Anyone else do 100% in Mission Mode?

I just want to give props for everyone possting here for a few reasons.

1) For those that completed 100%, I salute you

2) For those that haven't but showing determination for at the very least that 320

3) For those of us that are having difficulties but understand its personal limitation and requires more practice

and my big reason

4) For this forum being one of the most level-headed, non-aggressive, non-hate spewing forums I've ever been to. Everyone here is both very supportive and non trolling (thus far). Kudos to you all.

To make this on track I've completed 10/10 on the following;

Hulk, Super-Skrull, Ryu, Morrigan, Chris Redfield, M.O.D.O.K, Zero, Spencer, Haggar, Dormammu, Taskmaster, Sentinel and I'm closing in on many others, fast.

And last night I made a breakthrough with exercising Ammy's weapon change combos finishing 6 and 7 of her missions.

Edited by PbFarmer

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yesterday i completed all 10 missions for wolverine. man this guy is badass!! his combos are insane! pretty easy to do but he's so deadly!! i love his quickness and the combos/ultra combos you can chain together. :D

now i'm near the 70%.

today i try my last one for dante. mission 10 is insane...

Hey! It's Sidedish. I don't know if you remember me from the BB threads. Been a while though. Congrats on completing mission mode. I had problems with a couple like DD's 9 I think. (c.lp + a2 at the same time was wonky for me for a bit (I use a stick))

Only ones left are Ammy's and that's because the weapon changes eat me alive.

Is doing all of these missions easier with the fight stick im thinking about purchasing one and is it worth it ??

Not any easier really, it's just preference. The button layout is the same as the fightpad, so if you use your fingers instead of your thumb to hit the pad's buttons the only difference will be your speed at inputting directions (your thumb should be able to handle the fastest speed necessary for directions in mission mode, I do go quicker on a stick though).

If you practice a lot on a normal controller then you'll perform better on that than a stick, and vice versa. It's all about the hours you put in.

Is doing all of these missions easier with the fight stick im thinking about purchasing one and is it worth it ??

generally speaking, its all about how much use will you get out of it. I definitely thing its easier to hit the points, and easier to pull off on average with a stick. This is all due to the fact its easier to control, but you will still need to learn.

If you're wondering, just scope out a deal. I remember seeing the Street Fighter IV standard, with Street fighter IV for 34? at wallmart.com earlier.

I have been using the regular joystick on the original xbox 360 controller (not the new one with the fancy d-pad). It takes some effort, though I'm sure the same could be said of all of the control inputs. That being said, I'm now at 351/360 missions. Ammy still kicks my butt a bit, but I'm ALMOST complete proving that the xbox 360 controller is a viable method of input.

Here is a little video to keep you guys going and also to show whats required before people try...

Hope you enjoy :-)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TziAkMTLHg]YouTube - Marvel Vs Capcom 3 A new Avenger Achievement and 1000/1000[/ame]

I won't even get the 160 one. I absolutely suck at fighting games and button sequences. I'm struggling by round 5, I can't even do the basic :dright::ddown:(:dright::ddown:) moves, just not coordinated or precarious enough to do them.
Getting 160 is pretty easy, make sure you have the four hidden characters, buy Jill and Shuma and then just do the first 4 for each and you're almost there.

I know a lot of people here are discouraged with some of the combos in Mission Mode but all I can say is dont give up! With the new DLC out for Shuma and Jill plus the new Mission Mode guide up(compliments of Didi Mau) you can still get 100%.

Personally I don't even have 320 Missions completed yet,(sorry to SHOCK you) but even once I get there I don't see myself going for the full 360. I currently stand at 78.33% so I still have many more missions to go.

I reccomend you try doing the easiest characters down to the hardest ones. Once you have 10ed all the easy fighters just do the first 5 or 6 for the Hard ones and see how far THAT will get you. Didi Mau's guide even has a list of Easiest to Hardest to do so I insist anyone trying to get 88% or 100% should give it a gander.