Pacifist Question

The first time you're in Detroit you can go to Double T's apartment as a side mission. I shot the guard outside with the tranquilizer rifle in the head and he showed up as dead. On the wiki it says that he actually is dead and it will void the achievement. Is this true? Thanks for any help.

The first time you're in Detroit you can go to Double T's apartment as a side mission. I shot the guard outside with the tranquilizer rifle in the head and he showed up as dead. On the wiki it says that he actually is dead and it will void the achievement. Is this true? Thanks for any help.

I literally just started the game yesterday so I can't answer from experience, but from my preparation and reading, if they show a skull you've voided the achievement. The tranq can sometimes do this, so you'll need to load a previous save if it happens.

Your better off using the stun gun, which is an instant takedown by the way.

Most of the time you will need to relocate downed enemies from pathing ai anyway so the instant short range stunner is perfect.

If you still prefer the tranquilizer never go for a headshot. Apparently that is what causes the issue.

Just started this myself. Having a great time with it.

Excellent game! :)

Yes, it's true. The achievement is void unless you load a previous save where the guard isn't dead.

Your better off using the stun gun, which is an instant takedown by the way.

Most of the time you will need to relocate downed enemies from pathing ai anyway so the instant short range stunner is perfect.

I concur. The stun gun is way more reliable and effective than the tranquilizer rifle as it's an instant takedown and it can never accidentally kill someone (from my experience).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I can tell this by first hand experience. I completed/earned this achievement in multiple accounts. If you use the tranq.rifle and you end up killing a target, as long as you get "Merciful soul" bonus you're ok. I once did a complete playthrough and this happened a multiple times and i still got the achievement. (Including killing that same guy you did with the T.Rifle) But if you dont want to carry the doubt with you untill the end of the game i sugest you save often, and use the stun gun. Another advise i can give is, and believe me this can really screw up the achievement. If you stay in a area for too long, and put all the guards to sleep, and if you move them after a while they might end up dead. If you want to move them make sure they are still sleeping after you do it.

Edited by II PenanCe

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Is it possible to complete this side mission without being noticed? I gave up and am saving it for after i finish the game because the first guy keeps having the skull after i use the stun gun on him. I see 2 people sat down watching TV so that might be a bit tricky.

Just heading to derelict row now so i might go try again after this part.

Is it possible to complete this side mission without being noticed? I gave up and am saving it for after i finish the game because the first guy keeps having the skull after i use the stun gun on him. I see 2 people sat down watching TV so that might be a bit tricky.

Just heading to derelict row now so i might go try again after this part.

It's possible. The trick there is that when enemies are completely at rest, sometimes the stun gun kills them. You need to make a little noise so they get up and start looking around then you can take them out with the darts.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, your achievement is voided.