Official bitching thread!

bwfcskillsinhd

Okay, fuck this shit game and it's fucking human effigy/half health system! 30 hours in and it looks like i have to start a new game :mad:

No effigies to be found and the only places i can go are 3 bosses, everything one hit kills me so don't even start on the bosses (although i tried, a lot)

Ring of binding wil make your health around 75-80% always, its relatively a must for 1st playthrough. effigies can be farmed easily from dogs if absolutely needed though there are other methods to gain them (such as killing the firekeepers for 9, though if you wish to respec later on you will need 13k to res her spirit). If you are really having trouble w/ bosses try going in naked and getting evading down.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all about finding the chink in the armor, or getting ahead of the curve. Being the masochist I am, I started with the Deprived class (and am still going with it at SL 142), had one hell of a horrible time in the beginning, and persevered. Now that I have my Faraam armor ( :D ) and the Black Knight Halberd, I'm really breezing through the game.

There's really nothing to complain about that's the game's fault. People will be dicks, and it's always going to be rough in the beginning. I knew this from the start. But now that I'm at the Dragon Aerie, I'm reaping the rewards.

Also, I don't mind the death penalty. Demon's Souls was worse, and there's the Ring of Binding. Hell, there's even a shrine later on in the game that gives you free humanity if you're all out of Effigies.

Honestly I do get annoyed when I see people complain about healing in pvp. When I bought the game I didn't sign up to some Dark souls community code of conduct regarding pvp. If you invade me I'll play by my own rules especially in the belltower where the covenant members have the advantage.

Of course if its an actual summon sign duel then fair enough I wouldnt heal, but when people randomly invade me while i'm doing some PvE I'll do whatever I can to survive.

I mean, that's fair enough. I just felt annoyed in that particular situation. It was a 1v1 the whole time basically, not to mention the guy I was invading was playing some dirty tricks. He was up at the top with the bell throwing down poison/toxic mists whenever we used the ladder (which killed the other phantom before he even got up there). Once I finally got up there, I was doing some of the best dodging I've done in a while. But he always threw down some toxic mist and strafed around a pillar to heal real quick before I could finish him off (3 times).

soo let me get this straight.. i dont want to play pvp at all right now, but people can keep invading me nonstop in my game and if i quit i get punished to where i cant coop unless i use an item but people can keep ruining my experience and invading? makes perfect sense...

soo let me get this straight.. i dont want to play pvp at all right now, but people can keep invading me nonstop in my game and if i quit i get punished to where i cant coop unless i use an item but people can keep ruining my experience and invading? makes perfect sense...

Part of the "artificial difficulty" they've been so good at implementing since Demon's Souls.

Player interaction will make or break you. Literally. If you choose to help others, you're rewarded fairly well. If you choose to be malicious against others, you're actually punished but can continue doing it, therefore acting as an apt reward for the griefer.

If it's such a problem, the Party Chat trick still works- and most of the NPC summons (other than Lucatiel and Felicia) are decent help. You could always try that, or burn Effigys at Bonfires to lower your chances of getting invaded.

Also, if you're out of Human Effigys and want to turn human you could just coop until you restore your Humanity. Or you can do it for free if you're far enough into the game… but that's about 7/8s into the game. :/

Edited by Hagane

i mean i love the coop in the game alot. but my internet would lag even if i wanted to pvp so its just not something i want to mess with. does the chat still count as a illegal disconnect? cause i was dashboarding when i got the message.

If you attempt it while you're getting invaded, I would think so. But I can't say for certain.

From what I understand, FromSoft's "soft-ban" on being able to summon others/invade others is aimed at people that terminate their connection from a multiplayer session, meaning it could possibly affect even those with crappy internet.

hmmm. im gonna have to test that theory out. also i can see them doing soft bans for people who quit out of duels but i think for invasions its stupid. o well. guess im continuing ng+ offline lol its an amazing game dont get me wrong, just dont like the forced pvp. if i wanted to fight id go duel in one of the convenants

hmmm. im gonna have to test that theory out. also i can see them doing soft bans for people who quit out of duels but i think for invasions its stupid. o well. guess im continuing ng+ offline lol its an amazing game dont get me wrong, just dont like the forced pvp. if i wanted to fight id go duel in one of the convenants

I've been playing the entire NG+ offline, because of blue sentinels invading me 24/7 even though I have not sinned in NG+. Kinda sucks to miss out on jolly co-operation, but I hate being bothered after clearing out a tough area.

I want to bitch about myself. So I got my ass whooped in the last section of the game (trying) to collect the giant souls, so I restarted as a sorcerer, because I figured "hey, I want to get all the achievements, so why not play it safe?". Got the clothing of Straid and then...went mad. Because apparently his hood does not only increase spellcastingtime, but also gives you +2 on faith (without being mentioned in the description). So I noticed I had 15 faith in the player status, but everytime I went to level up I only had 13. So I figured its a glitch or I'm going crazy. Took off the hood. Everything normal, just figured the restart I did solved it. Put it back on, and there it was again. My point is: It took me way too long to realize where the 2 points were coming from.

PS: If that doesn't qualify to be here: Screw Sinner's Rise. For real. Hate it. The water, the abominations, the mummydudes, the fact that lucatiel is so far away from the boss fog (which means you pretty much have to clear the way and then walk back, since she is a little bit slow in the brainsection), the boss, the fact that apparently no one I get summoned to lights up the room (I just want to dish out hugs...with magic...preferably in the back...a lot), that I can't open the doors for them, that I keep getting disconnected from multiplayer sessions. Screw that place. Not as bad as shrine of amana. But close. The lore behind the boss fight (at least my interpretation of it) doesn't make it worth it, sorry.

Ring of binding wil make your health around 75-80% always, its relatively a must for 1st playthrough. effigies can be farmed easily from dogs if absolutely needed though there are other methods to gain them (such as killing the firekeepers for 9, though if you wish to respec later on you will need 13k to res her spirit). If you are really having trouble w/ bosses try going in naked and getting evading down.

Thanx for reminding me that the dogs drop them! Unfortunately i depleted No man's wharf of dogs and in the 5 or so runs i had left in the bastille only one effigy dropped (even with the ring on and a luck coin)

But that effigy helped me kill the Royal rat and in the well in brightstone cove i found FIVE effigies! Those will help me along.

I want to bitch about myself. So I got my ass whooped in the last section of the game (trying) to collect the giant souls, so I restarted as a sorcerer, because I figured "hey, I want to get all the achievements, so why not play it safe?". Got the clothing of Straid and then...went mad. Because apparently his hood does not only increase spellcastingtime, but also gives you +2 on faith (without being mentioned in the description). So I noticed I had 15 faith in the player status, but everytime I went to level up I only had 13. So I figured its a glitch or I'm going crazy. Took off the hood. Everything normal, just figured the restart I did solved it. Put it back on, and there it was again. My point is: It took me way too long to realize where the 2 points were coming from.

PS: If that doesn't qualify to be here: Screw Sinner's Rise. For real. Hate it. The water, the abominations, the mummydudes, the fact that lucatiel is so far away from the boss fog (which means you pretty much have to clear the way and then walk back, since she is a little bit slow in the brainsection), the boss, the fact that apparently no one I get summoned to lights up the room (I just want to dish out hugs...with magic...preferably in the back...a lot), that I can't open the doors for them, that I keep getting disconnected from multiplayer sessions. Screw that place. Not as bad as shrine of amana. But close. The lore behind the boss fight (at least my interpretation of it) doesn't make it worth it, sorry.

I found that regarding Lucatiel I could just summon her and run past all the monsters to the boss fog gate. I did this successfully on ng+ and ng++ and she didn't take any significant damage getting to me. I may have just been super lucky but its worth a shot.

I jus got an update today. Its version 1.02 anyone know what the update did?

Never mind. Apparently fixes online issues. That's good I got pissed off whenever someone tried to summon me and it failed so I had to exit and reload the game to get back online

Edited by Lewie B I ReQ

Honestly I do get annoyed when I see people complain about healing in pvp. When I bought the game I didn't sign up to some Dark souls community code of conduct regarding pvp. If you invade me I'll play by my own rules especially in the belltower where the covenant members have the advantage.

Of course if its an actual summon sign duel then fair enough I wouldnt heal, but when people randomly invade me while i'm doing some PvE I'll do whatever I can to survive.

This...^5 I never invaded anyone in DS1 and probably won't in DS2 I think it's a crappy way to ruin someone's experience. They should make a 'ring of acceptance' for those who are ok with being invaded lol. Bottom line I don't want to die and will do whatever is necessary to stay that way.While exploring the belfry the first time I was invaded with 20k souls. Then got jobbed by the gnomes rushing up to reclaim them. Here's an idea though if you invade someone and they don't bow, either leave as they don't want to duel or accept an potentially 'unsportsmanlike' fight.

This...^5 I never invaded anyone in DS1 and probably won't in DS2 I think it's a crappy way to ruin someone's experience. They should make a 'ring of acceptance' for those who are ok with being invaded lol. Bottom line I don't want to die and will do whatever is necessary to stay that way.While exploring the belfry the first time I was invaded with 20k souls. Then got jobbed by the gnomes rushing up to reclaim them. Here's an idea though if you invade someone and they don't bow, either leave as they don't want to duel or accept an potentially 'unsportsmanlike' fight.

I'm actually ok with being invaded most of the time as I've become used to it since the good old days of Demon Souls, but sometimes I'm just not in the mood to deal with it, especially when I'm just trying to make actual story progression, or died multiple times to a boss and just want to get back to it and retry.

I know I could just play offline mode and I did for the belfry areas after getting invaded every time I took 5 steps, but I actually like seeing all the messages and bloodstains as it makes the world feel less empty plus I like co-oping for bosses.

Bottom line invasion is part of the game and I accept that, I just wish there were a few more ways to avoid it.

I like this game, but I don't love it like I do Dark Souls.

My biggest gripe is the input delay that seems to occur on a regular basis. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

The cooked in "easy" mode is a little off putting for me too. Honestly, the only way to experience a "true" Souls game is to join the Covenant of Champions at the very start. It took a bit to adjust to the new mechanics, but once you, the game gets far too easy for the most part. This covenant, at least, ensures you get the "This is Dark Souls" experience.

While the game looks beautiful and plays well for the most part, there's just something that is overall less appealing to me, compared to the first. A lot of the bosses are mediocre (some are just outright pointless) and though there are a ton more areas, most of them seem very, very small.

I will keep playing for certain (it is Dark Souls afterall), but I am a little disappointed.

I'm actually ok with being invaded most of the time as I've become used to it since the good old days of Demon Souls, but sometimes I'm just not in the mood to deal with it, especially when I'm just trying to make actual story progression, or died multiple times to a boss and just want to get back to it and retry.

I know I could just play offline mode and I did for the belfry areas after getting invaded every time I took 5 steps, but I actually like seeing all the messages and bloodstains as it makes the world feel less empty plus I like co-oping for bosses.

Bottom line invasion is part of the game and I accept that, I just wish there were a few more ways to avoid it.

Those people in the rat covenant are the worst they pull you to their world so you get attacked by npc enemies and they try to poison you and everything. Proper cheap dirty dishonorable b*****ds they are

It may be underhanded, but I've not been above starting an XBL party while being invaded before, it automatically puts you in offline mode without the risk of losing progress by dashboarding.

I'm not going to lose my humanity when I've used all my spell casts on enemies because it's the "honourable" thing to do when invaded.

Honestly, my only complaint thus far is that this game seems much easier to me than the first one. I shouldn't say much easier, but not nearly as hard. I agree that it's much more playable and accessible, but I'm finding myself dying WAY less than I did in Dark Souls. I suppose it's possible that I'm just used to the way these games play now, and I have more experience, but still. It's cool, though, because I love this game.

Oh, I should add that it seems that when I press the B button to dash the game doesn't respond sometimes. I fairly certain it's not my controller that is the problem, either.

Edited by Tylosargerchia

Honestly, my only complaint thus far is that this game seems much easier to me than the first one. I shouldn't say much easier, but not nearly as hard. I agree that it's much more playable and accessible, but I'm finding myself dying WAY less than I did in Dark Souls. I suppose it's possible that I'm just used to the way these games play now, and I have more experience, but still. It's cool, though, because I love this game.

Oh, I should add that it seems that when I press the B button to dash the game doesn't respond sometimes. I fairly certain it's not my controller that is the problem, either.

its not your controller . this game has some imput delay issues or something a lot of people have this problem