Few ach notes

100Proof

Greetings Silvergun Noobs.

Couple of notes on getting achs in this game:

- Destroying a boss with 100% Destruction (for Complete Breakdown and Genuine Complete Breakdown) means you have to destroy all of the parts on the boss before depleting the life bar (which is essentially a life meter for the boss' main section). The easiest boss to get Complete Breakdown on is 3-2 (the 2nd boss). He has 7 pieces: 4 detached pieces (2 that shoot lasers and 2 that shoot blue crap), a piece on each side of the main laser (that both shoot the pink balls you absorb for your Radiant Sword), and the main laser in the center. The main laser has the life bar which means everything else must be destroyed before that life bar is depleted.

- The MERRY achievement is for finding one of the barking "MERRY" dog secrets in the game (and Top Breeder is for finding all of them). These can only be found by using the homing weapon (Homing + Spread) at specific points. The easiest one to find is right before you fight the boss of 3-4. Just throw out the homing weapon by the dead center of the pool that the boss pops out of (before it pops out) and voila, easy 5 pts.

- If you need a list of where the merries, how to get 100,000 chain score or how the hell to finish the game without continuing, check out http://www.archive.org/details/Ben_Shinobi_RS for a perfect run. A lot of great stuff for beating bosses and surviving some of the tougher sections.

If I have spare time, I'll write up a cheevo guide but that covers most of the important info.

• 3 months later...

I guess you have to do the 100% completion on all bosses achievement on hard, I watched one of the videos and I think he had it on hard difficulty, chains were way too many points for killing 3 enemies. Plus, on the easier levels the bosses would have self destructed with as much time as he took. But I have to finish the story first, almost did it this morning but I ran out of lives.

• 1 month later...