Special Clothing Crate

CloudMir

Do these ever drop? I know there's supposed to be a rare crate with a piece of clothing, and once I got yellow "5 hours until special crate drop" and "3 hours until special crate drop" notifications, but nothing ever came of them.

Is this just another thing that doesn't work yet, or has someone got one?

Happened upon a special crate yesterday - minigun, $5000 and a decent amount of RP (I think also 5K, but not sure). the t-shirt then unlocks at the shops. Just thought I was going after a normal crate until I saw what was in it.

It'll come in time.

There's no "special clothes crate", I believe you're getting confused by the T-shirt that is unlocked by the Platinum Award (Salvaged) for collecting a special crate.

The timer for special crate drops seems a bit iffy at times, when the notice pops up, your best bet is to do nothing (well, steal a helicopter, it's great for getting to the drops first) until the 'crate incoming' notice appears.

Once you've picked up the yellow (the area/icon still looked green to me!?) crate, the t-shirt is available from your wardrobe... Shame you can't change the colour of it...

Once the Beach Bums 'DLC' is released (or any other 'DLC'), I'm expecting an increase in Special Crate drops for awhile (specially since the Salvaged award has "Pick up DLC Crate" written on it), it'll be interesting to see what they'll have (likely just one of the new wepons they're promising us, but maybe it could even give you some of the new clothes?)

There's no "special clothes crate", I believe you're getting confused by the T-shirt that is unlocked by the Platinum Award (Salvaged) for collecting a special crate.

There's no "confused"; if you get a reward of being able to buy the shirt via this special crate, it may as well be in it. I guess it was just affected by the same glitch where it tells you a typical crate inbound is coming and then nothing ever arrives.

There's no "confused"

So there really is a "special clothing crate"? :p

Also, you do not need to 'buy' either of the unlockable t-shirts, they are free to select from the t-shirt clothing selection (in a apartment/shop/etc)

Edited by Doktor Wilhelm
Just thought I'd add a bit more info about the t-shirts! Yay!

The crates don't arrive as long as people are already waiting in the green area ...

One time I was going for a crate and waited directly beside the green circle. Soon I discovered that it took longer than usual for the crate to arrive. Then I discovered some other guy was waiting for the same crate, but he was already in the green circle. So I sniped him, he respawned outside of the green area and the crate dropped immediately ...

My theory: as long as people are waiting for inside the green circle the crate does not arrive ...

The crates don't arrive as long as people are already waiting in the green area ...

That's not the issue; the issue was there was never any circle to begin with, or notice that a special crate had been dropped. There was a countdown saying one of these special crates would be coming, but nothing ever came of it.

That's not the issue; the issue was there was never any circle to begin with, or notice that a special crate had been dropped. There was a countdown saying one of these special crates would be coming, but nothing ever came of it.

You do have to watch out, as sometimes it drops later than the countdown states.

Though one time, half the players in the session just headed off to a random location and started killing each other (after there was 3 hour 'til drop notice, but no drop), I often wonder if they got a notice of drop and could see the special crate and were fighting over it, but there was no notice of a crate dropping for myself, and then after awhile they all seemed to head off on their own ways. :confused: