Does consistent reading make you a better gamer?

pandaliamcod6

I think gaming helps improve your gaming skills. Sure reading has many benefits and might allow for faster reaction times, but i think this goes for everyone when you go back to a game you haven't played for a while you will not be as good as when you stopped playing, yet how many people put down the controller and go read for 20 minutes, no you keep playing and improve.

I don't know, playing too long can make you worse.

If I play for 8 hours(Not often) My eyes are sore and I feel really tired so i play terrible.

This sounds a bit narrowminded but reading doesn't make you a better gamer, though it would make you more knowledgable with some of the more complicated/sophisticated words, which I guess could help you solve a riddle in a game, oh and expand your mind, but gaming does the latter anyways, and so does walking into town (non-insulting).

• 2 weeks later...
This sounds a bit narrowminded but reading doesn't make you a better gamer, though it would make you more knowledgable with some of the more complicated/sophisticated words, which I guess could help you solve a riddle in a game, oh and expand your mind, but gaming does the latter anyways, and so does walking into town (non-insulting).

Thats what I used to think, but its just a small fraction of the gaming you will play. It's not scientifically proven, but some people say their is a link between reading and memory.

I read a lot, but wouldn't say it's contributed to my gaming skills. What it has done for me is allow me to keep my focus on something until I finish it. I can become immersed into something and I don't want to back out until I see how it ends.

Right now, I just started Clash of Kings earlier today, and I'm already two-thirds of the way through it.