300 hit combo

WHISKYSIERRA1

So i tried the mentioned ways of doing the 300 hit combo, but i was either too powerful or they would get a lucky hit in and it would reset. I did find a lot easier way to do it on the level 'road to victory', i should point out i did this last and reset my upgrades and did this on veteran difficulty, i only had sai's as a purchase, with no upgrades. At the start of the level you run across a walkway, kill everything including the annoying flying dude. As you come round the corner, the walkway will collapse and make a sort of ramp, climb onto the ramp and stay there, two earthquakers will come running over (i did this 3 times to make sure, and sometimes one wont come over, or one will climb onto the ramp, if this happens make him chase you over the ramp where he will be stuck and wont bother you) all 3 times i did it, one of the guys will stand next to the ramp and wont move,stay on the ramp next to him and just go to work with the sai's on him and bank an easy 300 combo and an easy 50G's :woop:

i couldnt do either of the guide ways so as it was my last ach i reset all powers and weapons and then went to genosha were u fight the fattys but there are lots of enemy before the fatty, on ultra violent i got a 344 combo just by using swords and pistols on the enemys before the fatty appears and it was real easy did it first time.

You can actually do this with only 2 enemies... maybe 3 to allow for mistakes. If you get to a point with 2 or 3 of the swordsman (not the blue security ones in the first few missions). Play on ultraviolent with completely un-upgraded sais, I was able to get to 300. You need to just play them off each other and keep an eye on the B highlight to combo them so they don't hurt you...

The camera is the biggest hindrance at this point. best is to find a wide open area where you can see them coming, or a tunnel where they are always behind or infront of you.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...

I turned off my 360, turned it on and retried again.

This time, it worked though I didn't took the risk to do too much combos this time, I stopped just after 300.

In fact, it's pretty easy to get it in the "Road to Victory" chapter (Veteran mode, with un-upgrades sais, the big ennemies get easily stuck in the ramp (see photos for details) and so you can just smash the x button to do the combos :D

One big enemy often have enough life to get the 300 hit combo from him.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i had to reset my upgrades after getting all but this achievement, i then went to the GENOSHA level on ultra violent with just sais and no upgrades, i was going to do the tubby trick in the video to get the 300 combo but then somebody pointed out a trick that before you fight him there are plenty of enemies to get the combo, i tried it and got it first try, as long as you keep an eye out and press B to counter when it shows up it's pretty easy to get, also make sure that each time the set of enemies are over that you use pistols on the guys dropping out of the pipes to keep the combo going then go back to the sais.

this achievement and the one for getting the 75 combo at the gate of evil were the 2 pains in the arse.

1k'd it now.

thanks for the guide.

• 2 months later...
And keep in mind that you have to KILL your enemy or enemies after building up the combo at 300 (while the combo is active)

3 buddies including myself thought the achievement would pop after the combo was built to 300 but it pops after the kill.

You do NOT have to kill them. Just let the combo go out after 300 on its own (I.E. not by getting hit) and it should pop. I got 301 on the first set of enemies in the second to last level and just jump/teleported away until it ended on its own and it popped. The enemy I hit 301 on was still alive.

• 4 months later...
So i tried the mentioned ways of doing the 300 hit combo, but i was either too powerful or they would get a lucky hit in and it would reset. I did find a lot easier way to do it on the level 'road to victory', i should point out i did this last and reset my upgrades and did this on veteran difficulty, i only had sai's as a purchase, with no upgrades. At the start of the level you run across a walkway, kill everything including the annoying flying dude. As you come round the corner, the walkway will collapse and make a sort of ramp, climb onto the ramp and stay there, two earthquakers will come running over (i did this 3 times to make sure, and sometimes one wont come over, or one will climb onto the ramp, if this happens make him chase you over the ramp where he will be stuck and wont bother you) all 3 times i did it, one of the guys will stand next to the ramp and wont move,stay on the ramp next to him and just go to work with the sai's on him and bank an easy 300 combo and an easy 50G's :woop:

I used the bathroom method when I got the achievement and it worked like a charm but since then I have also used this method and gotten over 300 a few times when trying to farm easy DP points.

• 8 months later...
You do NOT have to kill them. Just let the combo go out after 300 on its own (I.E. not by getting hit) and it should pop. I got 301 on the first set of enemies in the second to last level and just jump/teleported away until it ended on its own and it popped. The enemy I hit 301 on was still alive.

I can confirm what snake said. I used the Tubby methodon Genosha and did not kill him but made sure to bank the combo. The achievement popped the first time. People who are having trouble are not actually banking the combo. You cannot get hit during the combo.