First multiplayer balance update

http://community.activision.com/community/hms/blog/2012/08/29/fall-of-cybertron-multiplayer-update-829

Fellow Autobots and Decepticons.

We’ve been closely monitoring the class balance for the first week and have decided to make our first set of tweaks. Our game statistics and feedback from players show that we're off to a fantastic start with each class performing very well. However, within each class there is some room for improvement to make all the weapon, ability, and upgrade options equally viable.

Infiltrator

• Scatterblaster damage increased to 15 per pellet from 12 – Those who got early access to the demo know the scatter blaster started off as a beastly weapon, we overshot our correction and we’re hopeful we've found the right setting.
  • Fireblast upgrade burn damage increased from 15 per second to 20 per second – The reduction in pellet damage was not being offset enough by the fire damage, so we’ve upped the fire damage a bit, each shot will do an extra 10 fire damage.
  • EMP Intercooler upgrade now changes the grenade recharge to 10 seconds instead of 7.5 – We know its super fun to run around throwing emp grenades willy-nilly, but it was too much. Besides, you can get the Intercooler pickup and still go crazy.

Scientist

• Gear Shredder homing increased – This weapon is showing up as the weakest of the scientist weapons and we think the best way to improve it is to increase its homing function.
  • Sentry Damage increased from 8 to 10 per shot – The sentry was not quite giving the offensive boost we were hoping for, this should help.

Destroyer

• Reduce the Thermo Rocket Cannon damage from 300 to 250 - The Destroyer was showing up as the most powerful class by a small margin and we think the Thermo Rocket Cannon is a big reason.
  • Chaos Rift Combuster Damage and Damage Radius significantly increased – You should be doing closer to 300 damage if you manage to hit a guy with both the initial blast and a cluster bomb. Hopefully this make the Combuster a better option.
  • Barrier Cooldown increased from 7 to 10 seconds – 7 was too fast, it was practically always available

Titan

• Harvester damage reduced from 20 to 17 – This combination of damage output and healing was too much, we’re preserving the healing functionality and reducing damage.
  • EDK Techvolt damage increased to 140 from 115 – The beams look cool, but it needed a little more bite.
  • Flak Shield can absorb 500 damage instead of 666 – The flak shield was showing up as clearly being a better choice than whirlwind so we’re slightly reducing its power.

Glad they improved the Scatter Blaster, although I'll probably still stick with my trusty Subsonic Repeater.

Also it's a shame they reduced the damage of the Thermo Rocket Cannon, but I agree it was a little overpowered and easy to get kills with.

But all in all good balancing update. :)

The worst thing is this very laggy games from time to time. I play some games, everything's okay, then the game loads forever, I can't play, only seeing standing robots floating arround the map...

Seen some terrible issues from time to time. CSHD should also be looked at.

I see some flyers that eat direct hits from the Thermo Rocket launcher and not even loose shields...

The worst thing is this very laggy games from time to time. I play some games, everything's okay, then the game loads forever, I can't play, only seeing standing robots floating arround the map...

Yeah, I get that from time to time, really annoying since I have to dashboard if it doesn't take me back to the multiplayer lobby.

Another glitch that happens from time to time I've experience (also happened in the demo), is when I'm playing as an Infiltrator, and when I transform and someone jumps and hits me, I fall through the floor and get stuck there. Can be frustrating since you can get stuck there all match.

Edit: Also just had seven people on my team versus five on the enemy team in a match of Conquest:

http://i46.tinypic.com/fyeikn.jpg

Sorry for the quality of the pic, it was taken on my phone.

Edited by LethalEdge

All these balancing and they did nothing to whirlwind? Sick and tired of idiots who just stormed into a crowd capturing a node, spam the move and get 3-4 kills, the entire game.

I find whirlwind next to useless. I have to surprise someone and get really close otherwise they just dodge and my whirlwind does nothing. As far as I'm concerned, with how slow the Titan is, if he can ambush that many people he deserves those kills.

Does anyone else think that they are going to reduce the damage of the Techvolt? I think they overdid it as this updated caused those people who were jump killing with the Destroyer to switch to a Titan. Seriously, I'm seing more jumpers playing as Titans than I ever saw who were playing destroyers.

+ 1

they could have improved the fact that people keep dropping as host.

this. i see it at as host rage quits cause their team is gettin their asses kicked.