Companions

Kester

thought id start a list of available companions, their locations and ways to recruit them.

There are 8 in total. In order to get the achievement "The Whole Gang is Here" you have to recruit all of them. If you dont get the achievement after you've recruited your last companion, try gathering them all in Lucky 38 suite and recruit each of them again.

You can only have 1 humanoid and 1 cyber companion at a time. So it's either Rex or ED-E and someone else. You can't have for example Raul and Boone.

Name - Location - How to recruit

1. Boone (human sniper) - Novac - Solve his quest

Decent companion for a low level character. By default armed with a scoped sniper rifle.

Perk:

'Spotter' - Enemies are highlighted while aiming.

2. Veronica (human melee fighter) - 188 Trading post - just talk to her.

She's a Brotherhood of Steel member, so has the Power Armor Training. Melee combatant. Armed with a power fist.

Perk:

'Scribe Assistant' - able to craft items on a workbench through her dialogue.

3. Arcade Gannon (human doctor) - Old Mormon Fort in Freeside - you need at least 75 Speech to persuade him to join. Armed with a plasma pistol.

Perk:

'Better Healing' - you get more HP healed from all sources.

4. Raul (ghoul mechanic) - Black Mountain Prison Building - rescue him by unlocking the door.

Perk:

'Regular Maintanence' - Armor and weapons decay more slowly

5. ED-E (eyebot) - Prim (Nash's house) - high science/repair skill required to repair. Otherwise you'll need the spare parts: 3 scrap metal, 2 sensors, 1 scrap electronics.

Perk:

'Enhanced Sensors' - Enemies are detected at much higher range and appear on your radar. Also cloaked enemies can still be targetet via VATS

6. Rex (cyber dog) - New Vegas (Freeside, King's hideout) -Do some work for The King there in Vegas(Freeside). He will eventually talk to you about his cyberdog and allow him to go with you.

Perk:

'Search and Mark'

While Rex is a companion unequipped chems, firearms, and ammunition within a short distance are highlighted when you zoom the camera.

7. Lily (Super Mutant) - Jacobstown - Talk to Doctor Henry, he will team you up with her for a mission

Perk:

'Stealth Girl'

While Lily is a companion, the duration of Stealth Boys is increased by 200% and all Sneak Attack Critical Hits do an additional 10% damage.

8. Cass - Mojave Outpost -During 'Birds of a Feather Mission' started at the Silver Rush store in Freeside by talking to Gloria. And also talk to the Crimson Caravan company near Vegas.

Perk:

'Whiskey Rose'

No ill effects or addiction from consuming whiskey, while your DT is raised

tnx to jwmc1971 and artphobia for additional info

Edited by Kester

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thought id start a list of available companions, their locations and ways to recruit them.

Name - Location - How to recruit

1. Boone - Novac - Solve his quest

Decent companion for a low level character. By default armed with a scoped sniper rifle.

How many companions can you have at once?

Can they die?

Do you just tell them to wait at a city/town if you don't want to take them on missions etc?

thanks

How many companions can you have at once?

Can they die?

Do you just tell them to wait at a city/town if you don't want to take them on missions etc?

thanks

im pretty sure it's the same as in FO3.

but at last you have some decent control over them, i.e. control panel like in fo2

-----------For the guy who asked about speech.

That's it the 75 Speech guy. Honestly the stuff I lacked in and kept trying to win, Barter,Speech ect I have never been succesful. I would assume you need 75, or high maybe you could be close to 75 and have it work.

I know when you don't meet the requirment the selection has a red background and it's like [24/75]. So not to sure.

Also "Kester" Could you add the stuff everyone else posted to your first post?

Edited by AOS Puck

haters gonna hate ...you get the game like 3 days early or so cuz you happen to work in a place ( where you have to take sh*t from idiots like this guy ) and instead of using his brain , he cry's . hey douche , this whole farking forum is one big spoiler ! it has loads of sh*t in here for a game that isnt retail yet . why are you even in here ? every post has some kind of spoiler .

this is the same guy who goes on IMDB and complains in the forums about a movie that aint out yet but a few ppl have seen and reviewed . wahhh , why are you talking about stuff that's in the game ?!? I haven't played it yet and you MADE me read this ..WAHHH ....jakass .

also , the 24/75 is 24 speech ( you have ) and 75 ( total needed or close to it ) . if your closer use the skill mags , i think they stack .

Edited by AOS Puck

You can have more than one follow you at once. I have 2 right now. You reap all the exp for their kills as well. Haven't had one die yet, but they do get knocked unconscious. Boone F'n owns in open areas.

The new radial dial for companions is a nice addition.

Edited by J4ckyb0y1

You can have more than one follow you at once. I have 2 right now. You reap all the exp for their kills as well. Haven't had one die yet, but they do get knocked unconscious. Boone F'n owns in open areas.

The new radial dial for companions is a nice addition.

That is odd. Is your Charisma quite high or something in order to get 2 followers at once? I had Boone with me, but wasn't allowed Veronica to come with me as well. HMMmm ;p Oh or is that you have the dog and someone else? It seems a trend in all the Fallouts that you can have the dog and one extra.

PS - Not that I know 100% yet but it would seem, via screenshots, Marcus (mutant sheriff in FO2) has returned. Hopefully he is another companion. PSS - Good to see the FO1/2 world music return again.

Edited by artphobia

New companion::

Rex (cyber dog)

How: Do some work for The King there in Vegas(Freeside). He will eventually talk to you about his cyberdog and allow him to go with you. Rex gives you the perk...

'Search and Mark'

While Rex is a companion unequipped chems, firearms, and ammunition within a short distance are highlighted when you zoom the camera.

PS: I had a human companion(Veronica) with me at the time of gaining Rex.

New Companion::

Lily (Super Mutant)

How: Talk to Doctor Henry, he will team you up with her for a mission

Perk: 'Stealth Girl'

While Lily is a companion, the duration of Stealth Boys is increased by 200% and all Sneak Attack Critical Hits do an additional 10% damage.

ps: I had Veronica with me and Lily wouldn't join... "Three is a crowd", she mentioned. So it is only one Humanoid and one Non-humanoid you can have with you at a time.

Edited by AOS Puck

hi i have rex and boone but cant have another to follow me, any idea what to do to get the achievement then e.g tell one to wait at your house then go get another, wait at house again go get another, rinse and repeat i would try myself but not at xbox untill later on, also can they die, i have had boone knocked unconcious many times, but he never seems to die.

New companion:

Rose of Sharon Cassidy aka Cass (human)

owner of Cassidy Caravans

How: After completely a mission given by Cass. Mojave Outpost is due south of Goodsprings. Soon you will see the outpost's huge statues in the distance. Also during the 'Birds of a Feather' mission, started at the Silver Rush store in Freeside, you will be given an exact waypoint to Cass.

Perk : Whiskey Rose

No ill effects or addiction from consuming whiskey, while your DT is raised

Trivia: This is the daughter of a companion you could get in Fallout2

Edited by artphobia
typo etc