Kinect Use in this game is HORRIBLE!!!

Jim Ignatowski

You know, I'd like to make it through a 20-25 minute workout WITHOUT the camera forgetting who I am or losing me because I am looking down to put the resistance bands under my feet! This game is obviously more intense than Your Shape:FE, but it just kills me to have to have my momentum stopped to wait for the camera to pick me up again and THEN sign back in. Also, when transistioning to a floor excercise, it always waits til I am on the floor and then says "Stand Up so the Kinect can see you" before letting me go down again. Ughh... end of rant...

Lol.... I don't know how you manage. You're kicking ass in the game. I think you account for over %90 of the 360a workout groups calories burned. It really seems like it just wasn't meant to be a Kinect game, but they went ahead and did a quicky half ass conversion of it.

I too hate how it loses me every time I grab the resistance bands. Gonna have to buy that weight set, the band is bogus. Also when you have to sit down or something I do it too early all the time.

Pushups are the worst because I can hear like 5 of them ring up while I do one. Don't know why it thinks I can do 5 pushups a second. I spend the break between exercises trying to catch up so I'm not cheating myself.

Besides that I love it.

• 2 weeks later...
I look at this as a positive issue, every second that they make me stand there to get re-kinected is another rest second to force my lungs back down my throat.

Good point considering it tells you to rest and take a water break and in the same breath it is starting the next exercise. Basically the unintentional interruptions give you time to rest since the programmers forgot to include them. :)

What annoys me the most is when you reach down to get the weights and Kinect forgets who you are. You then hold your hand (with the weight still in it) over the re-connect icon and the cursor starts spazzing out. I have to set the weight back down so the dang sensor won't spazz and of course that puts me at risk of losing connection again and starting a vicous circle. Fun Stuff!!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...