To anyone struggling with Babel Achievements...

Finaldark

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! Yeah a few tries each and you should have it no problem :)

Wow, musta tried Obelisk for about 2 hours before I gave. My problem is that past step 100, the floor falls too quickly. Constantly switching controllers back in forth just becomes too complicated and I start to panic when the perspective starts to change a bit, and then die.

To those that did Obelisk and AxisMundi in pairs mode, was it by yourselves or did you have a second person controlling the other character?

Wow, musta tried Obelisk for about 2 hours before I gave. My problem is that past step 100, the floor falls too quickly. Constantly switching controllers back in forth just becomes too complicated and I start to panic when the perspective starts to change a bit, and then die.

To those that did Obelisk and AxisMundi in pairs mode, was it by yourselves or did you have a second person controlling the other character?

I beat altar and menhir solo and obelisk and axis was with two controllers but still by myself. It took a while to get used to the switching controllers but what I found easier myself was I would move one char as far up as possible until I had to do some edging and then move the other up as this delays the falling of the tower a bit more and it just becomes mastering certain block combos until you get a good enough run and don't be afraid to push the whole tower out if u have nothing to work with because sometimes u have to!

Also another forum member here did something unique by pausing and taking a picture of the section before doing it so he could figure out exactly what he should do and not losing any time in the process :) Hope this helps a bit and keep going u can do it!

I beat altar and menhir solo and obelisk and axis was with two controllers but still by myself. It took a while to get used to the switching controllers but what I found easier myself was I would move one char as far up as possible until I had to do some edging and then move the other up as this delays the falling of the tower a bit more and it just becomes mastering certain block combos until you get a good enough run and don't be afraid to push the whole tower out if u have nothing to work with because sometimes u have to!

Also another forum member here did something unique by pausing and taking a picture of the section before doing it so he could figure out exactly what he should do and not losing any time in the process :) Hope this helps a bit and keep going u can do it!

Gah! Thanks for the encouragement but no luck again.Made it 128 steps this time. Its that damn part where the path splits into 2. I can definetely see "the pattern" wuickly enough to make it thtough. It just starts to require to much controller switching which slows me down. I actually ha d agood path built when I hit the 128, but the damn perspective change when the bottom gets near f-ed me up.

Bah, i"ll try it a few more times today after work. If not, I'll wait til one of my friends that actually plays games is in town.

Gah! Thanks for the encouragement but no luck again.Made it 128 steps this time. Its that damn part where the path splits into 2. I can definetely see "the pattern" wuickly enough to make it thtough. It just starts to require to much controller switching which slows me down. I actually ha d agood path built when I hit the 128, but the damn perspective change when the bottom gets near f-ed me up.

Bah, i"ll try it a few more times today after work. If not, I'll wait til one of my friends that actually plays games is in town.

Gah! That really sucks I know I almost threw my controller a few times because of crappy camera twitches and stuff haha. Keep it up and you'll get it done no doubt in my mind! Maybe a friend will help just make sure he doesn't get in your way while ur building steps! haha

Gah! That really sucks I know I almost threw my controller a few times because of crappy camera twitches and stuff haha. Keep it up and you'll get it done no doubt in my mind! Maybe a friend will help just make sure he doesn't get in your way while ur building steps! haha

That was the problem I had playing with my younger brother, I always had to direct him where to go so I definitely found it easier playing on my own.

And to the person struggling, I was stuck on Obelisk for a week so have faith :). If you're switching between controllers slowly, you can always try hitting the guide button when you need to switch so no time passes in game.

That was the problem I had playing with my younger brother, I always had to direct him where to go so I definitely found it easier playing on my own.

And to the person struggling, I was stuck on Obelisk for a week so have faith :). If you're switching between controllers slowly, you can always try hitting the guide button when you need to switch so no time passes in game.

Yeah I tried it with my younger brother at first as well and found the same problem. It falls under the if you want something done right do it yourself rule haha.

Overall, more people will probably find Menhir easier than Obelisk. I know I did heheh. But I know someone else in this thread found Obelisk easier

Most threads say Obelisk is the easiest of the four, followed by Menhir, followed by Altar and then Axis but personally I found it to be Menhir, Altar, Obelisk, Axis lol so It must vary for everyone haha

Most threads say Obelisk is the easiest of the four, followed by Menhir, followed by Altar and then Axis but personally I found it to be Menhir, Altar, Obelisk, Axis lol so It must vary for everyone haha

Oh, I stand corrected. :) I was just going by how many people completed them on the leaderboards.

Yea, it definitely varies. Here is my order

Altar - under 1 hour

Axis - under 1 hour

Menhir - took me 2-3 days

Obelisk - took me a week

Oh, I stand corrected. :) I was just going by how many people completed them on the leaderboards.

Yea, it definitely varies. Here is my order

Altar - under 1 hour

Axis - under 1 hour

Menhir - took me 2-3 days

Obelisk - took me a week

Haha not corrected just a difference of opinion :) but the important thing is we both beat it lol

I just set a new personal record on Obelisk today at 210 steps. I've tried pairs but I can't get used to it. Also, I really want to solo all the Babel stages. I might get 1K on Catherine, just not anytime soon. I really love this game, so that helps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Now's not the time to be dead.

Menhir

January 13 –¦–­» 70

September 9 –¦–­» 87

September 12 –¦–­» 95

September 13 –¦–­» 148, was standing on a trap block while making my next move, fuuu...!

September 13 –¦–­» Menhir Conquered!

Obelisk

September 13 –¦–­» 101

September 14 –¦–­» 102

September 14 –¦–­» 165

September 16 –¦–­» 184, no more moves to make, almost there, fuuu...!

September 17 –¦–­» Obelisk Conquered!

Axis Mundi

September 17 –¦–­» 153

September 17 –¦–­» A God is Born!

Edited by MaicoWin

Just finished the 1k today and thought I would share my opinions on these. I did Altar, Obelisk and Axis Mundi in pairs and Menhir solo. I thought doing Menhir solo was best because it was so narrow and it was hard to navigate 2 people, especially with all the cracked blocks. Obelisk was the hardest (IMO) because of all the different blocks. There are ice, mystery, monster, cracked, trap and bomb blocks. Axis Mundi kept screwing me up because of one poorly placed vortex block around step 150.

My advice to anyone doing Obelisk/Axis Mundi: When the tower splits around step 100, try to keep the two towers connected as best you can or else you might not have a wide enough platform when the immovable blocks show up.

• 1 month later...
Was able to beat Altar on pairs, but how the fuck to beat the other ones, I don't know. I've been able to make it around 60 steps on the next two stages. Menhir is so damn narrow, I can't do anything. I've been able to get around the same number of steps solo on Menhir, and that might even be easier than pairs, since I found myself going much faster and not having to worry about the bottom falling out on me.

I own the game for a week now (yes, Europe) and managed to beat Menhir solo yesterday.

I've started out trying Altar in solo, failed, and read about Pairs being easier. After that I beat Altar within a few tries in Pairs on my own.

But Menhir was just too narrow for Pairs for me.

So I kept practising solo yesterday and the day before until - as I said - yesterday I finally conquered it.

First 40 steps shouldn't make any problems, after that - when it widens up a bit - try Inazuma and Inazuma variations and try not to crumble you wall to much. The less block you drop, the flatter your next starting surface will be and the easier this section of Menhir will be.

Actually you can say that overall: From step 40 on focus on

a) not crumbling your wall to much (or at least crumble it equally) and

b) don't forget about trap blocks.

I screwed up quite a few attempts because I was so focused on thinking about how to proceed further upwards that I forgot I was standing on a trap block! :mad:

• 2 months later...

After about 50 tries on Altar I finally beat it but at this point im gonna go to a friends house and play pairs just to see how easy it is. So I can beat menhir, obelisk, and the very unforgiving axis mundi. Why did they not include an online co op in this game:confused: