Blight-Queller Achievement Fix!

Belmat22

As of 12/10/12: BLIGHT-QUELLER UNLOCKED!!!!:woop: (Online and with all DLC/patches)

According to my previous post, I have been working on the Blight-Queller achievement. I found out exactly how to get this.

Not sure if it works either way you do this but here are the two options, after reading my previous post for the guidelines.

Option 1: Play through the Alienage killing each darkspawn yourself with your main character and without activating the bridge autosave at the end of that area, go back and save on save slot 2 after completing the quest for the alienage. NOW: Reload the Auto Save when doing this because it seemed to keep all my kills combined so that it would register them even when I died.

Option 2: do the same thing except reload Save 1 from the beginning before the autosave kicks in. saving in save 2 when finished.

NOW: I think what really helped is that even when I would die, I would choose LOAD LAST SAVE to keep the kills I got during that attempt "live". Not sure how that works but it makes sense to me. I got Master Warden after approx 555 DS kills (according to the counter) after playing through the Alienage a few (3-5) times. After this, I continued playing through this area regardless of dying or completing it. I'd save it on save 2 if completed and load the autosave or just load last save if I died. Either way it works.

I kept a written record of my kills and I only was the one even doing damage to them, which I doubt affects anything.

If you count the total completed runs with the attempted runs that I died on, the total of runs it took after Master Warden is 22 runs. I died about 18 of 22 of those times so that goes to show you the AUTOSAVE option works best.

I pray this helps those desperately hanging on for this worth-it achievement. Persevere to the end!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

It took me 15 Alienage runs. I saved after each run, then exited and loaded back into the Alienage. I was really about to give up when it popped. I have the ultimate edition, played online with all updates.

Edited by Odi

• 2 months later...

I managed to get the 500 kills late in the game on a solo mage-run and then tried the Alienage method to grind out the remaining 500 (or less).

Too bad my game keeps freezing in the Alienage now.

And if I try to go to Awakening, it needs to download an update, and that will most likely reset the counter...

AAAAAAARRGGHHHHH!!!

<edit 17 april>

Finally unlocked it. I did notice some things though:

- it only freezes when I have Loghain in my party. I went back to an earlier save of the Landsmeet and played up to the Alienage and the game hasn't frozen since. I did 7 more runs and it finally popped.

- the achievement for 500 kills popped when I was at about 830 to 840 Darkspawn kills. I did a solo mage run (whenever I encountered Darkspawn) to maximize those kills so I should have had way more than 500. I also noticed that about 61% of all kills were done by me. 830 * 0,61 = 506. Coincedence?? I then had to kill way more than 500 before the other achievement popped.

Edited by RoastGuider
update

• 1 year later...