do projectors really look as good as tvs?

iiPaDFooT

i remember a year or so ago i tried playing cod on my uncles projector, and it looked HORRIBLE. but i'm pretty sure it was just a cheap projector cause he gets all his stuff at garage sales. but the other day my friend said his brother brought over his projector, set it up to 45in on his wall, and it looked just as good as his tv. is it true that a higher end projector will look as good as my 55 inch lcd 1080p does? my room is kinda packed and i wanted to get rid of my tv stand, put my flatscreen in the living room, and possibly get a projector as long as i'm not sacrificing quality.

Highend ones can even look better than your standard HDTV. My next purchase is going to be a projector. I am tired of size limitations (real estate-wise). I used a projector to make a 110" viewable space on my back wall and it was lovely. Just as bright as my Sharp Aquos, with almost deeper blacks. I was sold then and there. Now to get $1900.00 together for the one I have had my eye on.

Screen is important to get good quality output on projectors. Apart from that, make sure you don't obstruct the light path while playing Kinect.

Oh, and also make sure your room is as dark as possible or it will strongly hurt the picture quality.

Edited by AOS Puck

Oh, and also make sure your room is as dark as possible or it will strongly hurt the picture quality.

I've seen a few of the newer ones that work very well in a lit room. It all depends on how much one is willing to spend on the projector. The particular one I have had my eye on now runs $2400.00 (yes I found a new one I want since my first post in this thread.) works well in a sunlit room and has a beautiful 240hz 1080p picture. That is if Best Buy still has it. They may have moved on models. Either way, it all depends on your price range.

As for the screen. My friend just uses a wall painted with eggshell white paint. Looks amazing. Just as good, anyways, as my brothers 104" $500 "HD" Projector Screen, and all it cost him was the can of paint. Of course he also chose a wall with no blemishes. The truth of the matter is that your PROJECTOR will ultimately decide how it looks. Unless of course someone is retarded enough to use a stucco wall, or a piss poor colour choice. But then that is user error not a fault in or of the projector.

Edited by CouchOrnament

IMO, no. I had a friend who had one and used to run it on his white wall. This was about three years ago, and the projector at the time was pretty high end, but it still looked awful. I haven't seen a projector displaying a game since then, so I'm not sure if this is helpful.

• 2 weeks later...