Premium Content Pricing and Achievement Breakdown

I won't be listing specifically which achievements are in each of these categories below, as the descriptions state which content is required, if any. The achievement list can be found here.

ORIGINAL 1000

Free Content - 330 Gamerscore

The game itself is free, and can be downloaded from ageofempiresonline.com upon release. It does not include all available items, quests or features though.

Egyptian Empire (Premium) - 260 Gamerscore

This will be available at the game's launch for $20.

Greek Empire (Premium) - 260 Gamerscore

This will be available at the game's launch for $20. If you buy the game at retail instead of simply downloading the game and buying the content separately, you will receive a voucher for this empire. (Such as [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Age-Empires-Online-Pc/dp/B005553ZCK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313016468&sr=8-1]this version[/ame], etc.)

ANY Premium Empire - 150 Gamerscore

The remaining 150 Gamerscore can be earned from EITHER Premium Empire, or even one of the upcoming releases this holiday season. (The PVP achievement also requires premium content.)

DLC ACHIEVEMENTS

Defense of Crete Booster Pack - 150 DLC Gamerscore

This will be available at the game's launch for $10.

UPCOMING RELEASES:

(There is no confirmation that these will include achievements yet.)

Celtic Empire (Premium)

Available "this holiday" for $20.

Persian Empire (Premium)

Available "this holiday" for $20.

Skirmish Hall Booster Pack

Available "this holiday" for $10.

Edited by The Pants Party

That seems a bit too pricey for me, since they going with the Pay-To-Play model. There's not much juice in the game without the "premium" packs which I hoped were going to be more enhancements than full on DLC type of thing.

As a fan of AOE and being in the alpha and beta I can say this is not my thing, if they were cheaper maybe but as of right now I'll wait and see :(

I heard come release day there will be bundles at a cheaper price. If your looking to get the full gamerscore I'd wait and see what those are going to cost rather then buying them individually, or getting the one off amazon. Just a heads up for those looking to save some money.

Great write up BTW. I really like how you broke it down to see what you got to pay and how much gamerscore it will get you depending on what you decide to buy.

So if I buy this:

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Age-Empires-Online-PC-CD/dp/B005DPWGMC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313105168&sr=8-1]Age of Empires: Online (PC CD): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games[/ame]

I should be able to get 740G for £14.99.

But I then need to buy Egyptian Empire to get the remaining 260G.

If so I imagine it'll only cost around £20-£25 for the full 1000G if I'm correct. That's not too bad to be honest.

Edited by Preykousis

So if I buy this:

Age of Empires: Online (PC CD): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

I should be able to get 740G for £14.99.

But I then need to buy Egyptian Empire to get the remaining 260G.

If so I imagine it'll only cost around £20-£25 for the full 1000G if I'm correct. That's not too bad to be honest.

Would like confirmation if this is correct, as I don't want to pay loads for hundreds of tiny bits of a game if there is one cheap way to get it such as this...

bundles are available at launch, and now if your on pre-release

the first is for all of the content that comes out in the first 6 months which includes 4 civs and 2 boosters and lots of scenery.

Cost:

UK: 9200MSP

US: 8000MSP - I think.

the second is for 2 premium civs (Egyptions, Greeks) and you get the first booster for free. meaning the full 1150GS right here.

Cost:

UK: 3600

US: 3000 - I believe.

If the bundle is available now for those on pre-release. Where is it? I would consider buying the "6 month pack" even though it's a bit pricey if it does include all the currently available pieces plus the additional two civs coming up over the holidays.

I'm in the pre-release and the only buy options I've seen are for all the individual pieces.

If the bundle is available now for those on pre-release. Where is it? I would consider buying the "6 month pack" even though it's a bit pricey if it does include all the currently available pieces plus the additional two civs coming up over the holidays.

I'm in the pre-release and the only buy options I've seen are for all the individual pieces.

I believe you click one of the buildings ( I think it has a chest over it) and then It shows you all the content.

I won't be listing specifically which achievements are in each of these categories below, as the descriptions state which content is required, if any. The achievement list can be found here.

ORIGINAL 1000

Free Content - 380 Gamerscore

actually its 330 gs

win a ranked pvp game worth 50 gs must be done with premium content

http://i.imgur.com/CWM5L.jpg

Edited by JohnnyBravo

bundles are available at launch, and now if your on pre-release

the first is for all of the content that comes out in the first 6 months which includes 4 civs and 2 boosters and lots of scenery.

Cost:

UK: 9200MSP

US: 8000MSP - I think.

the second is for 2 premium civs (Egyptions, Greeks) and you get the first booster for free. meaning the full 1150GS right here.

Cost:

UK: 3600

US: 3000 - I believe.

In the US the bundles cost:

Season Pass I - 8000msp

Special Launch Offer (2 Premiums Civs) - 3200msp

Trojan Horse - after you beat Troy storyline, obviously

Library & Spartan Academy - these aren't quest prizes, you need to find them in treasure chests. I got Library from the "Breaking Eggs to Make an Omelette" chest and traded Spartan Academy with other player.

Do you remember what level you were when you got the "Breaking Eggs to make an Omelette" quest?