Bowling splits

SentineL

any tips on how to actually get a split. ive been trying for the past hour just to get a split thats not a f***ing 7-10 or a 6-7-10 or a....you get the point. can someone tell me how to get a split that isnt a cross-lane split or tell me how to very easily take those out. this achievement is starting to really piss me off and i know its not even close to the most difficult achievement in the game....

Close your eyes !!

It's so hard - I did it with loads of spin to the left - and blasted those pins over to the right.

My partner though managed to find a lucky split where there were only two pins standing on the left hand side, and beautifully lined up.

It's quite random - but a nice slow bowl - to hit the front pin on the right front corner seemed the best set-up shot for an okay split when I got it.

!!

This one's been driving me crazy too. Like the OP, all I can seem to get are 7-10 and 6-7-10 splits, which I can never seem to hit. So annoying, because there was one game on Champion where I only had the 7-pin left and I hit it hard enough to smack the left wall and bounce all the way back and land where the 10-pin would've been. Only time I've ever wished for a 7-10 split!

Gets so frustrating trying for an hour or two, throwing so slow down the middle just trying to leave myself with a split so I get an attempt, only to fail.

Don't throw down the middle. That will only leave some combination of 4 and or 7 and 6 and or 10. Hit the head pin high at a low angle on the pocket side. That will allow a possible 3-10 split for right handers and 2-7 for left.

Ok I'll give this a shot. I was hoping to get something like 1-2-4-7 and then 10 as my split, since that'd make it really easy, but I get frustrated trying to leave myself a split and accidentally getting strikes haha

Ok apparently you can't have the head spin left, or it won't count as a split.

Shinobi, I'm not a bowler, and not familiar with the terminology... high the head pin high at a low angle? What do you mean by hit it high?

For right handed:

"Pocket" would be where you roll the ball between the head pin (1 pin) and the 3 pin (pins numbered 1-10 starting at the front, left to right). "High" would be making contact with the head pin in front of the pocket. High angle would be parallel to the lane and lower angle would be perpendicular, relative to your ideal strike angle.

You want to hit the head pin such that you leave the 3 and cause the 5 to hit the 6. To get splits you really need to hit the head pin (by definition, a split does not include the head pin).

Edited by Shinobi273

For right handed:

"Pocket" would be where you roll the ball between the head pin (1 pin) and the 3 pin (pins numbered 1-10 starting at the front, left to right). "High" would be making contact with the head pin in front of the pocket. High angle would be parallel to the lane and lower angle would be perpendicular, relative to your ideal strike angle.

You want to hit the head pin such that you leave the 3 and cause the 5 to hit the 6. To get splits you really need to hit the head pin (by definition, a split does not include the head pin).

Great, thanks for the explanation. I'll give this a shot and can hopefully get one of my last achievements out of the way.