Achievement Discussion

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter how hard the achievement, if it is Halo I will get it! (Halo Wars doesn't count because I haven't finished it yet :p)

What're you missing in Halo Wars? If you've got anything left besides Running the Show I'd be willing to help you get it. I also have a good chunk of free time tomorrow before me and my mistress head out for an evening of fun (going for Dinner, than getting out copies of Skyrim) so if you're free tomorrow afternoon I'd be game to help you boost a little bit closer to General Rank. Takes several hours per person to boost, but any boosting is better than no boosting since 32,000 exp per round is better than a couple thousand you usually get since everybody rage quits in this game.

In case you haven't heard, THREE new achievements appeared on Waypoint (console) recently after they did their update. Alongside the MP achievements posted here, here are the three NEW Defiant achievements::

• Don't Touch That - Defiant - Prevent the attacking team from touching the flag in a matchmade 1-Flag CTF game. 25G
  • Paper Beats Rock - Defiant: Assassinate a player that just exited Armor-Lock in a matchmade game. 15G
  • All Alone - Defiant: Be the last surviving uninfected player in a matchmade Infection game. 10G

There is no question these might bring us the elusive GRD helmet!

I wonder how difficut these skulls will be to get

Also with these 3 new announced achievements plus the new ones with anniversary that would put halo reach at 1700

1000 original

250 noble

150 +new 50 total 200 for defiant

250 halo anniversary achievements

Edited by EliteLeafHater

They should all be relatively easy to pull off for people not looking to boost. Probably the toughest one is the Assassination since the damage it does shutting off tends to keep players back long enough for them to turn around.

I agree that all of the new multiplayer achievements should be easy, except the headhunter achievement.

As for the assassinate someone coming out of armor lock, I picture hanging out above an area with a ton of vehicular activity, waiting for someone to go into AL, and (since you're above them, and you aren't actively looking at you since you aren't shooting them) you have the element of surprise and height advantage when they come out of it.

I agree that all of the new multiplayer achievements should be easy, except the headhunter achievement.

As for the assassinate someone coming out of armor lock, I picture hanging out above an area with a ton of vehicular activity, waiting for someone to go into AL, and (since you're above them, and you aren't actively looking at you since you aren't shooting them) you have the element of surprise and height advantage when they come out of it.

I was thinking get a ghost on a BTB or Invasion map and start fake boosting at people. Somebody is bound to armor lock to try and kill you. Than it's simply a matter of remember his username and lobbing grenades at him until you're in a position to nab him. I wonder what the window is between deactivating Armor Lock and the game no longer counting it as "just coming out" of Armor Lock.

I am looking to boost the new Reach achievements as soon as humanly possible. So far only the new Defiant ones can be done, so anybody interested should get on the Reach boosting thread.

Edited by Tarvu
Asked a question then saw the answer now I only have a stupid statement. ;_;

Don't forget about the quick turn when coming out of armour lock, if I see you standing behind me I will either

a) Wait to come out of armour lock and quickly melee you or...

b) Get out of armour lock early when you are not expecting it and melee you.

Will mostly come down to luck and perseverance.

so has anybody tried to see if you can get the level specific achievemtns cheaply by using a second controller? like odnt take damage/pick u health kits/ kill grunts/ etc

You CAN get them, yes. Co-Op Legendary on the first level with Bandana is an alternative method. Make you have unlimited grenades and the one player can hurl his way to the end rather quickly.

For "This Side Up" achievement, can you revert to last save if you flip over or do you have to start the mission over again?

The last checkpoint will be when you're coming up the lift. So you can die or revert and start a fresh run everytime (thank god!)

Also, if you're in co-op, as long as both players get in a separate warthog, the better player can speedrun it with P2 hanging back in a hog. P2 will get the speedrun achievement + the not tipping over achievement.

So find a friend who can do this with ease and basically sit back if you're having trouble getting either achievements.

The hardest part to 'This side up' is the big jump, however if you are going top speed, with a straight angle at the jump you warthog won't tilt much at all. Allowing you to almost land flat on all four wheels. Other than that, never take the middle path on the open sections, them dipping, diving tunnels are designed to annoy the hell outa you....Bungie did that on purpose *sinister stare at bungie*

Also I don't know if it has been mentioned but skulls don't effect achievements, meaning 'Bandana' skull is possibly the most useful thing EVER. Especially considering infinite grenades..... and achievements such as 'Leave it where it lay' and 'Grenadier' become simple lob fests rather than grueling challenges to survive

Apparently if you're going for the no-death library chievo with co-op if either dies then no unlock. Played through just now and my buddy died right before the end and I didnt get it. Anybody knows whats up here?

Both players, if you're playing co-op, can't die at all or neither of you will get the achievement.

Now the reason why 343i made it like this was probably because they wanted it to be an actual challenge rather than have people piggyback in co-op to unlock it.

Both players, if you're playing co-op, can't die at all or neither of you will get the achievement.

Now the reason why 343i made it like this was probably because they wanted it to be an actual challenge rather than have people piggyback in co-op to unlock it.

Yeah I figured as much and I saw it right after posting this too. Might need to update my "never again" chievo

Somebody knows if the skulls deactivate some achivements?

I tryed Pillar of autum in Heroic with the "Grunt funeral" skull turned on. I did not received direct life damage (not that i've perceived) but also didn't got the achievement.

Trying again now with the same setup.