Easy Popularity Contest achievement

Johan

After hours of trying to get this achievement i found a way to get it very easy, what i did was the following.

- Adopt a child at the Orphanage in Bowerstone Industrial.

(I have tried it with different children and the outcome was the same.)

- Buy lots of toys at the gift shops in Bowerstone Market(Gifts & Gumf) and Aurora(General Omar`s).

- Find your child ,take him to a quiet place and do good expressions until his happy bar is full and you can do the relationship quest.

(If he is in love with you ,do a couple of evil expressions til you see the happy bar and then fill it up again with good expressions.)

- If you have the toy for the quest you can give it to him ,if you don`t ,interact with him press(don`t hold) the x button for an evil expression then immediatly do a full good expression and you get a new quest.

- Rinse and repeat 20 times.

When i did this i finished the story with a good male character, and i was the king.

Edited by Johan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My buddy posted (what I think to be) an even easier solution in another thread with basically the same title.

1) Go to an area and do good expressions on five different people until they give you a relationship quests

2) Complete all five quests (fetch, delivery, etc) but don't go back to talk to the people

3) Fast travel back to the area with all the people then save the game (Sanctuary>Game Management>Save and Continue)

4) Sign in a second controller then go back to the five people to finish the quests

5) Save the game as player 2 only

6) Go to the dashboard

7) Repeat steps (4-6) three times.

What you're doing is saving both players' statistics when you save as player 2, but only player 2's progress. So, when you load the game up again player 1 still has the stats recognizing the quests complete but you can complete them again because player 1 didn't save the completion.

My buddy posted (what I think to be) an even easier solution in another thread with basically the same title.

1) Go to an area and do good expressions on five different people until they give you a relationship quests

2) Complete all five quests (fetch, delivery, etc) but don't go back to talk to the people

3) Fast travel back to the area with all the people then save the game (Sanctuary>Game Management>Save and Continue)

4) Sign in a second controller then go back to the five people to finish the quests

6) Go to the dashboard

What you're doing is saving both players' statistics when you save as player 2, but only player 2's progress. So, when you load the game up again player 1 still has the stats recognizing the quests complete but you can complete them again because player 1 didn't save the completion.

I'm starting a second Hero and I will do this as soon as I get the pack that's needed.

omg ty so much for the info thought i was going to have to start again big help ty

all i did was select 1 kid and press x on him once

then press A this will get you a quest

do this 20 times job done

remember to buy lots of toys my boy wanted lots of dolls etc not swords/guns...........think he thought he was a girl lol

Everyone is automatically my friend after I was king?

I think I read somewhere that this achievement is best done BEFORE you become king. I didn't check on my evil playthrough, but I know that on my good playthrough everyone became my friend after I became king. All I had to do was walk next to them, and the gold sparkles would light up and fill up my guild seals.

I did this quest last weekend, while allready being King. It tracks the amount of people you do quests for.

The easy way to do it for me was: Go to Bowerstone Market. Get 25 relationship quests from different people. Travel to the designated areas (if you have to dig up something, it will almost always be at the exact same spot. I have dug up 7 keys in one go at Bowerstone Old Quarter). Get back, become friends, pop up achievement :)

6) Go to the dashboard

This method worked like a charm. I did land up finishing 3 quests instead of 5, at Bowerstone Market, before I became a Ruler. Cause walking around with 2 characters is tough, but these 3 people where standing almost next to eachother, so I repeated it 7 times and got it, like I calculated, after the 7th time :D

Got up to 25, but still no achievement. Maybe cause I'm already King? It seems the best time to get this is before you're Ruler.

I hope I don't have to play it again.

Follow the method I posted above - I did it when I was king.

Everyone is automatically my friend after I was king?

Kill somebody in any town and (even if you do it in a private location) everyone will go back to neutral.

Cause walking around with 2 characters is tough

You don't need to walk around with two characters. I completed all the 5 quests, and then I pressed START on the second controller (so the second controller character joins your world) and saved with the second controller, then I dashboarded and did the very same thing.

I did this while I had completed the whole game and I had a 100% Good walkthrough - What I did was i shot 3 villagers in Bowerstone Market, then I did a good expression and then I took 5 quests and did the method that dakisbac posted above.

6) Go to the dashboard

Or you could just wait to be king, go do 1 expression to 20 people in your castle. Almost all of their quests will be in Bowerstone, most are even in the market (all of mine were in the market and old quarter - most being deliveries). Return to castle and they all line up to you waiting for you to comeplte the quests. Took me like literally 5-10 minutes to complete. Not THAT bad of an achievement.

6) Go to the dashboard

Does this work when you are king?

I did this as an evil king, is already had an orphan. Gave a few gifts, but the kid disappeared. So I tried this to a biological kid and it worked, so I got the cheevo using him.

Still took a while, because sometime they kept asking for gifts I couldn't buy, so I had to look for them...

But again a lot easier then do al those normal friend quest (which I actually tried in the first place: TEDIOUS!)

After hours of trying to get this achievement i found a way to get it very easy, what i did was the following.

- Adopt a child at the Orphanage in Bowerstone Industrial.

(I have tried it with different children and the outcome was the same.)

- Buy lots of toys at the gift shops in Bowerstone Market(Gifts & Gumf) and Aurora(General Omar`s).

- Find your child ,take him to a quiet place and do good expressions until his happy bar is full and you can do the relationship quest.

(If he is in love with you ,do a couple of evil expressions til you see the happy bar and then fill it up again with good expressions.)

- If you have the toy for the quest you can give it to him ,if you don`t ,interact with him press(don`t hold) the x button for an evil expression then immediatly do a full good expression and you get a new quest.

- Rinse and repeat 20 times.

When i did this i finished the story with a good male character, and i was the king.

Still not looking forward to this "reward" Still putting it off but got it in my head that I really must get it going on. Probably will leave it again once I get on the game. LOL.