Do you buy or rent games

Tootell

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't rent anymore these days... not worth it...

If its a game i want at release and will keep, i buy it. Then if its an old game i just wanna do the campaign... i still buy it but for 15 bucks.. cost like 11-12$ to rent for a week... not worth it

GameAcces and other renting by mail cost like 20$ a month... for 1 game, may be worth a bit more if you take 2 or 3 games, becase you can send them seprately and always have one game in your posession but unless you pay more to reserve game they send you old games anyway... and well im a MP kind of gamer, so it take me like 2 weeks to do a solo game... around 30 min to 1h every 2 days or so... not worth it.

Buy when I find it for a price I'm willing to pay.

Before all the rental places basically shuttered around here any time I tried to rent a game one of two things happened:

1) it was never in stock

2) I got it home but never had time to play it

So I just stopped even trying. At least if I own it it will only collect dust until I get around to it. Then I have a pile to trade in for a new one down the road. Haven't paid full price for a game in years.

I'll buy the big name releases if i want them, but easier games/whoring games, I buy off of ebay or CL, then sell them on ebay when I'm done. Actually sold My horse and me 2, Bully, and the 2 monster jam games on ebay for $180. I got them off of ebay for cheap a few years ago and realized they were becoming pretty rare, so I finished them and threw them online....PROFIT. I NEVER trade a game into a store. Sometimes I wish I kept them, just to have them but then I realize I'm never going to play them again so may as well put some cash in the pocket.

Adam