First Impressions

Floyd.

Played for an hour today before the wife and kiddo got home, and meh, it left a pretty sour taste in my mouth due to new bugs I had never experienced before. Getting locked in combat, slowed to a snail's crawl, unable to save, etc. etc. Gonna have to give it another try tonight.

On the story side of things, looks pretty standard. Not very far, so can't really judge this yet, but man, I'm not sure how much I wanna boot it up after those bugs this afternoon! Must... persevere...

Might have just been an unlucky venture on my end. Either way, I won't give up on it (especially since I spent $13 on it, lol; btw, thanks for the discount, EA Access!), I just might play Tales from the Borderlands Episode 2 or Game of Thrones Episode 3 tonight and boot it up later. I'm in no rush to complete it, and if people want an achievement guide up immediately... they can do it themselves! Haha :D

I haven't run into those bugs you described, Floyd, but nevertheless, I'm unimpressed by this DLC. I find it incredibly boring - while the new area is big, it's (so far) completely disconnected from the events of the campaign. Anyone looking for explanations to the post-game cut-scene won't apparently find them here. Instead a lot of running back and forth fighting 'the cult of the week'. I'm not feeling the love I expected for 15 bucks. And this comes from an RPG fanatic who consideres DA:I his GotY 2014.

Why? Why am I unable to find DLCs in every RPG I play? ;-;

Can someone point me how to access the DLC?

Once it's purchased, go to Skyhold and check the War Table. There's an operation in Ferelden (bottom left of the map). Complete it, and you'll unlock Frostback Basin (the area of the new DLC).

Once it's purchased, go to Skyhold and check the War Table. There's an operation in Ferelden (bottom left of the map). Complete it, and you'll unlock Frostback Basin (the area of the new DLC).

5 minutes after posting I found it. I was waiting for a message or a quest pop up and then remembered everything in this game was unlocked in the war table.

Great DLC so far! Just hate going back to games because I'm always lost when I start...

I have had to reload my game serveral times due to combat not ending..

I killed sertain higher level beasts but they did not die (kept standing idle), quite annoying when you play on nightmare XD

this is the hardest part in the game on nightmare if you ask me. I have had to back after a few enemy encounters. not even talking about later parts in the DLC T_T

Though that might be because i no longer have Vivienne, since i made her the new Divine and most enemies seem to ignore barriers and guard (or thats just me)

Completed the main quest this morning. I quite liked it! Interesting story, more lore on the Avvar and the original Inquisition. I'm going to play through it again. Since there's a decent amount of Scout Harding in this I'm going with my character that did the sorta romance she has. Hopefully my Qunari can declare his love for her in this.

I have had to reload my game serveral times due to combat not ending

I've had this happen a few times now, along with other bugs I have never encountered during the main game, such as loss of sound during combat, my entire team other than my controlled character running into and getting stuck in walls while I attempt to fend off hordes by myself (spoiler alert: I couldn't), etc. It seems this area is rife with coding errors, but it is still fun, nonetheless!

I've had this happen a few times now, along with other bugs I have never encountered during the main game, such as loss of sound during combat, my entire team other than my controlled character running into and getting stuck in walls while I attempt to fend off hordes by myself (spoiler alert: I couldn't), etc. It seems this area is rife with coding errors, but it is still fun, nonetheless!

Glad to see me glitch-free runs are still holding out :D

is there a dragon to kill in this DLC? im still missing that achievement because it glitched for me before and i refuse to level another character lol.

EDIT: Nevermind I found the answer, although I'm not sure if it will count towards the original achievement. Here is my reference for finding the answer (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/03/25/the-ups-and-downs-of-dragon-age-inquisition-s-first-dlc.aspx - Under the "Pro Lots of Stuff to Do" section)

Edited by graydanielc
found answer

im stuck at the bit wheres these lights on the ground i can figure it out and the levers dont open the door i need help

To open one door, all surrounding tiles need to be white while the center tile needs to be black. On the opposing door, it's vice-versa. You change the colour of a tile as well as the tiles next to it by stepping on it. You can reset the process by pulling the lever. Put your grey noggins to work and you'll solve it quickly.

However, if you don't want to solving those puzzles just head up the stairs in the back of the room to advance the story. Opening those doors only gives loot and I can't even remember what was in there.

To open one door, all surrounding tiles need to be white while the center tile needs to be black. On the opposing door, it's vice-versa. You change the colour of a tile as well as the tiles next to it by stepping on it. You can reset the process by pulling the lever. Put your grey noggins to work and you'll solve it quickly.

However, if you don't want to solving those puzzles just head up the stairs in the back of the room to advance the story. Opening those doors only gives loot and I can't even remember what was in there.

The loot was pretty awful.

Skip it.

I did the damn thing over and over because I thought it was necessary to progress the story. Derp. While being decked out in dragon purples and crafted gear, it's just junk. I didn't get a single upgrade the entire DLC (edit: That's a lie. I did upgrade one companion's armor, lol).

Rifts that have one enemy not spawn are also nice XD cant end the rift battle and walking out of the reset area also didnt help....

Kinda buggy DLC but it's awesome in both story and items :)

I've yet to purchase this DLC but I've got two questions:

1) What's the length of this DLC?

2) If you play this post-game, is it possible to re-recruit companions that have left you?

I mainly care about the length and if it's worth the money (It's $20 in Australia) but knowing I may be able to have Vivian back will definitely be a bonus.

• 2 months later...

Not sure you need the information still Pieville but here goes.

1. It is a decent length for this DLC if yo want to explore the entire area and finish side quests and such. About 10 hours I would say at least.

2. It is also a decent challenge if playing without good equipment I would guess. With a good team and good equipment it will be somewhat harder than normal fights but nothing more than that.

3. As far as I could tell it was not possible to get characters back when they had left. I only had the final dungeon left in the DLC when I completed the main story but I could not get certain lost characters back for the DLC showdown fight.

Oh, and my thought about the whole DLC was that it was good enough to get. I liked the story but I would have liked it to link more to the main story. I would also have liked it if it had been possible to improve Skyhold further.

I'm actually not bothered that it didn't tie into the after credit scene with Solas and Flemeth, because that feels like something big with lots of unknown lore and as of yet undiscovered secrets; i'm fine with that waiting for the next game to learn the truth.

Not to mention that in order to have the Jaws of Hakkon build on the endgame cinematic then it would have to restricted to only being playable after Corypheus defeat, i finished before going to Halamshiral or Adamant Fortress.

Also am i the only one that hopes they are finally done with mage vs. templar stuff or use future dlc to resolve it. Its played a part in all three games and I don't wan't it to be a major plot point in the next game, it doesn't seem like something that will go away but it doesn't need to be a big thing in every game.