Getting all the gold in the clouds in Chapter 7

I'm guessing you need the wing boots to get on the last cloud on the right? I'm trying to farm some boots from the 4 ghosts that are up in the clouds, but they never seem to drop any, just hourglasses and point objects.

Is there a hidden spring or something? ive tried jumping at the very end of previous cloud but I never make it.

You do need wing boots and, yes, it's a bullshit achievement.

The best way to do it is to buy all the best stuff early on so the shop in the level before the clouds allows you to buy wing boots; then hurry like a madman through the clouds before the boots run out. I was lucky enough to have a save not too far before the clouds so I could re-play once I realized, but I think anyone who doesn't simply has to start over.

For a bit easier time, you should rush to the very far right of the clouds with the wing boots as quickly as possible, that way the glide power will last long enough so you can reach the last cloud, then after that, you can safely backtrack and pick up the rest of the money bags. ^^

By the time you have the Legendary Boots, in one of the doors in that same level, you can buy Wing Boots. Then you can run to the platform that takes you to the clouds.

Thanks for the great tip. Y'all are right the best way to do this is to buy all the boot upgrades ASAP and then save right after you talk to the elephant in rd. 7 that tells you to go west and use the platform. There's a shoe shop to the left of the platform. buy wing boots there and hurry to the platform and through the clouds to the right like a mofo. If you hurry and use glide you have just enough time to do it.

Thanks for the great tip. Y'all are right the best way to do this is to buy all the boot upgrades ASAP and then save right after you talk to the elephant in rd. 7 that tells you to go west and use the platform. There's a shoe shop to the left of the platform. buy wing boots there and hurry to the platform and through the clouds to the right like a mofo. If you hurry and use glide you have just enough time to do it.

That's exactly what I did. I had no problem getting the Achievement this way.

Finished this game... time to move on to Wonder Boy in Monster World.