Splinter Cell delayed....AGAIN

Gackt

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

:(

Although im annoyed because i already have my Pre-order in. and i was looking foward to it as i have hardly any money atm and was relying on that to give me my gaming fix when it was released. Im actualy pretty excited.

With all the people bitching about No spy's VS mercs, Maybe Ubisoft have got the idea and are going to try and Put it in so it has more replayability, There excuses did suck very bad for why there was no spy's VS mercs, So hopfully they are holding the game off while they put it in... Or atleast maybe get it ready in a DLC to be released soon after the game is out... I have a feeling im completely wrong tho, The game didnt look finished so im sure they have found a few big Glitches or things wrong with it. and nothing new will be added :(

This is true IGN Confirmes it aswell:

January 13, 2010 - Ubisoft announced during its third quarter 2009 fiscal update this morning that both Splinter Cell: Conviction and R.U.S.E will now be shipping during its 2011 fiscal year, which begins on April 2010.

Ubisoft did not provide a specific release date for either title, only confirming Splinter Cell: Conviction will ship in April. No release date for R.U.S.E was provided.

This news highlights the financial troubles for Ubisoft, as the company now expects to end its fiscal year with a current operating loss.

"Despite a number of highly successful titles, such as Assassin's Creed II – which is expected to reach 9 million sell-in units by the end of March 2010 – and Just Dance – our great Wii success during the holiday season – Ubisoft has not met its financial targets," said Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot,

Ubisoft hopes to rebound in fiscal 2011 as the company plans to focus more on developing titles for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

"Ubisoft has already demonstrated its capacity for success in the high-end games market thanks to Assassin's Creed II, with sales 40 percent higher than for the first title," Guillemot added. "The 2010-11 line-up – which is stronger in franchises for Xbox360 and PS3 – reflects our refocused efforts and should enable us to both win market share and enhance our profitability."

Really really really s*cks

This is very fishy since its so close to release, and theres been loads of footage and gameplay demos. I'm betting Ubisoft put it back slightly to avoid the Jan, Feb & March rush of AAA titles so they get max profit in April. The same happened in '09, when a load of games were put back to this year because they couldn't contend with MW2. Also, in the press release, Ubisoft even, mentioned that they didn't reach their target profit for the year, so this delay unfortunately isn't really suprising. :/

I'm actually relieved cos of all the incredible games being released in the next few months!

Oh great, it's in the same time with Red Dead Redemption and Alan Wake. Were the developers drunk when they made this choice? Or they are fucked in the head completely?

ha so true, but then again, this whole year is pretty epic as far as gaming goes, so they're screwed either way in trying to pick a month with no competition.

From what I've read, this delay is supposed to allow Assassin's Creed 2 to sell more. This seems ok from the company perspective but for the hardcore gamer, it's just not fair. I'm a hardcore stealth fan and Splinter Cell is one of my favorite games. To have it delay again is just discouraging me from wanting it again.