Ranks going to reset soon?

ClutchPapi34

That is such a baseless statement... "A few people" told you? You shouldn't spread rumors that have no evidence to back them up, I heard from several people that spreading rumors like that causes stupid. Yes, I meant to write it like that, with bad grammar.

I asked if this is true. That is why I put a question mark(?) at the end of the thread title. Sorry you didn't understand.

that would suck if that happened. some of us have actually earned those ranks.

He said that you would keep your rank, so I am guessing the skill level and exp points would be lost.

It is absurd to try to falsify a rumor, ClutchPapi34 should be trying to prove to us that it is true and based on facts. If you wanted to know if the ranks were going to be reset, a thread title like, "Are the ranks going to be reset?" would have been more appropriate. The way it is now sounds like an uncertain statement. To answer that question though; We have not heard any information about the ranks getting reset. There is no reason for you to worry about losing rank other than getting pwned in ranked matches.

That is such a baseless statement... "A few people" told you? You shouldn't spread rumors that have no evidence to back them up, I heard from several people that spreading rumors like that causes stupid. Yes, I meant to write it like that, with bad grammar.

what a dick.

go jump off a bridge.

It happened in Halo 2.

:) Agreed :)

Nice double post, now you can go join the leaderboards...

You are so confusing, are the leaderboards going to reset or not? Do you have any information? Honestly, why do you want to start rumors like this? Why do you clutter the boards with threads that are totally pointless?

Halo2 stats got reset at least 3 times.

Exactly, and if this does happen (Which until i see bungie.net release it..i won't believe it) we will continue to play...and if you don't continue to play..oh well bungies got your money anyway...and if you play for just the rank..then i'm sorry you aren't enjoying yourself. :uzi:

I would be so upset if Bungie reset the Exp and whatnot. I haven't even reached Spartan Officer Ranking yet because I like to play other games, so I'd have to start all over again. It wouldn't stop me from playing it, though, because I want my money's worth for the game, and I still have more Online Achievements to complete.

I doubt that this will happen. If Bungie did that, they would lose more from that then they would gain.

Every game that has had any ranking system has had rumors that they will reset. To date, none have. It won't happen.

Are you kidding? It happened in Halo 2 multiple times and the only people who quit playing were sore losers and the cheaters that were banned.

The rank isn't what matters. In fact they should have left it invisible like they were going to do from the beginning. It just gets you into pool of players who shoot and think like you do. It takes no time to do this, its your natural 'default'.

Experience on the other hand is another story. Its an accumulative count of how many games you've played versus games you've quit during. It doesn't make a difference to legitimate players or cheaters. Its not bragging right, in fact its how little your social life is. 100 EXP? Meh, 10009 EXP? Whatever. You get the point; theres no incentive to 'raise' your EXP, you can't LOSE experience. You gain experience at anything you do whether you win or lose (other than Halo).

Resetting EXP is comparable to reset your Achievements.