I fail to see what is wrong with this game.

MDDC

I just really don't understand it, I read these posts on the forums and 90% of the people say it's one of the worst games they have ever played, and treat it like it's the worst game on the 360. I know there's flaws to this game, but every game has flaws - the average graphics, the glitches, the insane battle with Brayko if you're going for a stealth playthrough. Yet, it remains one of the most in-depth RPG's I have ever played, it's one of my favorite games on the 360 to date. I've played the majority of the games, too. Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect 1&2, Fallout 3, Fable 2, Oblivion, Gears of War 1&2, etc...yet, this still remains one of the ones i'll never get tired of playing. The only people I can see not enjoying this are the ones only going for the combat, rather than the story...Can someone please tell me why so many people bash this game so much? I mean, look at some of the other games out there - Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust, Pimp My Ride, Avatar, the majority of movie games...yet you continue to say this is one of the worst games for 360 - Why? :confused:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing it has something to do with people hyping themselves up for the game, and then when it doesn't meet expectations they say it's terrible.

Only real problems with the game are overall shortness (but it has good replayability) and dumb AI. Besides that I love it.

It's pretty annoying seeing people call this game 'one of the worst games ever', but there's nothing to be done. Hopefully we'll still get a sequel at some point though. The game is a great start, but with a bit of polishing and expanding of the gameplay mechanics a sequel could be absolutely amazing.

I think the problem most people have with it is everything except the rpg elements and decision paths

everything else like combat, graphics, main character development are lacking for them

and those are the game killers

also as stated above this game was hyped a decent amount, and comes from Obsidian..who people were expecting more from

I have yet to play it, so thats my take on what Ive seen people say...Ill judge for myelf when I get around to renting it

Edited by KNIGHTOFSERA

I think the problem most people have with it is everything except the rpg elements and decision paths

everything else like combat, graphics, main character development are lacking for them

and those are the game killers

also as stated above this game was hyped a decent amount, and comes from Obsidian..who people were expecting more from

I have yet to play it, so thats my take on what Ive seen people say...Ill judge for myelf when I get around to renting it

People are moaning about the RPG elements because of the Reticule of the guns and the AI spotting you when you don't have sound damper equipment.

AP has solid combat, graphics that rival Fallout 3 and ME2, and your character does develope quite well since you learn more as the game goes.

Those aren't Killers because those are dislikes on AP since people blame RPGs since they lack the skill to play those while most games don't have the high level of graphics that games like Crysis, Uncharted 2, and God of War 3 have acheived.

AP had the basic hype of any Western RPG like Oblivion and KotR had.

You're better off buying AP especially when it has excellent replayability, which that means its worth more then $60 in general.

The whole 'poor combat' thing is completely bogus, no truth to it at all.

As I've said in a few places now, the only problem with this game is with the players who can't handle that it's an RPG and NOT an action game. They hate that they have to rely on the stats and skills and game mechanics rather than their own personal skill like they would with Splinter Cell. If people would wake up and realize this is an RPG through and through, they may not like it any more, but at least they'd dislike it for a valid reason. After all, not everyone enjoys RPG's, and there's nothing wrong with that, it's perfectly fine is someone dislikes the game because it's an RPG, but to dislike it for being a BAD game when their own preconceptions are that it's a Splinter Cell style game is teh fault of the individual, not the game.

The problem is with the players, not the game, simple as that.

I got this as a rental yesterday and I have to say I'm rather pleased about getting it. After hearing how bad it was I was expecting a terrible game when in fact it's quite good, not the best but still good.

As for the shooting I just looked at it like the sniper rifle in ME1, it will get better if you level up those weapons.

The whole 'poor combat' thing is completely bogus, no truth to it at all.

As I've said in a few places now, the only problem with this game is with the players who can't handle that it's an RPG and NOT an action game. They hate that they have to rely on the stats and skills and game mechanics rather than their own personal skill like they would with Splinter Cell. If people would wake up and realize this is an RPG through and through, they may not like it any more, but at least they'd dislike it for a valid reason. After all, not everyone enjoys RPG's, and there's nothing wrong with that, it's perfectly fine is someone dislikes the game because it's an RPG, but to dislike it for being a BAD game when their own preconceptions are that it's a Splinter Cell style game is teh fault of the individual, not the game.

The problem is with the players, not the game, simple as that.

You've got a very good point there. I love RPG's, but I have been on the fence about this game since the release; mainly because of the negative reactions and reviews.

My brother just bought it for his PS3, though, and I've got to admit- it doesn't look that bad. It looks rather good, actually, and my brother really enjoys it too. This, mixed with your well argumented point, Grummy, will make me pick it up next time I get the opportunity.

But to follow up on your comment, Grummy, I also think it is important for people to make the correct distinctions between action games and RPG's nowadays (reviewers too). Some people also got disappointed about Fallout 3 thinking it was an FPS. Fortunately, I love both types of games, but there is no reason for people to bash a game because they didn't read up on it before they bought it and expected it to be something entirely else. Know your genres, what you like and what you don't, and keep to the genres you like. Just because you see it from a first person or third person pespective doesn't make it an action game ;)

Edited by Ink129

I love this game. To me it puts SC: Conviction to shame as far as stealth goes. I would not however, say this regarding SC1-SCCT. Sam's character had built in stealth without leveling up; which compared to AP, made AP more difficult to master the stealth elements. I have been craving a reasonable stealth game for awhile. Finally one appears and is a RPG. A complete win for me. I am playing AP on PS3, I am totally addicted. The belly aching is coming from run and gunners who think all elements are to be handed to them on a platter without improving their skills. I used to be one of those run and gunners, I have tired of those types of games. They are too much alike. If you play one you have played them all. Run, shoot, get rained on by enemy grenades, reach checkpoint, rinse and repeat.

...Can someone please tell me why so many people bash this game so much? I mean, look at some of the other games out there - Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust, Pimp My Ride, Avatar, the majority of movie games...yet you continue to say this is one of the worst games for 360 - Why? :confused:

I personally like the game. Everyone keeps comparing it to Mass Effect but really, in all honesty, its more of a cross between Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and the Hitman games. SC:CT was a cut above and well polished, Hitman was rather crude, but quite fun to play the stealth aspect rather than the run & gun.

My main concerns with AP are

1. Lip syncing. Ugh. I had to look away every time a character spoke my first play through. Second time I was used to it.

2. Kinda glitchy in that sometimes I got stuck next to a wall or didn't get the A option to open the secret passage or use zip line to continue the game and had to restart.

3. Instead of having a straightforward way to play the game for achievements, it appears to have been rather kludged together. I mean, to be able to totally miss SIE, kill of Albatross, and not be able to annoy Heck to turn you in, was rather nearsighted. The end path should not have been left up to default. And to have to play through AGAIN, for a 5 point achievement really blows.

4. Aiming is rather crude, and thius may be a deal breaker for a lot of people. No matter how much I slow down my cursor movement, I always tend to overshoot either direction, and before you know it, my chain fire is up. Either that, or I need a new controller. :)

But, overall, the game is quite fun to play, once you get the hang of it. I didn't realize but my first playthrough, I picked my own class instead of going recruit, and the second time, playing as recruit, I did notice how much more difficult the game is without those starting stat points. DEFINITELY start on easy/recruit, finish up a bunch of cheeves on easy/veteran and the do the hard/veteran to mop up.

Thanks for the soapbox! :)

---

haZZmaTTaZZ

Tons of glitches, dumb AI, 2002 graphics, it's like the game was not finished.

All in all, this game has more bad sides than good sides, but the good sides really make up for the bad ones and it averages as a decent game, mostly thanks to good ideas.

Tons of glitches, dumb AI, 2002 graphics, it's like the game was not finished.

All in all, this game has more bad sides than good sides, but the good sides really make up for the bad ones and it averages as a decent game, mostly thanks to good ideas.

Stop being a Hypocrite man since I guess you haven't played Fallout 3, Halo 3 ODST, MW2, Read Dead Redemption, Gears series, and ME2 then since they were all unfinished games that had glitches in them.

Fallout 3 wasn't finished until Brotherhood of Steel was availble while glitches made it unplayabale at times. Halo 3 ODST was a rushed game for profit hence the Multiplayer was Halo 3 while it was worth $20. MW2 was barely playable because of all the glitches that people found then abused while its playable now because of the multiple patches that were done. Red Dead Redeption has the most glitches inany game that I have played especially for a Modern game. Gears has a good Campaign with Co-Op while the Multiplayer isn't playable except for Horde. ME2 has glitches that will crash your game then erase that data. AP is a polished game while its surprising that most of the people that are having glitches with it are playing the Reviewer's copy, which is the unfinished version that allows Reviewers to skip parts of the game to meet their Deadlines.

Please explain why you think AP is bad instead of using the same things that people say about AP like bad graphics, glitches, and dumb AI. You do realize that all games have glitches including RPGs while most Run n' Gun shooters have some Bad AI like Halo and MW. The way you describe AP clearly sounds that you haven't played AP at all. I don't care if you Hate or Love it while I do care that you have played the entire game and you don't blame the game for the lack of skill that you have. AP is a very good game while you should play AP since you will only be a Flamer until you play it.

I have played several of the games you listed, and I agree they're unfinished games and/or with tons of glitches.

So do not use the 'I have played more games than you' arguments, you have not, and only people with no valid argument resort to ego quarrels.

I did say AP was a 'decent game', which is a positive comment, in case you wondered. But the game still has all those numerous faulty aspects which were mentioned, regardless.

Now bite your tongue.

I have played several of the games you listed, and I agree they're unfinished games and/or with tons of glitches.

So do not use the 'I have played more games than you' arguments, you have not, and only people with no valid argument resort to ego quarrels.

I did say AP was a 'decent game', which is a positive comment, in case you wondered. But the game still has all those numerous faulty aspects which were mentioned, regardless.

Now bite your tongue.

You need to bite your tongue since you would rather bad mouth AP for glitches while most people don't encounter any glitches at all. Most of the people that have encounterd glitches in AP were Reviewers that played the Review copy, which allows them to skip parts of the game to meet their Deadlines. You also have played the Real unfinished games like Fallout 3, Halo 3 ODST, MW2, Read Dead Redemption, Gears series, and ME2 while you don't bashed those games for their glitches and problems.

By ou saying that AP is a 'decent game' without supporting it makes that comment into a Neutral Opinion. AP does need improvements while you shouldn't bash a AP for not being Perfect because no game is Perect since every game can be improved and has glitches. I don't care if you Hate or Love AP while I do care that you have played the entire game, you don't blame the game for the lack of skill that you have, and that you don't Mindlessly bash it for no reason. Go somewhere else to Flame.

Edited by Blueprotoss

I would give this game a decent at the very best. The only reason I had to buy this game was because of the RPG element and the story, I had imagined it to be similar to Mass Effect. In the RPG aspect I do believe it was interesting.

One huge problem I had with the game was the "mini-games". At first it seemed okay, but it got repetitive very fast. By the time you level up they get longer with less time. I was literally stuck on levels for hours trying to get past the mini-game. It felt more like work to me then a game.

The AI was also something that seemed incredibly unfinished or broken. A few weeks prior I had dusted off my PS2 to play some old games, one of them being James Bond Nightfire (2002). The two AI's seemed to perform similarly to each other, sometimes simply standing there while I shoot them, or not react at all. I understand that everything is not perfect either and I have experienced this on other games..AP had them on every level..multiple times (and for arguement sake, I bought my copy at Gamestop for full retail, it was not a "review copy to make deadlines").

The graphics aren't exactly up to par with what most people believe is standard nowadays, but it's still acceptable.

As for the other games you mentioned.

Yes, they all have glitches.

Yes, they all have problems.

Yes, sometimes they were unplayable.

Nothing is ever perfect.

"Fallout 3 wasn't finished until Brotherhood of Steel was availble while glitches made it unplayabale at times."

Fallout was very enjoyable even without any of the DLC. I do not see why you are saying it wasn't "finished" until BoS was released. They decided to continue the story further for the people who wanted to pay, end of story.

"Halo 3 ODST was a rushed game for profit hence the Multiplayer was Halo 3 while it was worth $20."

I don't see how that makes a game unplayable? Its unplayable because they decided to give you Halo 3 Multiplayer with all maps? ODST was to me more story oriented then anything else. Maybe a bit pricey if it were just to include the ODST and Firefight. But its well worth the money when the Halo maps were thrown in.

"MW2 was barely playable because of all the glitches that people found then abused while its playable now because of the multiple patches that were done."

Glitches happen. Glitches get fixed. While somethings in AP can be fixed with a patch others you have to deal with everytime you play it.

"Red Dead Redeption has the most glitches inany game that I have played especially for a Modern game."

I do not know what you are talking about. I've played RDR twice through the story and multiplayer and in that time I've encountered maybe one freeze (after almost 24 hours of continuous play).

"Gears has a good Campaign with Co-Op while the Multiplayer isn't playable except for Horde."

Multiplayer isn't playable. It isn't playable because of the way it works? Or because you are killed too much?

"ME2 has glitches that will crash your game then erase that data."

I've never heard of a single time where ME2 crashes and then erases your data. Maybe if you crash you'll lose SOME unsaved progress but it won't go into your hard drive with a vengence just to piss you off and erase everything.

"AP is a polished game while its surprising that most of the people that are having glitches with it are playing the Reviewer's copy, which is the unfinished version that allows Reviewers to skip parts of the game to meet their Deadlines."

I don't think I would call AP a polished game at all. It has redeeming qualities but the cons still outweigh the pros. Using your "Reviewer's copy" excuse, I guess me and all my friends that purchased AP at Gamestop are all "game reviewers that need to meet deadlines", because all of us experienced the same glitches, quirks, and problems.

@ GSDrag

I see that you have played unfinished games like Fallout 3, Halo 3 ODST, MW2, Read Dead Redemption, Gears series, and ME2 while you do bash AP since you think that its a Mediocore game. All I see is you bashing AP for having similarities to games like mini-games which appear in all RPGs. You bash the grpahics for AP while ME, Fallout 3, Dragon Age, and Gears have the same exact graphics of AP. You can't moan about graphics until the norm is every game looking like Crysis, Uncharted 2, and God of War 3.

Fallout 3's story wasn't finished because all of the Bethesda games can be played in Free Roam even if the story was over hence why Brotherhood of Steel was the Real Ending for it.

ODST was unplayable since nobody cares to play the old Halo 3 Multiplayer for a new game like ODST. I'm sure you wouldn't want to play Reach if it was completely like Halo 3. ODST should only have been worth $20 since it was a short game hence it was called an Expansion pack while the old Halo 3 Multiplayer was keep and most of the people that played it already paid for all of the maps.

MW2 is still glitchy while its playable now while the first 4 months were a glitchfest that MS didn't want IW to repair it. I can easily deal with glitches while you can't since you're moaning about the no existent glitches in AP.

Red Dead Redemption hs many glitches including flying horses/people, horses disappearing into the ground, the whole freezing the game, and now seeing the game code because of the new Co-Op DLC. Its a glitchy game in general while the Reviewers don't comment since THQ bribed them with money.

Gears Multiplayer is unplayable since most of the player are Modders and Hackers that abuse their Host powers while I doubt that you have played it then.

When ME2 first came out tons of people had glitches that would crash your game then erase that data while many Reviewers commented about that. That still happens while it doesn't happen as much now.

All I hear you is bash AP for problems while you praise games that have worse problems like Fallout 3, Halo 3 ODST, MW2, Read Dead Redemption, Gears series, and ME2. If you actually played AP then you wouldn't be saying the same exact things that most of the Reviewers have while they played the Review copy of it because its an unfinished product that allows them to skip parts of the game to meet their Deadlines. The Review Copy is what most publications do since they get a Free gameeven if its unfinished while I guess you haven't talked to a Gaming, Movie, or Book Journalist then. I don't care if you Hate or Love it while I do care that you have played the entire game, you don't blame the game for the lack of skill that you have, and that you don't Mindlessly bash it for no reason. Go somewhere else to Flame.

I see that you have played unfinished games like Fallout 3, Halo 3 ODST, MW2, Read Dead Redemption, Gears series, and ME2 while you do bash AP since you think that its a Mediocore game. All I see is you bashing AP for having similarities to games like mini-games which appear in all RPGs. You bash the grpahics for AP while ME, Fallout 3, Dragon Age, and Gears have the same exact graphics of AP. You can't moan about graphics until the norm is every game looking like Crysis, Uncharted 2, and God of War 3.

Yes, I have played all those games. I disliked the mini-games because of the difficulty of them. Mini-games are supposed to be little things that give you a change of pace in a game. The 12 piece circuit matching, lock picking, and hacking would be perfectly fine (with the hacking being an interesting idea as well) IF they simply gave you a time equivalent to the difficulty. The games became more like work at times, not something you're supposed to feel when playing a video game..

As for the graphics, I said that they were acceptable. I didn't "moan" or bash them. But they are certainly not the same as Mass Effect, Gears, or Fallout.

And for comparison..Alpha Protocol

Fallout 3

Gears of War 2

Mass Effect 2

Fallout 3's story wasn't finished because all of the Bethesda games can be played in Free Roam even if the story was over hence why Brotherhood of Steel was the Real Ending for it.

I do not understand..Have you played Fallout? The original Fallout ending stopped you from playing there was no free roam to be had. BoS added that along with additional optional storyline.

And if that is not what you meant (your sentences are hard to decipher). Just because Bethesda has games that allow you keep playing past the ending doesn't mean that they are bound by some law to have all their games like that.

ODST was unplayable since nobody cares to play the old Halo 3 Multiplayer for a new game like ODST. I'm sure you wouldn't want to play Reach if it was completely like Halo 3. ODST should only have been worth $20 since it was a short game hence it was called an Expansion pack while the old Halo 3 Multiplayer was keep and most of the people that played it already paid for all of the maps.

Please do explain how ODST is unplayable because it included all the Halo 3 multiplayer map packs (including an unreleased pack). And nobody cares about Halo 3 multiplayer? I guess that explains why Halo 3 remains at the top (#2 behind MW2) of XBL's activity charts.

MW2 is still glitchy while its playable now while the first 4 months were a glitchfest that MS didn't want IW to repair it. I can easily deal with glitches while you can't since you're moaning about the no existent glitches in AP.

"A glitch is a short-lived fault.."

I'll agree that MW2 had it's fairshare of glitches. But that has since been done away with and fixed. I don't know where you get information from...Microsoft never told IW not to fix the glitches. In fact they banned the people who continously exploited them to keep the game playable for the time being while IW worked on a patch.

You are also comparing a multiplayer experience with a singleplayer one. People will always try to find new glitches to get an upper hand online. So unless AP has some hidden online gameplay they are seperate things. Online gameplay is also unique in that it is not 100% controled, there can always be something that the developers never expected would happen. Whereas they can control the single player experience more and thus make sure there are no major problems.

AP was also delayed almost an entire year. During that year long period they were supposed to improve the game, polish it, and test it. Or at least they were supposed to. I really wonder what they did during that time. Or what kind of testers (if any) they had.

Red Dead Redemption hs many glitches including flying horses/people, horses disappearing into the ground, the whole freezing the game, and now seeing the game code because of the new Co-Op DLC. Its a glitchy game in general while the Reviewers don't comment since THQ bribed them with money.

I've never heard of or experienced any of this. I've been through the story mode twice and played multiplayer. You also seem quite intent on believing that everyone is bribed to write a good review. If you believe that then, why didn't Sega give out bribes for a good review?

Gears Multiplayer is unplayable since most of the player are Modders and Hackers that abuse their Host powers while I doubt that you have played it then.

The mulitplayer isn't broken or unplayable at all. Its all have to do with the way Gears handles their online. If the host has a bad upload speed then everyone else will have a bad connection while the host is flawless. There are no such things as "host powers". Its not like Epic Games makes you a god everytime you are the host. And for the people that have normal decent connections there is no advantage for the host, he's just another player.

When ME2 first came out tons of people had glitches that would crash your game then erase that data while many Reviewers commented about that. That still happens while it doesn't happen as much now.

Please enlighten me and show me this supposed erase glitch. Because I certainly haven't heard anything about it.

All I hear you is bash AP for problems while you praise games that have worse problems like Fallout 3, Halo 3 ODST, MW2, Read Dead Redemption, Gears series, and ME2. If you actually played AP then you wouldn't be saying the same exact things that most of the Reviewers have while they played the Review copy of it because its an unfinished product that allows them to skip parts of the game to meet their Deadlines. The Review Copy is what most publications do since they get a Free gameeven if its unfinished while I guess you haven't talked to a Gaming, Movie, or Book Journalist then. I don't care if you Hate or Love it while I do care that you have played the entire game, you don't blame the game for the lack of skill that you have, and that you don't Mindlessly bash it for no reason. Go somewhere else to Flame.

I have played AP. I have finished AP. I don't have a "review copy", I have the regular retail version that any old schmuck can pick up. I experienced the most glitches in my lifetime on a supposedly "finished and polished" game. No other game has given me the trouble AP did. So I am a bit confused when you say that Fallout, Halo, MW2, and all those other games have bigger problems then AP.

I have played the entire game...it looked good on paper. It was an interesting idea. It had potential, I'll give it that. But it was executed poorly.

I am also not "mindlessly bash it for no reason". I explained everything and my reasons for it.

@Blueprotoss: It is fine that you really like AP, but you are in complete denial of its shortcomings it seems. I really enjoy it too- I like the story, conversations, mission structure and the way your choices really influence the story. But the shooting/fighting mechanics, AI, animations, graphics, and so on, are real lacklusters.

No matter what, the other games you are mentioning, are just much, much better overall than AP. The other two RPG's you mention are in a totally different league, and the only thing you bash them for are problems that I have never even heard of. MW2 and RDR certainly have/had a few glitches, but they have never been unplayable because of them- something I don't believe AP is either, but it does lack a lot of qualities, which keeps it from ever being anything more than a decent game.

Besides, Blueprotoss, you are the only one here who comes near flaming anything/anyone. GSDrag, explained how he felt about the game and gave his reasons for it. Then you begin explaining why his opinions are "wrong", because "this and that game also have glitches and this and that game is broken". This is the AP forum- why should he comment on other games than AP here? And why bring other games into this that doesn't even come close to showing problems to the same extent as AP? Besides, as AP is a single player game only, you should really compare it to MW2's SP experience rather than MP.

Like/dislike the game for what it is, but you cannot compare it to games like RDR, Mass Effect, Fallout 3 and the like. Yes, they have their few shortcomings and glitches, but in general they do form a complete package of quality which AP just doesn't. But I'm certainly enjoying AP anyway, though- I'm just not kidding myself about its apparent problems :)

Edited by Ink129

I don't understand. What glitches are you talking about? I didn't experience any. Fallout 3 was, in my experience, by far the glitchiest game of those mentioned. It's still pretty much my favorite game, but sometimes I specifically avoid certain situations for fear of some glitch or other fucking up my game.

Seriously, what glitches have you experienced in AP?

Okay, the only shortcomings in this game that I find are the graphics, animations, and very linear level design. Other then that this game is awesome!!! I can't really complain about those issues either because they do nothing to break this game at all! It's only nit-picking.

I have found NO glitches what so ever. The enemy A.I seems fine to me, they go for cover and sometimes try and flank me, and they also dodge a lot of my melee shots as well which is cool.

About the shooting complaints.....THIS IS AN RPG!!! The shooting gets better and more precise as you keep playing and leveling up! It is suppose to suck in the beginning of the game!

Pacing, dialogue, and story are all top notch! Actions and consequences are perfectly executed throughout and conversation options are perfect!

Maybe it is because you guys play the shit out of your xbox's but I have never had any glitches like some of your are upset about!?

When trying to perform certain actions, using zipline, turn on television, or using some other device prompted by the :abut:-button, sometimes the :abut:-button doesn't show and you cannot perform the action unless you reload a save. And seeing how far back a checkpoint can be at times, this can be a hassle.

Also, the cover-system is pretty flawed. Someplaces you just dont seem to be able to take cover, although it seems like you can, or you have to position yourself just right for it to happen.

The AI is just too dumb. Maneuvring up and down stairs even though you are shooting at them and standing in the open.

And even though I play with the lowest sensitivity it can be hard to aim properly, because it moves to fast, especially when performing the chain shot action. Also, the camera controls aren't responsive enough in tighter spaces.

Some are glitches, some are design flaws, but AP just has more of these than the biggest games out there, and these things hold it back. I'm still enjoying it, especially since the choices and dialogue system works so well, and I also find the stealth to be good.

But apparently glitches appear to some people and not others. I have never experienced anything in Fallout 3 that would "fuck up" my game. I haven't even seen the "flying people"- glitch in RDR or seen people instead of animals (cougarmen and whatnot) or the other way around.

AP has some high points, but, unfortunately, also a lot of low points. It was far from meeting the expectations from before launch, and I think it should have been a smoother experience in a lot of areas. Like or dislike it for what it is- a flawed but, in some aspects, also a fun experience. My opinion ;)

When trying to perform certain actions, using zipline, turn on television, or using some other device prompted by the :abut:-button, sometimes the :abut:-button doesn't show and you cannot perform the action unless you reload a save. And seeing how far back a checkpoint can be at times, this can be a hassle.

Also, the cover-system is pretty flawed. Someplaces you just dont seem to be able to take cover, although it seems like you can, or you have to position yourself just right for it to happen.

The AI is just too dumb. Maneuvring up and down stairs even though you are shooting at them and standing in the open.

And even though I play with the lowest sensitivity it can be hard to aim properly, because it moves to fast, especially when performing the chain shot action. Also, the camera controls aren't responsive enough in tighter spaces.

Some are glitches, some are design flaws, but AP just has more of these than the biggest games out there, and these things hold it back. I'm still enjoying it, especially since the choices and dialogue system works so well, and I also find the stealth to be good.

But apparently glitches appear to some people and not others. I have never experienced anything in Fallout 3 that would "fuck up" my game. I haven't even seen the "flying people"- glitch in RDR or seen people instead of animals (cougarmen and whatnot) or the other way around.

AP has some high points, but, unfortunately, also a lot of low points. It was far from meeting the expectations from before launch, and I think it should have been a smoother experience in a lot of areas. Like or dislike it for what it is- a flawed but, in some aspects, also a fun experience. My opinion ;)

I see your point and I respect your opinions 100%. I too

have also never found any glitches in RDR at all!