Original Gamer Achievement Guide (Fanorona, Morris + Bowls)

Pavonis

Hey everyone!

I created a guide for the Original Gamer achievement which includes completing Fanorona, Morris and Bowls in the Homestead. Hope you enjoy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98ck7At8r0w]Assassin's Creed 3 - Original Gamer Achievement / Trophy Guide - YouTube[/ame]

Any suggestions, comments, questions and concerns feel free to post! :)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I read somewhere that the first 7 AI moves in Fanorona and Morris are random, purely so people can't make guides where everyone can just follow moves in the perfect game.

Think i'm gonna find this achievement tough. I won Morris the first time I played but im pretty sure that was on beginner. Fanorona I didn't enjoy at all when I played it on the ship.

Thanks! I used your method (with some slightly different moves towards the end) for Morris to get the achievement.

Think I read somewhere that the first 7 AI moves in Fanorona and Morris are random, purely so people can't make guides where everyone can just follow moves in the perfect game.

Think i'm gonna find this achievement tough. I won Morris the first time I played but im pretty sure that was on beginner. Fanorona I didn't enjoy at all when I played it on the ship.

No, you will get some games where the CPU makes the exact same moves as in the video.

Also got the same moves in Fanorona.

Thanks a lot Pavonis, didn't need to scratch my head :)

Thanks a lot! After 10 attempts, Achilles finally followed the same steps as the AI in your game haha My deepest gratitude as it seemed impossible to win by myself lol Now, off to play the other two games.

Glad it helped! I'm also happy to know that they AI will sometimes follow the exact same patterns! :)

I started these games thinking I would smash them, because I'm pretty good at these things. Now, I'm glad I'll never have to play Fano-fucking-whatever in real life. I can consistently get him down to 3 pieces left, and he always finds a way to knock me down to 0 from whatever number I have!

I started these games thinking I would smash them, because I'm pretty good at these things. Now, I'm glad I'll never have to play Fano-fucking-whatever in real life. I can consistently get him down to 3 pieces left, and he always finds a way to knock me down to 0 from whatever number I have!

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Three pieces every time, I wanted to flip the table into his smug-ass, finger-tapping face. I'm sorry for asking, but I am at work and cannot view the video; where are the locations for the other two games? And is Fanorona available to play on the Homestead against a different opponent?

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Three pieces every time, I wanted to flip the table into his smug-ass, finger-tapping face. I'm sorry for asking, but I am at work and cannot view the video; where are the locations for the other two games? And is Fanorona available to play on the Homestead against a different opponent?

Hey Floydian,

The other two locations are on the Homestead as well. They are south from the Manor and are right near each other. To my knowledge there is only Achilles to face for Fanorona! Try the strategy in my video and it will work eventually (according to a poster above, thanks!).

I hate fanorona I'd get him good take out like 6 pieces then he come and just destroy me. Hate his smug ass so cocky about it too when he makes a good move.

It was very frustrating for me as well. If you really want to do it in one shot sit down and look at every possible situation (yours vs opponents) that moving a piece will make. Takes a long time, but, you will make less mistakes and greatly increase your odds of winning.

Thanks a LOT for the Fanorona guide. I honestly must have spent a solid 3-4 hours trying to beat this legit. It was heartbreaking to lose with advantages of like 5 to 2 and doing some great combo only for him to once twice as good. So thanks a lot

- If you follow the videos exact move and quit when a different move is made you should get the exact scenario after about 5-10 games.

Thanks a LOT for the Fanorona guide. I honestly must have spent a solid 3-4 hours trying to beat this legit. It was heartbreaking to lose with advantages of like 5 to 2 and doing some great combo only for him to once twice as good. So thanks a lot

- If you follow the videos exact move and quit when a different move is made you should get the exact scenario after about 5-10 games.

There you have it! Congratulations! :) Two people have confirmed the AI will eventually follow the same pattern so don't give up! :)

I'm so burnt out on this achievement I must of played "Nine Man Morris" about 200+ times i cant seem to get the same moves as in any of the guides I've seen and I sure as hell cant win it on my own...its like every move he makes is perfect!

I think I'm done trying for a long while.

I'm so burnt out on this achievement I must of played "Nine Man Morris" about 200+ times i cant seem to get the same moves as in any of the guides I've seen and I sure as hell cant win it on my own...its like every move he makes is perfect!

I think I'm done trying for a long while.

Morris had to be the easiest for me. Use my strategy of chips on both corners and then chip one of the corners. Then for sure you can get to kill one of their pieces. Make sure to stop their 3 whenever you can.

Cannot seem to win at Morris. Trying to follow the guide but cant the video moves a bit too quickly while trying to listen to what you're saying. Won once in Boston but just cannot on the homestead

The clue is trying to block his moves, and not trying to do a three stones in a row...