Episode 1 choices (obvious spoilers)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see my choices where:

1. Stopped to help Christa. Had absolutely no intention of abandoning her. 89.7%
  2. Killed the dog. It may have attacked Clementine but I wasn't going to leave it to die slowly like that. 87.9%
  3. Accepted Nick's apology. He apologized and I accepted nothing more to it. 90.8%
  4. Gave water to the dying man. Clementine had already asked about Christa so I thought this would help determine if he'd answer you or not. 69.2%
  5. Went with Pete. Because of the first season I already believe this will just affect the journey and still have a fixed outcome down the line. I also want to see how it plays out with him bitten rather than abandoning him. 49.6%

I noticed one of my choices from a previous episode (episode 5 of first season) didn't register properly with this episode. While Clementine is eating Luke comments about the bite and the scar it'll leave. So I have her respond with it's better then losing the arm and this leads to her pointing out she had a friend who lost their arm. Either I'm forgetting someone or this is referencing Lee which goes against how I played the choice out.

I never in any playthrough had Lee's arm removed. In fact when it shows a summary of previous events at the beginning of this episode Lee had both of his arms attached when Clementine last saw him handcuffed to a radiator. Also I had Clementine handcuff the zombie instead of Lee so he shouldn't have been handcuffed in the first place.

I hope this doesn't mean more of my choices will have suddenly changed as I play through this season or it kind of defeats the purpose of me using a season one save to continue from.

Kinda disappointed that even the last choice doesn't seem to have a major impact in the future, as the "surviving" character was just shown in a seperate scene and not in the "main story" sequences afterwards. So he's probably going to be dropped soon as well, just like in S1.

So the story and twists are probably going to be the thriving factor again, while the "choices" will end up being meaningless. But at least the start was quite good, playing as Clementine was more enjoyable than I thought. Especially seeing that she has a sinister side to her in some of those dialogue choices (e.g. the pregnant woman and the girl) was quite surprising and might turn out pretty interesting :) She could end up being a more twisted MC than Lee was, keeping things fresh for the series.

Edited by Schreckofant

- Saved Christa. There is no I in team!

- Killed the dog. I just had to put him out of his misery, can't blame the dog for biting me aswell. Never touch a strange dog or his food while he is eating.

- Did't give water to the dying man. Thought it was a waste, felt sorry afterwards tough.

- Accepted Nick's apology. Thought I could earn some kudos that way, and could somewhat understand his reaction.

- Saved Nick. Pete was bitten so, Nick was the most obvious choice.

- Helped Christa - Only because it is better to travel with someone then alone. I still don't like her attitude.

- Killed the dog - I couldn't let the dog suffer. It was acting out in hunger, so I made quick of it in the end.

- Accepted Nick's apology - Better to ease anger and to avoid conflict. Better playing card advantage.

- Refused the man water - I let him die in his own filth, fresh water is fresh water.

- Went with Nick - Pete's leg was obviously bitten (no dog bite there). Instead of risking anything further with Clem or the group, I left Pete to die (even though I liked Pete).

Is there anyway to not have the dog impaled? Maybe force it to run off?

Edited by SIMPLYMIDGET

-Saved Christa (who wouldn't? She's all you got)

-Killed the dog (put him out of his misery)

-Accepted Nick's apology (after hearing his story, and knowing everyone's situation, his behavior is understandable)

-gave water to the dying man (I wanted to see if he would tell me the location of Christa or where he got my backpack from)

-saved Nick (though I liked Pete more, I saw that he got bit in the leg, so going to save him and let Nick die would be counterproductive...even though Nick was ungrateful)

-Helped Christa

She seemed to blame Clem for Omid, but the group (as small as it is) has to stick together

-Killed the Dog

Ended the suffering

-Refused Water

Giving water would have been the right thing, but I felt it would have sent the wrong message to the group

-Accepted Nick's Apology

Took stones to apologize. He just sounded sincere, just a hothead who lost his cool for a minute

-Went with Pete

Nick had ammo and I felt like Pete needed the help more. Plus if I could rescue Pete, he seemed like he would be better at helping Nick than if the roles were reversed

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
-Saved Christa (who wouldn't? She's all you got)

-Killed the dog (put him out of his misery)

-Accepted Nick's apology (after hearing his story, and knowing everyone's situation, his behavior is understandable)

-gave water to the dying man (I wanted to see if he would tell me the location of Christa or where he got my backpack from)

-saved Nick (though I liked Pete more, I saw that he got bit in the leg, so going to save him and let Nick die would be counterproductive...even though Nick was ungrateful)

same here but does anyone know if saving pete actually saves him or does he still die. i hope this isent like season 1 were choosing hershals son still gets him killed

Help christa

Killed the dog

Accepted apologies

Gave water

Saved nick

By the way is the dog supposed to attack you no matter what? I choose to give him food but Clementine kept eating it, the little greedy!

Edited by bbss

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

- Helped Christa - I couldn't leave her to get killed...even though she was pouting.

- Killed the dog - You can't leave a dog or anyone suffering like that.

- Accepted Nicks apology - You gotta give people a seconfd chance.

- Refused the man water - He was the reason Christa is gone...You have to be COLD to survie in this world.

- Went with Nick - The old man was bitten...he was a gonner anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

Helped Christa (didn't want to lose Christa too, happened anyways)

Killed the dog (Wanted to put it out of its misery)

Accepted Nick's apology (Nick is somewhat of a dick, but he seems cool)

Gave the dying man water (Morals...)

Went with Nick (Pete was bit)

Nick turns out to be a bad ass, so I guess it worked out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

- Sneaked away while Christa was being attacked (Clementine can't take on four people that are armed)

- Killed the dog (had to put it out of its misery)

- Accepted Nick's apology (I forgave him for accidentally almost shooting me)

- Gave the dying man water (for information; reminded me of the scene in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly)

- Went with Pete (regardless if he was bit or had no ammo he is much more smart than Nick)

• 3 months later...

-Saved Christa (Couldn't leave her on her own)

-Killed the dog (He deserved it)

-Accepted Nick's apology (Thought he was a little clumsy)

-gave water to the dying man (I wanted to see if he would tell me the location of Christa)

-saved Nick (though I liked Pete more, I saw that he got bit in the leg. Do you end up with nick regardless?)