PC Achievement Discussion

The Pants Party

I want to be one of the only people that gets the seriously achievement in gears pc. i need 3 people who really want the achievement. we are going to spend sometime on it. If you are willing to get one of the craziest achievements in the game, and can devote at least 2 weeks of your time send me a message on XBL my gamertag is GonzoMaster.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to be one of the only people that gets the seriously achievement in gears pc. i need 3 people who really want the achievement. we are going to spend sometime on it. If you are willing to get one of the craziest achievements in the game, and can devote at least 2 weeks of your time send me a message on XBL my gamertag is GonzoMaster.

Dude, that is going to take more than two weeks to do. Couple months is more like it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, so i've been playing Gears since the original was released on 360 in 2006. I played online but sucked bad at it.

Now I have the PC version I decided to give online another go. I was doing loads better getting like 10-15 kills each round and managing to down like 2-3 people against just me. Has the online been improved for the PC.

Also sometimes when I've downed someone then shot at them it dosnt kill them and theres a weird sound. What is this?

• 5 weeks later...
Hey guys, so i've been playing Gears since the original was released on 360 in 2006. I played online but sucked bad at it.

Now I have the PC version I decided to give online another go. I was doing loads better getting like 10-15 kills each round and managing to down like 2-3 people against just me. Has the online been improved for the PC.

Also sometimes when I've downed someone then shot at them it dosnt kill them and theres a weird sound. What is this?

Okay I'll answer some of your questions. The online mode for the pc is pretty much the same, except it runs a lot smoother. You are probably just bumping into people that arn't as good as people you've been owned by in the past ;)

and that sound you are hearing.... When you are playing execution, the only way to kill a downed opponent is to get right up next to him and curb stomp his head, shoot his downed body from very close, or melee/chainsaw. If a downed enemy gets up, he is allowed 2 more downs until he just dies the next time he should get downed. The sound just means that you are shooting his downed body from too far away and need to get closer.

Be aware in warzone, downed enemies DO NOT get up, they just die after the bleedout time is over. you can kill downed enemies in warzone from as far away as you want, and will here no sound.

• 1 month later...

It could be. I know that my cog tags data got erased somehow when I needed to get 2 more for the all cog tags and I had to run through it all. Also do the public live games count for achievements because it says "achievements disabled for silver members" so gold members can get achievments?

It could be. I know that my cog tags data got erased somehow when I needed to get 2 more for the all cog tags and I had to run through it all. Also do the public live games count for achievements because it says "achievements disabled for silver members" so gold members can get achievments?

You don't need gold anymore for PC GFW games, all features are now unlocked for silver accounts.

Just make sure you either play in Player matches or Ranked matches to get achievement progress.

You don't need gold anymore for PC GFW games, all features are now unlocked for silver accounts.

Just make sure you either play in Player matches or Ranked matches to get achievement progress.

So only player or ranked counts for achievements? If so i just wasted alot of time doing live list matches.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

been a while so i figured id answer..... I got all my achievements in player matches u only need 1 other person for these, ranked achievements require 6 or more ppl for most of the match for ur kills to count towards "seriously" and the other ranked achievements. for the weapon achievements i would recommend playing 3 round matches and getting one of each kill per round, as only one counts per game towards each achievement .hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just to let people know:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/482/UPntzKk=.jpg

Seriously ...40 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Kill 10,000 people in versus ranked match total

.. and..

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/482/UPwJBB4=.jpg

Not So Serious ...20 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Kill 10,000 people in versus player match total

... can be unlocked in Annex. A friend of mine has done it 2 times, and 3 other people got the achievements last month.

Hello everyone, I just got a new laptop and wanted to finish up Gears of War on the new rig. Problem is that I was through 75% of the campaign on my old laptop. Is there any way to bring your save file over?

I tried copying the files in My Docs/MyGames/GoW for Windows, but it doesn't bring my checkpoint over.

Anyone have any success doing this?

Hello everyone, I just got a new laptop and wanted to finish up Gears of War on the new rig. Problem is that I was through 75% of the campaign on my old laptop. Is there any way to bring your save file over?

I tried copying the files in My Docs/MyGames/GoW for Windows, but it doesn't bring my checkpoint over.

Anyone have any success doing this?

I don't think the saved files are stored in that map because I reinstalled my game like two days ago and I had copied those same files too but I forgot to add them back after installing the game but it still had the same checkpoints as before. It seems they're useless. I suggest you ask around on the epic forums, hopefully somebody with some more pc knowledge then me knows hehe :)

• 3 months later...

does someone know if the kills count towards the achievements if the host quits out? I got almost a kill with every weapon, and completed 1 round in a king of the hill match, and then the host quits. this was player match. do them count if you get kicked from the game?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I know that the achievements like to screw up if host, or all opposite players quit, so my question is this:

Does switching the PC on which I play gears pc erase achievement progress? Leaderboards progress? I'm really tempted to do this because I know my achievement progress has been badly messed up by host quitting. THANKS!

• 1 month later...

ive just had a look at the PC achievements and its sayin

Kill an enemy with the Boomshot in 100 multiplayer (Player or Ranked) matches of 3+ rounds

and other weapons alike

does this mean that 100 games need to be played? rather then get 100kills with the weapon? (console version)

and can it be done in annex 3+ rounds

• 1 month later...