Public Menace Method(s)

Manc_Man

Ok, so I've seen a lot of people on this forum and elsewhere complaining about how to do this, some say they spent over an hour running around and got nowhere near the amount needed. I came up with two methods for this, both worked perfect.

My first effort which took a little more time I will admit, but was 100% successful (came out with more than 90k in damages). What we are looking to do is vehicle damage, this is all that counts, this is where the money is. Now start the case The Drivers Seat, as soon as you leave the police station jump in a car, turn around and drive up the hill, drive down get some speed and hit a car head on, this will cause the car you hit to start flaming, congratulations you did over 1k of damage. How do I know this? because if you go on Rockstars Social Club you can see the cars you unlocked and how much they're worth and if you manage to destroy that car then that counts towards how much damage you just did. If you look through 98% of the cars are worth over 1k. So you destroy their car and your car at the same time, that's 2k. Up and down the hill until you destroy 48 cars to be safe. Too time consuming?

Method 2 -

This kind of follows on from what I was going by before - Vehicle Value. So I was browsing through the car values and looked for the most expensive which from what I have unlocked so far is the American La France Fire Truck $12,459. These can be found at the fire station next to the Hollywood Police Station when you are at the Arson Desk. So, 5 destroyed Fire Trucks Later, it popped (Again! different GT)

Hope this helps, Method 1 takes about 35-40 mins, method 2 around 20 odd mins, those Fire Trucks are tough. Remember, head on and don't count towards your total unless the vehicle is on fire, just to be safe. Enjoy your 30G. :woop:

Edited by Manc_Man

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to post above: you'll get the Achievement Public Menace, $47,000, when you Complete the case.

1 thing:

1st post forgot to say: "the game will auto you to the missions"

so if you getting $47,000 car demo, do it quick for the auto missions make you do the missions

my Vehicle Damage is $128,576, oh yea!

Edited by DanielH

to post above: you'll get the Achievement Public Menace, $47,000, when you Complete the case.

1 thing:

1st post forgot to say: "the game will auto you to the missions"

so if you getting $47,000 car demo, do it quick for the auto missions make you do the missions

my Vehicle Damage is $128,576, oh yea!

The only way the game auto makes you do the mission is if you drive by where you need to go, or have your partner drive. Otherwise you can drive like a crazed maniac all you want.

here was my method:

i found that not every time i was able to total the fire truck (to the point where they automatically jump out). sometimes it gets so damaged that it just slows down making it hard to further crash.

i just found a fire station with a fire truck (the one on east melrose) and kept crashing to the point where it slows down. i did this 10 times and ended up with ~ 65,000 worth of damage.

to 2 post above:

i'm letting my partner drive, so i can get 5 stars every mission.

and i wasn't near the yellow flag on the map, when i went up and down the hill near the police station, between 10 and 30 mintues, when it just went black sreeen and at the mission.

however, as i drove to the next mission, i kept on crashing, got to the mission, rinse and repeat until complete mission, end result $128,576 in car damage.

Edited by DanielH

I did METHOD 1 (Cars) (THANKS FOR THE INFO) since the American La France Fire Truck took to long to respawn, I simply crashed in one car after another and switched as soon as it broke. I ended up with 146.204 $ Vehicle Damage, waaaaaaay too much haha but Achievement Unlocked, hehe. :woop:

Here is a video for the Fire Truck location if someone is interested:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8PpU0sMNk0]YouTube - ‪LA Noire - Rare Car - American La France Fire Truck‬‏[/ame]

Guest attackedbullet

Can tell me when is best do this Achievement after ive finished the game ? i thought the idea of game was to be good cop laugh ? and u have to RANK UP etc ? so if i start smashing stuff wont my police profile drop down ? i dont really understand it sorry.If anyone help me with info this would be of help to me.Thank you.

Can tell me when is best do this Achievement after ive finished the game ? i thought the idea of game was to be good cop laugh ? and u have to RANK UP etc ? so if i start smashing stuff wont my police profile drop down ? i dont really understand it sorry.If anyone help me with info this would be of help to me.Thank you.

The game only saves your highest rating in a case. So if you already beat the game, and have 5 stars in each case, replaying a case to get this achievement won't overwrite your 5 star.

I did METHOD 1 (Cars) (THANKS FOR THE INFO) since the American La France Fire Truck took to long to respawn, I simply crashed in one car after another and switched as soon as it broke. I ended up with 146.204 $ Vehicle Damage, waaaaaaay too much haha but Achievement Unlocked, hehe. :woop:

Here is a video for the Fire Truck location if someone is interested:

Thanks blaze, i ended doing that method though because destroying fire trucks takes to long so i just destroyed 2 and went and crashed everyone else. by the end i made like 50,546 damage, what a relief. ;)

Thanks blaze, i ended doing that method though because destroying fire trucks takes to long so i just destroyed 2 and went and crashed everyone else. by the end i made like 50,546 damage, what a relief. ;)

Yeah, ya welcome & no problem. I figured out doing it with a car is waaaay faster. Glad you have the achievement now too. :cool:

I would like to point something out about the fire trucks taking so long to total.

I believe that if you drive them into a gas pump at a gas station, it will instantly total the truck, even when it's driving really slowly as it does when it gets too beat up.

I can't help with the respawn times but that does seem to be a quick method for totaling them if you can find a gas station which is not hard to do.

EDIT: It appears that this method is risky as I just died trying to do this a second time.

Edited by Alpha X

I would like to point something out about the fire trucks taking so long to total.

I believe that if you drive them into a gas pump at a gas station, it will instantly total the truck, even when it's driving really slowly as it does when it gets too beat up.

I can't help with the respawn times but that does seem to be a quick method for totaling them if you can find a gas station which is not hard to do.

EDIT: It appears that this method is risky as I just died trying to do this a second time.

Nice info right there. I was already wondering this. Thanks for trying this out Alpha. ;) So I guess we rather stick to cars. I'd suggest so.