Is this the worst game you have ever played?

Ruthless

I had to try it at least 20 times on Chaos mode!!! :eek:

See, I finished it on my second attempt on Chaos mode.

It just seems that the enemies rush in a group (it might be the end of the map i'm attempting it from) and your firepower is awful and does next to no damage, resulting in 6 enemies rushing and you desperately jumping around trying to survive with no magic.

I need to try some different tactics I think, possibly a different end of the map and not using up all my magic with tornado.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, I finished it on my second attempt on Chaos mode.

It just seems that the enemies rush in a group (it might be the end of the map i'm attempting it from) and your firepower is awful and does next to no damage, resulting in 6 enemies rushing and you desperately jumping around trying to survive with no magic.

I need to try some different tactics I think, possibly a different end of the map and not using up all my magic with tornado.

Yeah... tornado is great if you get it spot on, and it blows all of the enemies away, but I often find it hard to judge the distance, and it just goes behind them. :)

This time, I'm thinking of a combination of Raven's Panic and Elemental Shot... the fire bullets of the machine gun really cut enemies down, even on Hell mode, so it may be worth a go.

We will get there in the end... :Bounce:

• 2 weeks later...

I think its the equivalent of a good B-Movie in game form .... a certain crowd of people will enjoy it but its not for everyone and its not going to be appreciated by a lot of people like some hollywood blockbuster. I like a lot of games that other people don`t though such as Earth Defence Force and Kengo Zero....at the end of the day it`s all a matter of opinion.

• 8 months later...

When the game first came out, it was made to be super amazing and all that. But, when I got it, The levels were too long, the story just weird and the gameplay boring. I just keep trying for the achievements, but other then that, I'm getting rid of it as soon as it's done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
When the game first came out, it was made to be super amazing and all that. But, when I got it, The levels were too long, the story just weird and the gameplay boring. I just keep trying for the achievements, but other then that, I'm getting rid of it as soon as it's done.

I actually really like the story, I thought it was refreshing. Usually, a game like this would have the storyline of "Evil man seeks to take over the world!". I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't played it through yet, but I found the reasons behind the events interesting, and even quite thought provoking.

Maybe it is just because I am so tired of fighting these 'evil men'... :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

four years since its release (round about) and I still enjoy playing this game, nothing bad in it that can't be excused due to it not being a streamline game. One thing that is erksome about it though is the DLC. Obviously this was out when DLC was generally poo (horse armor) but for this game it was soooo bad. Costumes that could easily have been unlockables, only put on the marketplace because they knew certain audiences would buy them for the fap factor.

The Dlc missions were annoying as well, basically arcade style challenges that were very cheap microsoft points wise. There were so many though, about 20-25 if I remember correctly and no one ever thought to put them into one big "challenge pack".

Apart from that though, good game. Always been sad there doesn't seem to be a sequal in the making.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I quite liked it. The design was good and despite the basic graphics and awful voice acting I though tit managed to convey an atmosphere of underlying hopelessness and cities nearly devoid of life rather well. The big downside for me was the controls, especially selecting spells. I really cannot fathom why you have to cycle twice and select the spell when there are several unused buttons, which on higher difficulties leaves you open for a few seconds to take a lot of damage. The final boss dragged on forever, but if there was a sequel I'd likely buy it

• 1 month later...
I quite liked it. The design was good and despite the basic graphics and awful voice acting I though tit managed to convey an atmosphere of underlying hopelessness and cities nearly devoid of life rather well. The big downside for me was the controls, especially selecting spells. I really cannot fathom why you have to cycle twice and select the spell when there are several unused buttons, which on higher difficulties leaves you open for a few seconds to take a lot of damage. The final boss dragged on forever, but if there was a sequel I'd likely buy it

I mostly agree with this, but a sequel.... it would depend what other games were out at the time whether I'd play it or not.