Platinum Ingot Farming/CP farming guide

XxSKETCHxX313

Reading countless threads and websites ive finally found a method that seems to work best for myself.

If you dont mind being in the same area for a long time then please read on. I must warn you however, the time spent playing this game while folling my guide will probably be much better spent with your family/wife/friends/girl/boyfriend so dont blame me when they bitch at you. Anyway lets move on.

First off is Setup:

My party consists of:

Vanille

Malboro Wand * (Great help for debuffing)

Genji Glove*

Battle Talisman * (Casts Auto Viglance to help with Debuffs)

Sprint Shoes lv.1 (Casts Auto Haste)

Connoisseur Catalog* (Who knows, might just get a Trapezohedron)

Fang

Venus Gospel*

Collector Catalog* (for Items of course)

Energy Sash lv.1 (For TP gain)

Power Glove lv.6

Growth Egg* (Double CP gained)

Lightning

Omega Weapon lv.61

Warriors Wristband lv.1

Whistlewind Scarf lv.1

Sprint Shoes lv.1

Aurora Scarf lv.1

Paradigms: I only use these three

Active: Assassination = SAB/SAB/RAV

Espionage = SAB/SAB/SYN

Relentless Assault = RAV/COM/RAV

(This is just My setup feel free to tweak or make changes, Also Keep in mind Lightning already knows HASTE, hence the SYN role)

I would suggest only trying this after you've beaten the game and have lvl 10 of the crys unlocked.

Make your way to Eden Hall/ Leviathan Plaza. There is an Adamantoise out there right beside a save spot, this is where youll be spending a lot of time.

Make sure you have at least 3 TP before starting the battle with the Adamantoise, as soon as the battle starts use your Summon. This disables its legs and drops it down allowing you to really mess it up.

(Make sure you hit back to skip cutscene, then hit X to change to Gestalt mode, back again to skip cutscene, and Y to send Hec back)

On the floor its vulnerable to all debuffs, including death. (NOTE: its also vulnerable to DEATH while standing)

While its on the ground and with Assassination active start Spamming DEATH with Vanille, Fang will debuff it, and Lightning will just be attacking with RAV.

As soon as you see Vanillies Auto Vigilance/Haste wearing off Switch paradigms to Espionage (Also if you Cast DEATH and switch while shes casting, itll skip the annoying shift cutscene, but still cast DEATH)

The Adamantoise should be staggered by now as Fang keeps it debuffed amd lightning now Buffs your party, all the while constantly spamming DEATH with vanille.

If the Adamantoise gets up, just keep DEATH casting. dont worry about healing, its not worth the time. If you happen to die simply retry and go at it again.

Vistory should happen within a minute or so, Once it does you have a good chance of getting a Platinum Ingot, plus 80,000 CP if you have the growth egg.

After the battle simply go back towards Eden hall, Fight the 2 groups of 2 Soldiers at the bottom of the stairs, take the stairs back to the middle part, the fight the group of soldiers there, that should bring your TP Back to 3, and hopefuly net you some Credit and incentive chips to sell as well.

Now take the stairs again (This is just to avoid the Behemoths) back to the save where the Adamantoise was. Save your gave. Quit your game. Load your game. And everything is spawned again and ready to kill.

(Another option if you dont wish to quit is to simply leave through the door and come back in. I find this takes longer though)

Any tips or useful info on this would be greatly appriciated. Hope this helps out some poeple as well.

Edited by XxSKETCHxX313

If you can take them down without death spamming and summoning it's better to go back to Gran Pulse, there is a save point near a 'tortoise and multiple 'toise. I spent most of my time there, killing everything, save, quit, reload.

What's the best method to kill them without spamming Death? I've just about maxed out all their 3 primary roles and first few tiers of secondary roles, so I think I'm just about strong enough, just not sure what the best tactic is.

I got fed up of using death, I got the growth egg in Chapter 11 easy and killed several others with death but then today it worked once over about 2 hours.... :mad:

What's the best method to kill them without spamming Death? I've just about maxed out all their 3 primary roles and first few tiers of secondary roles, so I think I'm just about strong enough, just not sure what the best tactic is.

I got fed up of using death, I got the growth egg in Chapter 11 easy and killed several others with death but then today it worked once over about 2 hours.... :mad:

In a nutshell you use Fang's Highwind to take out the legs and then finish the beast off while he's down. If you search through the forum there are several threads discussing this method in detail and the buffs/debuffs and paradigms that you need. The encyclopedia sticky is probably a good place to start looking.

To the OP, you should only use death until you are able to use the straight kill method. Once you're strong enough you should be able to kill an Adam in less than 2 minutes and having no need to refill the TP makes it much more efficient.

• 5 months later...