How often do you clean your controllor?

Dirty130

How often do you clean your controller?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you clean your controller?

• Every morning after breakfast and twice on Sundays. With a toothbrush and magnify glass.
    • Err.. Maybe once a week.
    • Um.. When it needs it.
    • Clean my controller?? Why would I do that?
    • Ha! I've never cleaned anything in my life! Oh, look a donut!
    • Wait, what? I was playing Dark Souls with a grubby controller..

Well, let's face it. It's been a little while since I did a pointless community poll. :rolleyes:

So, I'm sure some of you out there game for hours on end day after day, but how often to you clean your tools down?

---

And remember kids, no one likes 'Mr Cheetos Hands'.

http://midnightspookhouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/ha44a2221.jpg

http://funnyasduck.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/funny-xbox-gaming-controller-back-bro-cheetos-crumbs-dirty-pics.jpeg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scotty

I voted;

Clean my controller?? Why would I do that?

&

Ha! I've never cleaned anything in my life! Oh, look a donut!

I haven't ever cleaned my controller. I don't really eat when i'm playing and if i do i'll have a towel at hand to wipe all the grease off me before i pick it back up. I do hate a greasy controller though, but my meticulousness with not touching it with filthy hands is better than cleaning it....sort of.

Great thread. :D

So are your controllers dirty, Dirty? :D

Well, that's kinda what inspired the thread. Recent Battlefield 4 play has made my controller icky, so I cleaned it down earlier today. I'm like once every week or two, I guess. I like the clean and 'gripy' feeling.

When I was playing a lot more 2D fighters, I cleaned it maybe 2 or 3 times a week to keep that gripy feeling there as much as possible. Killer Instinct is a good, recent example.

Clean every few weeks as usual and sometime once a month and sometime every 2 months or so depend when I want to but usual every few weeks. :)

I using paper and wrap to make it's hard sharp and cleaning inbetween edge of controllers to removed dust or dirty off. I always do it since Super Nintendo and that is when I became gamer and I were 5 years old. :)

Always used paper. Also got clean cloth for my Wii U GamePad for clean touchscreen. :)

My hands are generally clean when I'm gaming so my controllers don't really get all that dirty. Though they do eventually get a little grimy. When I notice they're dirty, they get a thorough cleaning all the way down to the q-tips/toothpicks and rubbing alcohol. They come out looking like new (even if they don't work like new). I've only ever needed to clean them once in the last 7 years. Generally they wear out and need replacing before they actually need cleaning.

I don't really clean mine, honestly. I use these:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Pack-Silicone-Rubber-Controller-Protecting-Cover/dp/B00HHUSMRY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406905056&sr=8-1&keywords=xbox+one+rubber+grip]Amazon.com: 4 Pack Soft Silicone Gel Rubber Grip Controller Protecting Cover For Xbox One - Black/Red/Blue/White: Video Games[/ame]

Which does a pretty good job of keeping it clean overall, but I also wash my hands pretty frequently so they never really get dirty.

And to be honest, I love new controllers and in the past when I did clean them, it didn't prevent the analog sticks from getting loose or the buttons "fresh" (for lack of a better term) so I just end up buying a new one every so often anyways.

I've got a red chrome controller (fer playin' Red Dead, o' course!) so it shows quite a bit of grime over a short time. It never gets grossly filthy but you can see every little smudge. Luckily it cleans up pretty well and doesn't scratch...

The worst is when I pull off the chat pad and get the thin line of crumbs and dust that gets under the lip of the chat pad.