What would you do if you had no 360 for 1-2 months?

JenniferGenGamer

It has been a bad day today :( I broke up with my boyfriend and I got RROD for the 5th time. I only wanted to play a game to keep my mind off things.

Due to financial difficulty I wont be able to afford a new one or a repair for 1-2 months. I don't have a Wii or DS/PSP/Vita to play and my boyfriend took back his PS3.

I have some retro Sega/Nintendo consoles at my parents but I don't know when I will be seeing them next.

What would you guys do without gaming for 1-2 months to entertain your selves with?

I also after 5 deaths don't know whether to get another 360 or just get my own ps3. For years now I have been addicted to Gamerscore and it wasent until playing Uncharted 2, 1, God Of War 3 and started Uncharted 3 I forgot about score and started enjoying games again.

Sorry if I am all over the place, not a good frame of mind and need distracting :(

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that stinks :(

do you have a PC you could game on temporarily?

personally, if i couldnt game at all for a couple months i would probably just emmerge myself into some hobby. obviously it will be different for you, but i would enjoy playing basketball more again, or even hopping on my drums to let off some steam.

ultimately though, there is one thing i always turn to when messed up shit happens like that. i wont mention it over the post, but i will say you need to get it from a street pharmacist;)

hope you feel better soon!:)

Get another 360 that will tide you over until the next Xbox.

Or go out and have a life? .. Your life doesn't need to be massively concerned with it..

I recently just a month and a half without playing on the Xbox because we were decorating...

Dealt with it by going out and playing on my PS vita while watching tv

You just need to find your niesh (I know I spelt that wrong haha)

When it rains, it pours. Sorry to hear about your situation but as bad as it seems, it could be a lot worse.

Now, what to do without a 360 and a boyfriend....keep mentally busy is the main thing. if you don't, your mind will go where you don't need it to go. Visit friends and go out with them. Watch TV or go to the movies. Stay close to your family. In time, you'll feel better and maybe be able to get a new 360 or have yours fixed.

And trust me, we've been where you are. Some more than most...like me. Good Luck!

And trust me, we've been where you are. Some more than most...like me. Good Luck!

When was the last time you broke up with your boyfriend then?:woop:

Just kidding I know what you meant.

OT I cant play games till the beginning of September as I have a broken hand. I spend more time on this site. Typing very slowly with my weaker hand. I also watch more TV and go out more.

But it sucks as I was really enjoying playing Dead Island.

Edited by Morbido

Sorry to hear about that. Life sometimes sucks, but as chickin said, keep meentally busy. Watch some tv, visit family and friends, read a book! Last time I had no 360 for 12 months, I read 30 books inbetween going out on the lash with friends. You'll find something to keep you busy. I even wrote a short story once, shame my bro threw it away before I could finish it.

I've gone a bunch of times without playing my xbox for months on end (for lack of interest)

Normally I'll read a book, watch a shit load of movies, or go to the movie theater, then you can always go bar hopping and just get totally shit faced and try to go to a White Castle at 3 in the morning to find out they are closed...

Plus it's summer out! There's normally something going on.

But I suppose a more direct answer would be to immediately get an Xbox again :)

Learn a new language

Unless she's a prodigy she would need a lot longer than 1-2 months to learn a new language.

It has been a bad day today :( I broke up with my boyfriend and I got RROD for the 5th time. I only wanted to play a game to keep my mind off things.

Due to financial difficulty I wont be able to afford a new one or a repair for 1-2 months. I don't have a Wii or DS/PSP/Vita to play and my boyfriend took back his PS3.

I have some retro Sega/Nintendo consoles at my parents but I don't know when I will be seeing them next.

What would you guys do without gaming for 1-2 months to entertain your selves with?

I also after 5 deaths don't know whether to get another 360 or just get my own ps3. For years now I have been addicted to Gamerscore and it wasent until playing Uncharted 2, 1, God Of War 3 and started Uncharted 3 I forgot about score and started enjoying games again.

Sorry if I am all over the place, not a good frame of mind and need distracting :(

Unlucky to have all of that on your plate at once but the bad feelings will likely soon pass and in no time it will be a distant memory.

There are a number of things I would probably do if I didn't have access to my 360 for an extended period of time:

-Focus on the gym more;

-Start reading more books;

-Start playing a game or games on my laptop;

-Go out with my friends more (doesn't need to be somewhere expensive);

-Watch more tv (a little dull but it can fill up some of the time);

-Be with my family more often....

With regards to the PS3 or 360 dilemna if you know anyone with a PS3 or 360 that are fairly local you could try playing on one for a while and then switch to the other, see how you feel and decide which one you are drawn to the most. Somethings just come as a phase and soon go away so this might help you decide whether the PS3 experience is just a phase.

I'll try posting more alternatives if I can think of any. Hope this helps.

It has been a bad day today :( I broke up with my boyfriend and I got RROD for the 5th time.

Tough Luck! I hope the break up didn't have anything to do with the RROD :p

Due to financial difficulty I wont be able to afford a new one or a repair for 1-2 months.

If not covered by the warranty: Get rid of it and get a new one or find a tech guy to help you fix it.

Play a computer game, when in need of gaming! Or do something completely different?

Take a walk, hangout with friends, do some hamboning, exercise, masturbate, have a drink, read a book, learn something new, mess up wikipedia entries, watch a movie, etc...

Im really sorry to hear about your situation, breaking up with someone is really hard as it is and playing Xbox would sure help your mind wonder off as best you could. Even though all of us here love our 360's, we could all make it through time without one. There are many things you could do, being a girl gives you some different ones then myself obviously.

Maybe you have some friends you can hang out with on the side. When you arent with them there are plenty of things you can do. Are there any hobbies you are into? Maybe you can pick up a hobby. Myself, I know this isnt a girl thing really, but I collect baseball and football cards. Been an avid collecter pretty much my whole life. Go out and experience things you havent before. Maybe even go hang out with some new guys, or is it too early for that? Give yourself some options, your a free women now.

You go to Gamestop and buy a used version of the 360 you have now, go out to your car and swap the hard drive out with yours real fast, then go back in and tell them you bought it on an impulse and changed your mind because you called your boyfriend when you left and he was pissed that you spent money you needed for rent on a fucking Xbox. Bat your eyes, get your money back, go home, play games and move on. Done.

You go to Gamestop and buy a used version of the 360 you have now, go out to your car and swap the hard drive out with yours real fast, then go back in and tell them you bought it on an impulse and changed your mind because you called your boyfriend when you left and he was pissed that you spent money you needed for rent on a fucking Xbox. Bat your eyes, get your money back, go home, play games and move on. Done.

What's up Walter! Hows the cooking going? Now that Gus is dead, do you really trust Mike on financial matters? Also hows Jesse, I saw him playing Rage in Season 4!

Remember... DONT FUCK WITH HISENBURG!!! :) :uzi::drunk

Edited by Delow317