Black ops II controller and console

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There won´t be a Console,neither a Controller.Black ops 1 didn´t have any of these either (not counting that shitty Mad catz Controller)

At that time Microsoft didn't have a contract with activision the contract started with MW3 so technically MS has ownership til the contract is either renewed or not renewed.

and the contract was renewed for black ops 2

At that time Microsoft didn't have a contract with activision the contract started with MW3 so technically MS has ownership til the contract is either renewed or not renewed.

What contract are you talking about? The only contract I know of is to do with DLC only and that started in 2009.

MW2 console, black ops no console, MW3 console. Do you see the pattern?

Edited by The Duke of Darkness

What contract are you talking about? The only contract I know of is to do with DLC only and that started in 2009.

umm... i think you need to research before you post because i found the paper that activision released here:http://investor.activision.com/releasedetail.cfm?releaseid=479305

and MS since then has really been pushing the CoD games on the xbox the reason why Black ops didn't have a console was because that was not the "in" thing to do, but a little after BO they started pumping out LE of consoles such as the star wars etc. MS is going to try to milk all the rest of the money on the xbox360 before they announce the Next-Gen (which will be very soon)

and PS: Neversoft should never make a CoD and i hope the rumor of MW4 is not true because IW needs to leave CoD to 3arc.

umm... i think you need to research before you post because i found the paper that activision released here:http://investor.activision.com/releasedetail.cfm?releaseid=479305

I looked at that link and on the 2nd and 3rd lines, read this

' The agreement which began in 2009 now extends for all add ons and map packs from the mega-blockbuster Call of Duty® franchise through 2012, including Call of Duty®: Black Ops, the follow up to the largest entertainment launch in history and one of the most-anticipated titles of the year set for release Nov. 9th.'

exactly what duke said, contract that started in 09 and was for add-ons and map packs only

I didn't read the rest of it as I assume that covers the whole contract, which proves exactly what duke said, and probably not whatever it was that you were trying to say

just read the actual title of it

Activision, Microsoft Enter Long-Term Agreement to Release Call of Duty® Downloadable Content First on Xbox 360

sorry duke i miss read your post i thought you said the contract came in full effect in 2009 which it was not it was just the signing of the deal in 2009 and then came in full effect in 2010 with BO i knew it was signed in 2009 but not in effect til 2010

all i am saying is that MS has really took CoD under its wing and made a huge push to sell on xbox and most "blockbuster" game had LE consoles and controllers-Gears,halo4,star wars,Mw3.

those were all MS huge blockbusters(maybe not star wars IMO)but were huge games for MS and BO2 will be no different

i Not going to get the console but i will get the controller,they went all out on halo4 LE bundle with blue LEDs so i dont see BO2 not getting a LE bundle

Chrome series vs BO2 controller- I will only pick BO2 controller if have have Different color LEDs like halo4's

Why would they release a Halo 4 console, and then a week later release a Black Ops II console? Highly stupid.

your statement does not make sense because the Star wars LE was announced jul 21st and then the mw3 was announced Sep. 2nd

Halo4 announced july 14th

BO2 if it comes out will be the week of the 2nd or the 9th

this is roughly the same time as the star wars and the mw3 was announced

it does not matter if they come out 1 month later MS will be stupid if they dont do one since they doing one for halo4 and BO2 will be 10x bigger on xbox than halo4 will be

your statement does not make sense because the Star wars LE was announced jul 21st and then the mw3 was announced Sep. 2nd

Your statement doesn't make sense.

The MW3 limited edition XBOX360 was released November 8th, 2011.

The Kinect Star Wars limited edition XBOX360 was released April 3rd, 2012.

You see the difference between releasing two different special edition consoles 5 months apart as opposed to only 1 fucking week?

There will be no Black Ops II console. You can think and think until the cows come home, but you will be wrong, because this would be a massive money drain for Microsoft.

what will be money drain they are going to milk all the rest out of xbox until the announce the next-gen, how will they lose money you know how much they make them for and then sell them for?,please give me a break THEY MAKE CRAZY PROFITS ON US!!!

Edited by killeralltime

i meant they where announced 1 month apart

i also don't know why you are arguing with me all i was asking was people thoughts if they were going to get it since every "blockbuster" now-a days has a console, chill, and i don't get it when you said--

if time was an issue MS and 343 will never release their game 1 week apart. because it is already predicted that BO2 will dominate on every console.

BO2 will have the most support from MS than any other CoD.

so you need to come up with a better reason why they wouldn't announce a console for BO2 since mw3's was such a huge hit

and if you look at it MS is promoting BO2 more than their own game

Edited by killeralltime

i meant they where announced 1 month apart

i also don't know why you are arguing with me all i was asking was people thoughts if they were going to get it since every "blockbuster" now-a days has a console, chill, and i don't get it when you said--

if time was an issue MS and 343 will never release their game 1 week apart. because it is already predicted that BO2 will dominate on every console.

BO2 will have the most support from MS than any other CoD.

so you need to come up with a better reason why they wouldn't announce a console for BO2 since mw3's was such a huge hit

and if you look at it MS is promoting BO2 more than their own game

Like I already said MW2 had a limited edition console and Black ops didn't. Black ops came out in 2010 about 7 weeks after Halo:Reach which did have a limited edition console. Then MW3 had one (no Halo that year). This year Halo 4, like I said pattern.

I'm not saying it's not going to happen I just think it's unlikely. I hope they do one because I would get it aslong as its not ugly of course!

Like I already said MW2 had a limited edition console and Black ops didn't. Black ops came out in 2010 about 7 weeks after Halo:Reach which did have a limited edition console. Then MW3 had one (no Halo that year). This year Halo 4, like I said pattern.

I'm not saying it's not going to happen I just think it's unlikely. I hope they do one because I would get it aslong as its not ugly of course!

Yeah duke I see what you mean I hope they have one too but we also have to remember that this might be the last CoD on this gen. So they just might do one so they will end on a good note all I want is a badass controller

I'm fairly sure it's not microsoft that are heavily advertising Blops 2, it's activision, but with the contract for early DLC (or maybe a whole seperate one, I don't know) they add the 360 onto the end of their adverts as well, if you look at most big title multiplatform games, they only advertise on one console, as either Sony or MS pay to get their console in the adverts as well.

I haven't seen any direct advertising myself from MS for this other than a few things on the dashboard about info for blops, but then again, I've been on holiday for the past 2 weeks so things could have changed easily that I'm not aware of.

I also expect that Halo 4 advertising from 343 or MS will start to increase greatly as the month till launch approachs and dissappears as activision have a habit of shoving new CoDs at the cosumer from 2-3 months before launch.

OT: I doubt they'll release a blops console with the halo 4 one being release just a week before it, as has already been said, when reach was released, there was no CoD console released that year either.

EDIT: I'm planning to get the Halo 4 console myself anyway, so I'm not bothered either way about a release of a blops 2 console

I'm fairly sure it's not microsoft that are heavily advertising Blops 2, it's activision, but with the contract for early DLC (or maybe a whole seperate one, I don't know) they add the 360 onto the end of their adverts as well, if you look at most big title multiplatform games, they only advertise on one console, as either Sony or MS pay to get their console in the adverts as well.

I haven't seen any direct advertising myself from MS for this other than a few things on the dashboard about info for blops, but then again, I've been on holiday for the past 2 weeks so things could have changed easily that I'm not aware of.

I also expect that Halo 4 advertising from 343 or MS will start to increase greatly as the month till launch approachs and dissappears as activision have a habit of shoving new CoDs at the cosumer from 2-3 months before launch.

OT: I doubt they'll release a blops console with the halo 4 one being release just a week before it, as has already been said, when reach was released, there was no CoD console released that year either.

EDIT: I'm planning to get the Halo 4 console myself anyway, so I'm not bothered either way about a release of a blops 2 console

The live stream at gamescom was mostly paid by MS and last year MS paid for codxp

That's what I thought but with people mentioning the star wars console which I completly forgot about it could happen. Lets not forget stars wars was delayed it was going to come out in late 2011 which means that 3 limited edition consoles would have come out in the space of 3 months.

That's what I thought but with people mentioning the star wars console which I completly forgot about it could happen. Lets not forget stars wars was delayed it was going to come out in late 2011 which means that 3 limited edition consoles would have come out in the space of 3 months.

Yeah that what I said so it is possible. We all forgot star wars was delayed