Infinite moonstones glitch

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically the gift you get for having a save from 1 and 2 can be repeated infinity. I am not the op of that post btw.

Yeah that'll definitely be patched quick. Pardon my ignorance since I just started playing but are Moonstones the Eridium of this game?

Also to me the best part is that the shotgun and pistol you get level up to your current level. Also you can spawn them infinity and occasionally they will have elements on them. I have a level 12 shotgun with electric on it. Let alone 500 moonstones with all my stuff maxed so when the grinder gets figured out I have the stones to work it easy. Furthermore, selling the said weapons take a minute and it's good early game money.

Edit: and a good time to check the store for early legendaries. Only cost 2k round about now. Also helps with farming the 50 white weapons for To Arms.

Edited by Zhou Tai of Wu

Does anyone know if this will be patched by tomorrow afternoon? I was going to abuse the hell out of this glitch tomorrow to max out my backpack space and ammo capacity and for Moxxi's drinks but I want to make sure beforehand so I do not waste my time.

So if I understand correctly:

> Start new game.

> Reload main character (Athena for me)

> Profit.

Does anyone know if this will be patched by tomorrow afternoon? I was going to abuse the hell out of this glitch tomorrow to max out my backpack space and ammo capacity and for Moxxi's drinks but I want to make sure beforehand so I do not waste my time.

So if I understand correctly:

> Start new game.

> Reload main character (Athena for me)

> Profit.

I am assuming the patch will be in a week or so. They have harder problems than this by my estimates. Maybe they Will never patch it though, who knows. Also, yes. Just skip the intro cut and then back out. Load up your main, load into game. Then leave and rinse and repeat. You may want to check the stores though in case of anything good randomly dropping your way and you want to sell your new weapons every now and then since they are duplicates. Just my second info though, not needed.

I'm pretty sure they only kick in with character saves that have beaten the game.

Also, it still works as of the time of this post.

Step-by-step for those who aren't sure:

1) Start a New Game

2) Hit B to skip the cutscene

3) Hit B to Quit out of the character select

4) Switch to your main character

5) Hit Continue

6) When your main loads up, you will get the bonus

7) Rinse and repeat

For those who completed both games and have the files on their system, it will be a blue pistol, blue shotty, and 30 Moonstones each time.

Edited by Floyd.

Where is it stated both have to beaten on the 2nd difficulty? I thought it was just a save needed.

People who have both difficulties beaten are showing results. You tried making a save, didn't work. That is a working hypothesis I am willing to follow. If you want a concrete answer, hit up their forums, I'm sure it's there somewhere :) Until then, I propose that Vault Hunter completion is necessary.

Just been doing this and I've literally just loaded up the game. EU release and all. Still working like a charm and I'm receiving all goodies.

Yeah it works. Try to get to rank 50 as quick as possible so you can do this before it gets patched. Even if it does get patched you could just delete the update and keep doing it. :p

The weapons scale to your level and the shotgun is very good, better than anything I've found so far.