth between Tina and Fleshstick!

Yeah you definitely want to do the Flesh Stick method with another player. Doing it solo would defeat the purpose. (Which is it's speed.) Although you could always do it split screen with a second controller if you don't have anyone available to play with. Just a thought. :)

Yeah you definitely want to do the Flesh Stick method with another player. Doing it solo would defeat the purpose. (Which is it's speed.) Although you could always do it split screen with a second controller if you don't have anyone available to play with. Just a thought. :)

Not a bad idea, but I want to help my friends get up to a 47 too so we can get the 50 Achievement and kill Terramorphous. We co-op'd the whole game, so might as well do this too!

Not a bad idea, but I want to help my friends get up to a 47 too so we can get the 50 Achievement and kill Terramorphous. We co-op'd the whole game, so might as well do this too!

That's very true. It's a lot easier with friends. And this game is in general much more fun when played that way. I always like to do my first playthrough solo. But then it's rare that I'm not partied up with people to play. Unless I'm grinding for items of course. No one wants to drag their buddies through that. :p