Differances between Lost Planet?

Sh4d0w5h1ft3r

I have the first Lost Planet, and I was wondering, is there a huge significant differance in Lost Planet: Colonies, to make it worth buying too? I really enjoyed the first Lost Planet ( I need to get the second one, I'm waiting for it to go cheaper) But if the Colonies edition is very similar to the first game, I might pass on it. Anyone care to enlighten me as to what is new/different with this version?

Nope. Here's a link for gamespot.com that lists the difference between both games. I got the colonies edition only because I never played the previous edition. If you've been through the original already you haven't missed much of anything. If you play this game on multi-player over Xbox Live, you will get to see most of the content added. That was the real point of this release over the original... more online stuff. The achievements are very different as well.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/lostplanetcolonies/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-43733770&pid=945092

Edited by XY Gameboi4Ever

Thanks for the link. It seems that there is a bit of new stuff for this game, but unfortunately, I don't think that it would really be enough for me to buy it. If I see it for CRAZY cheap, then maybe I'll consider it ... but as of right now, I'm not thinking about getting it soon. Thank you again for the info!

No problem. Anytime. I'm now more concerned with the difference between the achievements. I had never played Lost Planet before so the Colonies edition seemed like the best choice since it had everything plus. The Colonies edition has harder achievements and the online multi-player focus isn't really my thing. 34 of the 50 achievements are for online play... I wish I would have looked at that first.

Does anyone know if the difficulty is different in general? It seems like there are more Akrid than what I see in the YouTube videos when I play. The NextGenWalkthrough videos are supposed to be on extreme, but I never really thought they were because the dude was always fighting less enemies than I was. Maybe its just me and my luck.

I know right!? I'm trying to get extreme done and I have to fight off SWARMS of Akrid and at times I just get mauled into nothing ... but some of the videos on Youtube and stuff make it look like a breeze ... what the heck man? It's been a long time since I played, but I'm trying to boost some of the online achievements. I'd invite you, but if you don't have the original Lost Planet ... that doesn't really work ... :(

See! Something is up with those videos. You even have the regular version so I don't even know what to say about it. Thanks for considering an invite though. I'm so far behind on games that most of the time there is no one to play with anyways, or like in this case, I have another edition. Its lame but whatever. It will get done somehow.

Yeah. That's a problem I've been running into. I have a game that I'm close to finishing or something and all that is left is online achievements. But, unfortunately, the online communities are usually dead. Sure, we have the boosting party threads and stuff, but sometimes getting a session set up is a pain. It's hit and miss (I've had some really nice boosting partners) but it's hard to coordinate. Oh, I looked at your profile and saw Enchanted Arms ... I've played a little ... VERY little and liked what I saw. What do you think? I've heard it's an easy 1000g too, would you agree with that? Just from all the games you have listed, you my friend... have GREAT taste in games. RPG FTW!!!!! :D

Enchanted Arms is an easy 1000. No sidequest achievements just progression. Its almost an automatic 1000 if you beat it. I am used to rpgs though.

Lost Planet was out of the norm for me. Ever since I got a 360, I started completing games and doing all the side stuff for achievements. Achievements are the only reason I play games online. I'm glad I have a shooter, but I know I can't play Call of Duty or Halo well... at least not yet. Still, Lost Planet 2 is on my radar. This Colonies edition will force me out of my comfort zone. I don't know if that's good or bad. I had a problem finding people to play online with in Marvel Ultimate Alliance. It didn't help that I had the gold edition either. You're right. Even with the booster thread in forums, its hard to find someone to accomplish anything with. Let alone more than one. Since I like to get all 1000g in a game, it sucks that I unwittingly picked the multi-player version. I know that I would already have most of the achievements in the regular version since I've completed the campaign and found all target marks on all difficulties. I'd at least have more than 85g for that game....

I'm glad you approve of my choice in games. Thank you.