stupid neighslayer achievement...

jenafer6

i have gotten all the other achievements for this game besides the dlc ones.. can anyone gimme any idea how to get this.. maybe some checkpoints besides the one in chapter 3... have played this to death ready to stop now:uzi:thx in advance for any suggestions

You need to kill 4 enemies with a hobby horse smash, meaning the LAST hit of the HH combo. There's 2 really good places to get this, the one in chapter 3 you mentioned and then an area in chapter 2 which is probably the very best place to achieve this. It's when you must "free" the sailors. In the last crypt, there are continuously spawning slithering ruin in this area. Drop a clockwork bomb and wait for 4 or 5 to swarm it, the start up your HH combo AWAY from the enemies then let em' have it with your last hit.

Hope this helps!

I have tried all these and still have not gotten it... is it possible that i dont have it because my weapons r fully upgraded? i hope not cause i will be 1 achievement from completion. thx for all the replies so far...

My hobby horse was fully upgraded when I did it. There is really no special way to get this, at least from what I can tell. It seems pretty random. I was killing 4 and 5 enemies at a time and it still wasn't popping and then once I accidentally swung to early and only killed 2 and then it popped. Just keep trying if you really want it. Good luck.

Ok i'm gonna tell you a trick that worked for all my friends.

What you do is go to the chapter 3 spot where all the Slith appear. (Where the puzzle box is at)

Then get about 6 and the circle them around for a good 20 seconds or so having them jump at you.

Then throw your clockwork bomb.

Then from afar but not to far Do Hobby horse attack 1, then 2, and on the third, You must hit all six. And boom. You'll get it.

But if you don't follow this exact guide you will fail.

This is NOT A JOKE.

Hilarious joke :rolleyes:

Ok i'm gonna tell you a trick that worked for all my friends.

What you do is go to the chapter 3 spot where all the Slith appear. (Where the puzzle box is at)

Then get about 6 and the circle them around for a good 20 seconds or so having them jump at you.

Then throw your clockwork bomb.

Then from afar but not to far Do Hobby horse attack 1, then 2, and on the third, You must hit all six. And boom. You'll get it.

But if you don't follow this exact guide you will fail.

This is NOT A JOKE.

Alright I will try this too. Tried the level 2 sailor thing and that didnt work.. never had this issue with any other achievement in any game ever... so frustrating:uzi:ALICE............

Alright I will try this too. Tried the level 2 sailor thing and that didnt work.. never had this issue with any other achievement in any game ever... so frustrating:uzi:ALICE............

I got it in that area. (Chapter 2, with the sailor and the infinite slugs.) Tossed a clockwork bomb into the fray, locked on, hit Y a few times, and pop! =/

I just earned mine in Chapter 1 when obtaining the Hysteria ability.

I just walked to that small alcove on the left of the burning Liddell door. This causes the Insidious Ruins to bunch up (they tend to surround a Clockwork Bomb and that makes it difficult to hit 4 of them). Stand roughly 2 "Insidious Ruins in length" away from them and begin the Hobby Horse swings. You might connect to one of the Ruins on the second swing, and that shouldn't matter, it's that third swing that should hit in the middle of the cluster of Insidious Ruins.

I kept trying a LOT of different ways at that spot, but the first time I did it like that, I unlocked the achievement. Hoping it will prove easy for someone else as well.

Remember that you can select Restart from the Pause Menu to keep trying at that location.

• 1 year later...

I have done the following:

-Tried Slithering Ruins in Chapter 3

-Tried Boltflies in Chapter 1 after I got the peppergrinder

-Used Hobby-Horse and NOT the DLC Knightmare

-Tried using the story mode dress instead of DLC dresses

-Have DEFINITELY hit AND killed 4+ enemies on the 3RD hit

-Tried both targeting and not targeting

-Tried luring with clockwork bomb and without clockwork bomb

Nothing.. is.. working.. and I'm pulling my hair out.

Please.. help.

• 3 weeks later...
I have done the following:

-Tried Slithering Ruins in Chapter 3

-Tried Boltflies in Chapter 1 after I got the peppergrinder

-Used Hobby-Horse and NOT the DLC Knightmare

-Tried using the story mode dress instead of DLC dresses

-Have DEFINITELY hit AND killed 4+ enemies on the 3RD hit

-Tried both targeting and not targeting

-Tried luring with clockwork bomb and without clockwork bomb

Nothing.. is.. working.. and I'm pulling my hair out.

Please.. help.

Wow... I don't remember having as much trouble as some of you. If there is a difficulty setting (I don't remember... I don't have the game anymore :()... set it to the easiest. I believe I had a fully-upgraded hobby horse, and I also had "Alice" (I was almost going to say "I" was) wearing one of the DLC dresses that increased weapon damage.

I think I got it in the first location where you see 4 of those things come out at the same time (I believe I did this replaying the chapter). There "should" be a checkpoint shortly before this spot... so if you don't get it, just reload the checkpoint!

Remember to use the "Clockwork Bomb" to lure them all to the same spot, and make certain you are using a "power swing" to kill them, not a normal swing. If you have a Dolby Digital surround sound system setup - WITH subwoofer... you'll know if you are getting the power swing or not!

Also... I think I did use the "Knightmare" version of the Hobby Horse. I sure miss this game. I hope my friend will hurry-up and finish the game... he promised to sell me his copy of the game for a good price! :)

• 2 years later...

I literally just slammed 6 slugs at once and it still didn't pop. And it did hit all of them. They were the ones in chapter 5 where some pistons are behind some glass. I am logged in, my hobby horse is maxed out, and I used the same combo. And they were literally in a pile. Please help!