Unboostable - THQ Bans

Evo Kazz

All this banning stuff seemed to start on THQ forums because people who got the game early were boosting (getting a head start before the rest of the herd) & THQ banned Them because THQ warned players about playing online earlier than oct 31.

But I'd say if you have a buddy or a little group of people boosting it will be next to unnoticeable because there aren't that many people playing online any way. The biggest number I saw was "7 playing ladder" & "12 playing Fair Fight" the rest were zeros or 1-4 people. so chances are your gonna end up playing the same person/people many times if you like a certain match type like cage or tables, or Extreme Rules, etc.

It probably wouldn't hurt to join a group of Strangers in a "Fatal four way" or "Battle Royal" to throw off the scent of the 'THQ ban hammer', it's not like your rank goes down from losing, you still get a few hundred points for your trouble & it's not so bad.

Edited by Vulger Spartan

I boost a little just because finding a fair match is beyond difficult. I'm hoping THQ doesn't get a bug up their butt, especially with how much xp you need, combined with how many scammers are out there and everything else combined.

I love cage matches though, even without boosting, so the majority of my games both boosting and not come from cage matches. Aside from that THQ needs to not worry about boosters and start to worry about their own business model, seeing as they are nearly out of business.

Edited by Beastmaster

Just to clarify here, when you say banned, you mean from the WWE servers full stop, as in permanently?

This doesn't sound right to me. I can understand wanting to keep the leaderboards legitimate but we pay £40 for a game and we can't earn the achievements the way we want?

Evo, were your friends in the US or UK?

I'm pretty sure they mean off the THQ servers, I can't see you getting an xbox live ban for this, Xbox takes forever to ban anyone for any reason

UK and Europe, not sure about the USA but presume it's the same. The ban seems to be server based, I have not experienced any of this as not touched online yet, in fact I have barely touched the game, but research before starting it, and some worrying XBL PM's prompted me to do some digging, and it does indeed seem to be happening, they ban you from THQ servers, for WWE13 only it seems, other THQ games don't seem affected by the ban according to some googling round.

I'm not sure how fast this can be boosted, but would suggest anyone get the online done before the level achievement, do that last, then hammer it, if you get banned least you have your achievement, I mean most people here, including me, wont touch online once the achievement pops. But the risk depends on how fast they ban, or if there is some auto boost detection that kicks you before you get the achievement, if that is the case, you wont ever be able to max WWE13 out...Makes me want to do it legit, but I think it would take about 2 weeks, and that's if your decent!!

Hello, first post but I do browse this site for just about all my achievement needs.

Anyway, if you look at the leaderboards for WWE '13, I am currently at the top. I have been doing the cage match boost with by brother's xbox and a rented copy of WWE '13. I was boosting the past few days and was banned yesterday. I shot THQ an e-mail explaining that I wasn't cheating anybody and didn't mod my controllers or xbox and she said the ban will probably be for 2 weeks. I hate online achievements but after seeing the cage boost here, I thought I could pick up an easy online achievement with 2 live accounts. I boosted all of my 800+ matches except the losses I had. I've heard that Royal Rumbles are good boost matches but I had two games freeze in the final five. I honestly believe that I was able to get as many boosted points because I played over nights (I usually work 3rd shift) but yesterday I was playing into the afternoon and got banned.

sorry for the long post but I am pretty upset because the achievement calls for 1,116,250 (something close to that, not the 880,000 I had originally read on here) and I was ~1,102,000 when they took me offline....

I was boosting the past few days and was banned yesterday. I shot THQ an e-mail explaining that I wasn't cheating anybody and didn't mod my controllers or xbox and she said the ban will probably be for 2 weeks.

First of, sorry to hear this dude. However, if the ban is not permanent thats a start. Even if you do get banned you can come back to it later. Hopefully this is a good thing. I still think the banning is pretty pathetic tbh, but at least this means the game is still obtainable IF you get banned.

Did she explain in any more detail why they are banning people?

First of, sorry to hear this dude. However, if the ban is not permanent thats a start. Even if you do get banned you can come back to it later. Hopefully this is a good thing. I still think the banning is pretty pathetic tbh, but at least this means the game is still obtainable IF you get banned.

Did she explain in any more detail why they are banning people?

No, just that what I was doing was considered boosting and if it's my first time (it is) it is likely going to be for 2 weeks. I was trying to get under their skin by complaining about lag and game freezing online but of course they don't care.

I can't see the leaderboards but I had my brother check and I'm still on there so hopefully when I get online back, I will still be where I left off and will do some spot boosting (stupid 7 day online pass sucks for this too). Also a warning to boosters, get EVERY other achievement first because I can't get on character creations since I've been banned. I only uploaded 1 logo but I'm sure it's been taken down too...

I still need to boost these achievements I made the post for the achievement trading thread and nobody hit me up lol despite me trying to get people to boost oh well anyone who is reliable to boost hit me up! btw Poster above that suxs about being banned but Honestly THQ is high for making us grind this crap out I hate them for this and I dont know might not be a wwe game I 1000/1000 even tho I really want to, I just hate the online its so broken

People hitting me with one hit finisher and 1 time pin out and just other glitches they should fix!

That kind of sucks about the ban, i'm boosting but nothing to the scope that you were boosting so I hope that makes a difference. Most of my wins came legit anyway, although lately I've been using a moves glitch on people I suspect are going to spam run me. Think I was at 30 in in a row today. I'm hoping i'm mixing it up enough the wont' catch on. I'm curious how they find out anyway, unless it came from you just picking up wins and barely any losses.

At first I was told the max score was 600k, then someone told me it was 880k, kind of sucks it's really a million, I was pretty hopeful it might actually still be the 880, but if you had over a million and no achievement it probably is the figure you put up.

Atleast it doesn't appear as though they'll clear the slate in terms of your wins and losses, unless they'll do that once the ban is over. Either way this achievement is pretty craptastic, especially with the spam, lag, running move glitchers etc.

Also if you want to boost a few matches hit me a message on live, i'm typically good for 20 - 30 wins each until it gets boring and I want to stop. I'd love some real matches unfortuante it's nothing but running grapple spammers and move glitchers. So lame online, i'm pretty curious how they even figure out who the boosters are. Although in the above users case it becamse obvious by how many matches won compared to lost, average points and the likes

Edited by Beastmaster

I would tell you but I still need 700+ more wins until I get my achievement. I'll wait until then until I let everyone know lol. Right now I can pretty much get win after win on the move spammers with very little effort. Really don't want to put that kind of arsenal into the hands of people who see little to no problem spamming running moves and everything else possible to win.

All it requires is getting a few lucky reversals to stop their running spamming once or twice. Typically the move spammers suck at reversals so they can't do anything to combat it. Would suck if picking up wins got even harder by them mixing up their running spams with the moves i'm using.

I would tell you but I still need 700+ more wins until I get my achievement. I'll wait until then until I let everyone know lol. Right now I can pretty much get win after win on the move spammers with very little effort. Really don't want to put that kind of arsenal into the hands of people who see little to no problem spamming running moves and everything else possible to win.

All it requires is getting a few lucky reversals to stop their running spamming once or twice. Typically the move spammers suck at reversals so they can't do anything to combat it. Would suck if picking up wins got even harder by them mixing up their running spams with the moves i'm using.

Totally, sounds like you got this locked down pretty tight, I love it when there's an underground technique, that does not violate any rules, yet combats the spammers, kudos to you sir!

I'm fine with people going into 1 on 1 matches and boosting, but people doing it in matches that involve multiple players (like the Elimination Chamber or Rumble) need to be banned. It's bullshit and ruins it for everyone else. I was playing Elimination Chamber and came out last and there were three people left. They all just stood outside my chamber taunting to store their finishers, then once I got out just go hit with all their finishers and eliminated. They didn't attack each other at all during the match. That shit deserves a perma-ban on THQ servers.